• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE 2K16 Universe Mode

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
I recently bought WWE 2K16 on the PC. Perhaps someone can help me with something which is perplexing me...what exactly is the point of Universe Mode? Is it to play fantasy booker? I know it's not for storylines, since I've had two workers in a feud for over a month and they haven't interacted with each other yet.

So what's the point?

PS: On a side note, I really wish we could import custom music. Would make the game so much more interesting.

You just go along and build rivalries and play them out I think. Not a touch on GM mode.
Am I supposed to play every match on a card? Is that how rivalries get built?

It just seems like it's the "game makes random matches and you can play them or not" mode. I don't see the point. Granted, I'm only a month or two in, but I haven't seen the appeal.

Am I supposed to play every match on a card? Is that how rivalries get built?

It just seems like it's the "game makes random matches and you can play them or not" mode. I don't see the point. Granted, I'm only a month or two in, but I haven't seen the appeal.

From what I remember you create the rivalries and play them out or you can watch the matches. You can customise the dialogue to cutscenes in the backstage, you can set out when people interfere in matches, there's loads more but I never really have it a full go.

Overall you construct the rivalries and stories and then play them out. Bit pointless tbh.

It's pretty much fantasy booker. Not to the extreme that was GM Mode back in...SD vs Raw 2008 I believe? But you set up your own show any day of the week, what wrestlers are on that show, what titles are, etc. Pretty much set up WWE television how you want it.

I couldn't answer about the rivalries as I always turn that off. Back when I played and they first came out with Universe mode, the rivals would always be really random and ruin what I was trying to build with certain guys so I got annoyed with it. I usually set up my shows and calendar and just simulate to the pay per views and play those out for the most part.

It's pretty much fantasy booker. Not to the extreme that was GM Mode back in...SD vs Raw 2008 I believe? But you set up your own show any day of the week, what wrestlers are on that show, what titles are, etc. Pretty much set up WWE television how you want it.

I couldn't answer about the rivalries as I always turn that off. Back when I played and they first came out with Universe mode, the rivals would always be really random and ruin what I was trying to build with certain guys so I got annoyed with it. I usually set up my shows and calendar and just simulate to the pay per views and play those out for the most part.
Gotcha. So a poor man's version of EWR, except you can actually play the matches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back