• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Battleground - WWE SD Women's Championshp Fatal Fiveway #1 Contender's Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It's official as of tonight's episode of SmackDown Live that Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Natalya, Tamina and Lana will square off at Battleground in a Fatal Fiveway Elimination Match. The winner of said match will go onto SummerSlam for a shot at the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.

This seems like it could be very entertaining on paper and I have a feeling it'll probably be so in execution as well. Lana being in this bout does seem a bit odd but the division is spread pretty thin right now. Aside from Lana, Carmella is the only other viable woman on the blue brand but since she's already Ms. Money in the Bank, putting her in this match would seem sort of redundant.

Charlotte and Becky are probably the two favorites, though I'd also be fine with Natalya picking up the win. I ultimately hope this isn't just some drawn out scheme so that Lana gets another title shot.

The dream match in a lot of fans eyes is Charlotte vs Naomi but for me i would love to see Becky lynch win this and go against noami at summerslam.

Either way, i see that match more as a set up for Carmella to cash in at summerslam after the match, so either whoever win the five way at battleground is just there to provide a great match for noami at summerslam before carmella cash in and become the smackdown women's champion.

Disappointed. Instead of giving us some feud you give us same old shit you gave us months ago. Meanwhile that championship opportunity you hold so precious was handed not once, not twice, but three times to a women who had almost zero experience in ring and just showed up on your roster.

Book that shit again on Smackdown, get your no1 contender and give us some fresh feuds right at Battleground, dont milk that "everyone deserve a shot while our Champion is doing nothing" because it might work on RAW but it worked once and Naomi is not Lesnar. It gets pretty stale here where you give is Naomi vs Lana with sights of Carmella of all people as new Champion soon.

Didn't this just happen with a ladder at the last PPV? I don't mind multi man matches because it's just chaos so it's different. This however, I'm not so sure of. It's likely a way to keep Charlotte and Becky from being obvious number one contenders. Likely Natty or Tamima get a cheap win here. Surely though after this you go the Lynch vs Charlotte number one contenders match. Not the worst case scenario but we literally just had this pretty much so I could've gone with something else but we will see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back