Umaga vs. Konnan

• 3 Minute Warning

• K-Dawg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matchup takes place in the WWE Region under basic WWE rules from Calgary, Alberta

#25. "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga

umaga.jpg

vs.

#40. "Wrestlezone's Own" Konnan
konnan8x10.gif

Konnan was good at beating on smaller guys. The leg lock he had wouldn't do shit here. Also, in WWE there's no NWO to bail him out. Umaga is a bull that would flatten him here. Even with the worst finisher of all time with the thumb to the neck of death, Umaga wins here in a squash.

I have to agree the Samoan Bulldozer is going to run through Konnan. Umaga is no cruiserweight here and Konnans offense is going to be very limited. He doesnt have exceptional sppeed so once UmaNga catch him, it will be a slaughter.

Yeah, in WCW and definitely in Mexico, Konnan would stand a chance, but definitely not in WWE. Like I said in another thread, the WWE ring has a great record for monsters and supermen. And the only way a true monster like Umaga would ever be defeated in a WWE ring, is by a Superman like Cena or Hogan or HHH. And Konnan does not fit that category, especially in WWE.

Yeah, in WCW and definitely in Mexico, Konnan would stand a chance, but definitely not in WWE.

Did you read Shocky's description of the difference between a WWE and WCW ring?

The entrance platform in th WCW ring is equal in height. The WWE entrance platform is not.

That's it.

Also, long before he was Konnan in America, he was Max Moon in WWE. We'll move on.

Konnan is servicable here. This match isn't the walk some people may expect, because in addition to being an agile Mexican lucha, Konnan (much like the legend El Canek) was surprisingly strong.

Of course, Umaga is a Superheavyweight, and in addition to being very strong, Umaga (much like the legend Vader) is surprisingly agile.

I'm going with Umaga, but I won't hate on anyone who votes for Konnan here.

Umaga would squash this guy. Konnan was never anything spectacular. Umaga holds victories over some of the best superstars in the W.W.E. today. Umaga is strong, fast, and doesn't feel pain. The leg lock is useless against him. I figure it's over in a couple of minutes after a Samoan Drop. Umaga rolls on to the next round.

Considering the sick things that Konnan threatened to do to us, timid members of the internet wrestling community, I shudder to think what skull-fuckery he may try to employ on an opponent which actual poses a real threat.

Begrudgingly, I'll think I'll toss my vote to the bigger man here. Just because I never really got the big deal with Konnan. If Umaga was facing Kenta Kobashi, I'd make the same point.

Konnan would handle himself good against Umaga but Umaga is very agile as a heavyweight and even though the Samoan Spike is awful, I think Umaga will pick up the win.

Umaga, easily. holy shit Umaga is amazing, and likely would have a comparable number of accolades to Konnan (in the US, obviously) if he had a different character. Umaga has put on some of the best matches we have seen in the last 3 years. K Dawg didnt put on the best macthes of ANY three years.

WWE upper mid carder > WCW mid carder. always.

I'm going with The Samoan Bulldozer here. Yes, Konnan was agile, and has some strength, but he was never above average with any of it. Umaga is solid in the ring, and is ahead of Konnan in every category.

KB is right about the Samoan Spike, as it truly is a crappy finisher. But, the Running Butt Of Death and the Samoan Drop are both very effective, and will be the ultimate end to Konnan in the tournament.

The fact that Umaga has more or less destroyed every opponent he's faced on their first meeting, chances are he'll do the same here, in fact he will. As much as I love Konnan and remember our time with him fondly, I believe that this will be Umaga's traditional squash match when he first meets an opponent. It's usually only when an opponent has already faced Umaga that they seem to be able to figure him out and defeat him.

Without a doubt i'm going for Umaga here. He is better in every department except speed, And agility, K-dawg will try a rolling thunder, And get caught with either a Samoan drop, Or a Catatonic, And it would be downhill from there.

Umanga win's.

