WWE.com: Legend of The American Dragon

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/history-of-daniel-bryan-part-one

I love it when WWE acknowledges the existence of wrestling outside their "sports entertainment" bubble especially smaller companies who deserve credit for housing so many of its top stars and allowing them to gain top level independent exposure to hone their skills and advance their careers.

Some of it is incorrect (Dean Ambrose listed as having fought Bryan in ROH, he wrestled him in DGUSA, Gabe Sapolsky will cry bloodied tears of rage when he sees that one) but for the most part WWE has done a good job here.

This has become almost commonplace over the last couple of years. Colour me apathetic.

This has become almost commonplace over the last couple of years. Colour me apathetic.

I recall them doing it for Punk but Punk himself said he wouldn't have done the DVD had they not and prior to Punk/Bryan they also did it for an article, however aside from that nothing comes to mind. JBL mentioned CMLL recently, Low Ki referenced TNA, Cena kind of referenced TNA but they'll never go that far because there is no working relationship there.

I recall them doing it for Punk but Punk himself said he wouldn't have done the DVD had they not and prior to Punk/Bryan they also did it for an article, however aside from that nothing comes to mind. JBL mentioned CMLL recently, Low Ki referenced TNA, Cena kind of referenced TNA but they'll never go that far because there is no working relationship there.
Joe (and Styles I believe) both got mentioned in a WWE.com list and Bryan's indy roots have been talked about endlessly.

Even if they're not always naming other promotions, there's enough there for me not to care any more.

Wouldnt have been a great idea, I dunno, say before they put him on fucking NXT?

I enjoy things the WWE does to prove they wasted years of mine and Daniel Bryans life.

At this point I'm surprised WWE hasn't done a more formal relationship with ROH like they did with ECW.

Joe (and Styles I believe) both got mentioned in a WWE.com list and Bryan's indy roots have been talked about endlessly.

Even if they're not always naming other promotions, there's enough there for me not to care any more.

Joe was mentioned. Styles, I can't remember. And speaking of something, naming it and crediting it are three different things. WWE rarely credits anything in the modern era, if AJ Styles joined WWE tomorrow you think they'll credit a majority of his career to TNA? No, but they will do it for the company who they regularly do business with to gain what has became their top talent.

At this point I'm surprised WWE hasn't done a more formal relationship with ROH like they did with ECW.

Cary Silkin whose now the ambassador and is former owner said ROH would never do it. He wouldn't have done it had they came to him and he could never see Sinclair doing it. I forget what he said their reasons are but he said his would have came down to pride because the company has always existed against a ton of doubt on whether It'd be there twelve months on and how it always managed to stay afloat off consistent earnings, whereas ECW endured large debt for living beyond their means.

I guess this is just where you and I will have to differ. I couldn't care less what they name or credit or whatever else. The people who would care are the people who already knew this stuff. It's hardly some grand gesture which deeply moves my inner indy-fanboy or exposes the masses to something new.

But hey. Different strokes.

Cary Silkin whose now the ambassador and is former owner said ROH would never do it. He wouldn't have done it had they came to him and he could never see Sinclair doing it. I forget what he said their reasons are but he said his would have came down to pride because the company has always existed against a ton of doubt on whether It'd be there twelve months on and how it always managed to stay afloat off consistent earnings, whereas ECW endured large debt for living beyond their means.

Well, no offense, but thats fucking stupid

That sounds pretty stupid. It's not selling out to the WWE, it's establishing communications and having small business deals together such as talents. Like when Taz won the ECW World title and wrestled Triple H on Smackdown. Or the couple of developmental guys they sent to ECW for exposure. It did wonders for them.

Well, no offense, but thats fucking stupid

If you survive on your own for so long being independent and then get bought out by a multi-million dollar corporation who promise financial security and time to grow in a natural way, in contrast to say pumping tons of money in and running the risk of gaining no profit, I don't think you've done too bad.

If you survive on your own for so long being independent and then get bought out by a multi-million dollar corporation who promise financial security and time to grow in a natural way, in contrast to say pumping tons of money in and running the risk of gaining no profit, I don't think you've done too bad.

Not doing too bad and not doing as well as you could out of pride are two different things.

As a student of history, I can tell you the number one donwfall in all of humanity is pride / ego.

That sounds pretty stupid. It's not selling out to the WWE, it's establishing communications and having small business deals together such as talents. Like when Taz won the ECW World title and wrestled Triple H on Smackdown. Or the couple of developmental guys they sent to ECW for exposure. It did wonders for them.

Im simply thinking talent exchange between NXT and ROH, mostly, and accepting a small amount of Monetary backing and scouting

Wouldnt have been a great idea, I dunno, say before they put him on fucking NXT?

I enjoy things the WWE does to prove they wasted years of mine and Daniel Bryans life.

His Brian Danielson NXT promo rocked.

That's how I found out what ECW was and I'm sure a lot of other fans did too. It wouldn't hurt at all. Maybe bring some ROH fans to WWE and I'm sure many WWE fans who haven't a clue of ROH's existence would be interested to see what ROH is. Best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back