• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wwe and skysports question

ianfromlondon

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok everyone i have a question to ask and i dont know if any of you will know the answer

skysports here in the uk show wwe raw live at 2am but is it really live? or is it delayed by a 5-10mins and the reason i am asking this is....

during wwe raw this week where bret said 'wwf' sky sports kind of cut the audio to this as he said it

this isnt the first time skysports has been censoring wwe tv when live this also goes back to before it went pg when people would say 'ass' and so on it used to never been beeped out but it started doing that live on sky sports yet not in the american version

so is it actually live? or are sky sports keeping if 5-10mins behind so they can keep a eye on it?

i know its only sky sports doing it because ive noticed it before and downloaded the american versions torrent when things have been censored on skysports and nothing is censored on american version

I am pretty sure that it is completely live. However, I do think that there is a slight delay, of around 20-45 usually in simulcasts from the US to the UK. It's a good thing really because it means that they are not liable and they can cue up their own advertisements too. You sometimes have a little snippet of American ads on Sky Sports and that is likely because they have not edited it properly. That being said, I am sure there is a slight delay.

There is a delay so I have heard. My mate told me when I went round his house a couple of years ago. However it is close enough and I don't care about 5 mins to be honest.

I think it is slightly delayed, it could be maybe 10s - 5 mins. Have you noticed it is on from 2am-415am, maybe thats to allow an overrun that may occur? That could be a reason for the delay too.

There is a short delay due to the transfer of the live feed from US TV to UK TV as i believe there is an alteration to the signal or something, but that aside, nearly all 'live' broadcasts in the UK have an added delay on them for editing purposes so that they can bleep out swearing or avoid things that may cause them legal issues. It used to be 6 minutes, im not sure if that's still the case now or if it's a bit shorter but still i'd say overall about 5-10 minutes is probably about right

I reckon there's a small delay. Not too long Just about a minute or 2 i reckon. Well with Bret Hart keep messing up who can blame them.

But that wouldn't just be on SkySports. It would be the same over in a America.There is no differents in air time

I think it is slightly delayed, it could be maybe 10s - 5 mins. Have you noticed it is on from 2am-415am, maybe thats to allow an overrun that may occur? That could be a reason for the delay too.

No, its because Raw itself outruns sometimes. That happens in the US, Sky simply have that down because there is nothing on afterwards.
Its stupid if you think there is a 5-10 mins delay when it starts at the same time! Please explain why you think there is a delay when it starts at the same time.
It has been known Sky are given an uncut version. So whatever is censored in the US, isn't in the UK unless Sky do it. This is what led to the Lita incident. So one assumes there is now a 5 second delay to prevent such an incident ever occuring again. However chances are there is a 5 second delay in the US too, then you just add the fact it is on Satellite so the image/sound is slightly delayed from real time. A good example (for those who still have analogue) is turn to BBC 1 now, watch the football, turn it over to BBC on Satellite and youll see what happened a couple seconds ago.

While at uni i used to watch raw on sky player (sky sports) and my house mate watch a usa stream from usa channel and they delay was always 1-2 minutes as when i used to go and discuss what happened during my break he already be on the break about 2 minutes before

Really I always thought we SkySports was always on par with America. Oh well You think you know something. then it comes and bites you up the ass

While at uni i used to watch raw on sky player (sky sports) and my house mate watch a usa stream from usa channel and they delay was always 1-2 minutes as when i used to go and discuss what happened during my break he already be on the break about 2 minutes before

Really I always thought we SkySports was always on par with America. Oh well You think you know something. then it comes and bites you up the ass

Really I always thought SkySports was on par with America. Oh well You think you know something. then it comes and bites you up the ass

Nothing is truly live anymore. Not in America either. Ever since the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction, everything is on some sort of delay. In the US, I think it's something like 8 seconds. I would imagine the delay is somehow more when broadcasting over to the UK.

First post, but just saying that I live in Canada and we get a delayed Monday Night RAW here on the Score network. It says it starts at 10:30, but we got to watch 15 minutes of "Countown to WWE RAW" before hand everytime, it's quite annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back