Umaga is probably my favourite big guy, he has size, but he also has skill, which is actually quite rare (Note: The Great Khali). This is even more one-sided than I first thought, when has Konnan ever shown he could take out a guy of Umagas size? Never. Umaga has the Upper hand in every part here, I almost feel sorry for Konnan. Almost.

when has Konnan ever shown he could take out a guy of Umagas size? Never.

bubble.jpg

Konna is a former US Champion. You might be surprised to hear this. But he won it of somebody. I know, I know, you'd think it was just handed to him. But it wasn't. He won it in a wrestling match. Not only that, but he won the match and the belt against a huge man.

Who was this wrestler? Only the bigger than Umaga, One Man Gang.

I don't think Umaga being 'injury prone' will do anything for the outcome of this match though

Maybe not. But it's something to consider. It could come into play in later rounds. You can also use it against certain wrestlers, depending on what their prime years are. Cena for example has already broken his neck, whilst still probably being in his prime. Austin broke his neck before he entered what could be considered his prime, Undertaker has 3 months off every year to recover from injuries.

Konnan is alright, but I think Umaga is better. He tends to dominate people from the outset and I don't think it'd be any different here. Like most Samoans, Umaga has quite a lot of agility to go with his obvious strength, which more than makes up for his pace differential with Konnan.

Umaga really plays the savage well. Everything he does from the looks he gives to his opponent and the referee to his moves and psychology to details like the way he pins his opponent are perfectly in character.

The samoan spike looks completely shit, but I can't think of many instances where he's gone for it and it has been avoided or where someone has kicked out from it. As much as I'd like Mexicans to progress, I really can't justify putting Konnan over here.

I don't think I could care less about these two. If Umaga and Konnan were involved in a feud, I would go with Konnan (look at the feud between Umaga and Jeff Hardy throughout 2007). But, as Luther already pointed out, Umaga tends to dominate his opponents in his initial match-ups with them. Thus, I'm going with Umaga. Better luck next year Konnan...or not.

Konnan is a douchebag in real life, but that shouldn't discredit him as a wrestler. The guy was pretty damn big in Mexico in the early 90's, and had a pretty decent go at it in WCW with the cruiserweights, and eventually becoming a US Champion. Even as a role of a mouthpiece for LAX, Konnan was able to draw heat and give that team the credibility it rode to their success. So Konnan has been successful in two American markets, and his legacy is unquestioned in Mexico.

However, I love Umaga. Ask me that two years ago, probably a different answer, but I've grown to appreciate the Samoan Bulldozer. The man is pure brutality, packaged with unparalleled speed for a big man. Yes, the Samoan Spike is a lame finisher, but it's effective, and I think Umaga walks from this match with the W.

Umaga wins here for me. He is a perfect monster in the ring. He is fast, agile, great character, and has had some impressive fights despite being over 300 pounds. He is also booked to win against mid carders. And you want to know the name of a midcarder? Konnan. That is all Konnan ever was, a whinning midcarder. This will not go his way, Umaga is over here.

Another snoozefest for me with this match. I don't find anything appealing about either competitor. When comparing to the two, Umaga is probably stronger and faster than Konnan, which would give him the edge in this match.

Konnan, while a favorite of mine in WCW, I don't think he could top Umaga. Konnan could hang with the cruiser/light weights, but against the likes of Umaga, I think Konnan would be over matched and Umanga (as Willy Regal would say) goes out the victor.

I seem to remember Umaga getting pinfall victories over both members of DX when he went on his undefeated run, the only time I can recall seeing the Samoan Spike countered was when Kane caught his arm and chokeslammed him. Doesn't change the fact that Umaga is pretty fucking irrelevant now though.

I'll still go with Umaga, Konnan's pretty good dont get me wrong and this would be a good match but when Umaga isnt injured he's usually pretty dominant, only really losing to the Main-Eventers and making light work of guys like Kennedy.

Basically Umaga smash midcarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back