WWE brings back JR!!! Sort of....

tvcolosi

Getting Noticed By Management
A few weeks ago it was reported that the recently "retired" Jim Ross would be recording wrap a rounds for Legends House on WWE network. Then yesterday it was mentioned on a great deal of sites he was spotted going to the headquarters in Stamford to record n interview for the forth coming Paul Heyman DVD documentary.

Am I the only one that is really pleased to see that this is are happening? I mean there are a couple of either rumored or scheduled DVDs that won't be quite as great if there was no JR interview. I imagine a Sting documentary is inevitable and JR was the play by play on all his early matches. I hope there is an Undertaker documentary when he hangs them up and there's a few more. Now they could pull comments from other projects like they have done with Cornette when he left then Hogan and Bischoff while they where in TNA but now we get the real thing.

I am very encouraged that he's back this soon after the very unclear and conflicting reports of what happened around his "retirement". Maybe he will attend mania or at least the Hall of Fame.

JR said he wanted to call the Undertaker's Final match when he was interviewed on Stone Cold's Podcast.

Hope he calls All of the remaining Streak matches, tbh.

its WrestleMania 30. If they have made peace with guys who were "never coming back" like Hogan, Warrior, Bruno, Jake, and Bret... If JR left on decent terms he has to be there... even if he doesn't call a match, though I hope he does...

Hell if JR could pull a Taker and show up for Mania every year that'd be great. but yeah for any and all DVD's of guys that were here with JR was, he's gotta be on them.

I am very encouraged that he's back this soon after the very unclear and conflicting reports of what happened around his "retirement".

It's pleasing, yet surprising. The only thing stranger than WWE letting him go in the first place is bringing him back so soon afterward. If he's such a living legend in his field, having carved out a niche in pro wrestling history as a commentator, why did they drop him in the first place? Whose bright idea was that?

But since they did drop him, why have him back now? Did they experience some sort of an (unpublicized) backlash against the action? Did JR beg them to give at least the appearance he's working again for WWE? Did someone in authority have a "Oh, jeez! What the hell were we thinking?" type moment?

Consider: the kinds of stuff it's been rumored he'll be doing essentially sets him up with the equivalent of a Legends contract......which should have been a given from the beginning.

In all, I'd like to see him doing something with the company again....and it never should have come to this in the first place. If the company is now fixing a mistake, that's fine by me.

Here is a relatively short, but incredibly entertaining interview with Jim Ross. He is honest and gives a straight answer to each question.

Topics include: The plane ride from hell, working for Vince McMahon, and overzealous wrestling fans. I found it thoroughly enjoyable, so I thought others might appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l37S1_31tSs

The interview aired on Friday's edition of "Highly Questionable" on ESPN2. Probably my favorite ESPN show, because sports are supposed to be fun.

It's pleasing, yet surprising. The only thing stranger than WWE letting him go in the first place is bringing him back so soon afterward. If he's such a living legend in his field, having carved out a niche in pro wrestling history as a commentator, why did they drop him in the first place? Whose bright idea was that?

But since they did drop him, why have him back now? Did they experience some sort of an (unpublicized) backlash against the action? Did JR beg them to give at least the appearance he's working again for WWE? Did someone in authority have a "Oh, jeez! What the hell were we thinking?" type moment?

Consider: the kinds of stuff it's been rumored he'll be doing essentially sets him up with the equivalent of a Legends contract......which should have been a given from the beginning.

In all, I'd like to see him doing something with the company again....and it never should have come to this in the first place. If the company is now fixing a mistake, that's fine by me.

It may have been as simple as "since we aren't using you every week, go do whatever you want and we will bring you in and pay you when you are needed"

Honestly, it makes sense.. the once a month he was going to Full Sail for nXt tapings was not worth the amount I'm sure his contract or salary called for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back