• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE: 2007 vs 2008

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
Very simple question wich year do you think WWE had a better product?

my pick is 2088 because of the awesome undertaker vs edge feud1

Wich year do you think was better for the WWE?Why?

2088? Bit of a typing error.... haha :lmao:

But I think it was 2008. You had Edge vs Undertaker. The start of CM Punk's rise to the top (albeit that did take another 3 years) and 'Mania was fairly decent. Orton as champ at the beginning did a solid job. Cena's suprise Rumble win was also decent.

At the end you had Edge come back and steal the WWE from Triple H who held it most of the year. You had Jeff Hardy accomplish his dream of being WWE Champion and Jericho become World Champion. So it was a pretty solid year as far as major champs go, and that's what gets 2008 the nod from me.

Very simple question wich year do you think WWE had a better product?

my pick is 2088 because of the awesome undertaker vs edge feud1

Wich year do you think was better for the WWE?Why?

2088?! You mean...no...Cyber-Taker vs Robo-Edge?
...My dreams were true. I am The Clairvoyant.
(I know someone beat me to the joke. I just had to say it, though. Lol)

Still, I'll agree with the OP. That Edge vs Taker feud was pretty great. I think the two of them always had great chemistry, i.e. their epic and understated Wrestlemania 24 match.

I agree 2008 was a better overall year. The feuds between Edge and Taker and Jericho and HBK were amazing feuds with spectacular matches. Jeff Hardy winning the title was cool and his feud with Triple H was good aswell. The Royal Rumble Match was spectacular and No Way Out and Wrestlemania that year were great as well. 2007 while having a great Wrestlemania was just too injury ridden to be considered. Edge,Cena,Taker,Triple H and Mysterio all missed significant time because of injury. Because of this we had Khali as our World Champion. Just not the best year.

2007 - On the WWE Title side, we had John Cena, Randy Orton, and Triple H holding the Spinner Belt, while on the World Title side, we had Batista, The Undertaker, Edge, and The Great Khali holding the Big Gold Belt.

2008 – On the WWE Title side, we had Randy Orton, Triple H, Edge, and Jeff Hardy holding the Spinner Belt, while on the World Title side, we had Edge, The Undertaker, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Batista, and John Cena holding the Big Gold Belt.

From the Main Event scene alone, I think 2008 takes this.

The problem with 2007 is it had a boat load on injury problems. The Undertaker, Triple H, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley, Mr. Kennedy, Booker T and John Cena, all at one time or another were injured. All of them were either in line for a championship run or were already big, championship material. That alone forced WWE to put the World Heavyweight Championship on Khali and at the same time, change a load of plans. It wasn't very helpful either when the Chris Benoit incident went down.

Compare that to 2008 where Chris Jericho and the Big Show were both coming back and looking better than before and not a whole load of talent was getting injured. Sure a few guys got injuries here and there but it was nothing compared to 2007. Also, storylines seemed to have been better looked at and rather than being worked into bizarre angles such as the Bastard Son deal or MVP vs. Matt Hardy (which, to be fair, I sort of liked), we ended up with stories about the wrestlers and a better focus on the in-ring product.

Well personally 2007 was special for me, my first full year returning to watching wwe full time, I got satellite in my homecountry, I live in the caribbean, so I got to see wwe live for the first time in my life, I watched raw on mondays at 9pm as if I lived in the US, so 2007 is special for me, also Edge as world champion that summer was huge for me.

BUt personal is one thing and business is another, no doubt 2008 overall was a better year, the Jericho-Hbk feud, Taker and Edge, wrestlemania 24 was incredible, with that outdoor style show I had never seen before, as the last one had been wrestlemania 9 when I was just 1 year old and didn't watch wrestling of course.

Yes 2008 better than 2007

2007 - On the WWE Title side, we had John Cena, Randy Orton, and Triple H holding the Spinner Belt, while on the World Title side, we had Batista, The Undertaker, Edge, and The Great Khali holding the Big Gold Belt.

2008 – On the WWE Title side, we had Randy Orton, Triple H, Edge, and Jeff Hardy holding the Spinner Belt, while on the World Title side, we had Edge, The Undertaker, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Batista, and John Cena holding the Big Gold Belt.

From the Main Event scene alone, I think 2008 takes this.

I forgot to mention the Black / Purple (depending on how you view it) Main Event scene.

2007 - On the ECW Title side, we had Bobby Lashley, Mr. McMahon, Johnny Nitro / John Morrison, and CM Punk holding the Bloody Barb Wire Belt.

2008 - On the ECW Title side, we had CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Kane, and Mark Henry holding the Bloody Barb Wire / Platinum Belt.

The 3rd Brand alone shows 2008 being better than 2007.

The better year was 2008 and it isn't even close. It began with the surprise shocking return of Cena at the Royal Rumble, which was followed by the memorable Wrestlemania 24. The summer saw the two world titles temporarily trade brands, the World Championship went to Raw following Punk giving Edge a taste of his own medicine, while Triple H took the WWE Championship to Smackdown after Night of Champions (which also had a great show that year). Raw also saw the Michaels/Jericho feud which was nothing short of EPIC. Smackdown has Edge/Taker which was also awesome. The whole year was filled with great moments. 2007, on the other hand.... It had a better Wrestlemania (23 is under-rated), but 2008 was honestly better in just about everything else. 2008 is in my opinion one of the better years for WWE in the past decade.

2007 was a horrible year for me. The feud were boring, the main event scene was crippled with injury. Having The Great Khali win the title is a big enough reason to directly give it 2008. Also, 2007 was really when the PG ERA kicked in, and boy, did they take it WAY too far. Comedy skits all the time, little amount of wrestling and Benoit's death really shook up the WWE and made them very strict towards any sort of borderline non-PG stuff. 2007 did produce a good Wrestlemania, like someone before me already mentioned.
2008 wasn't by any means special, although, SD's maint event scene kicked RAW's out of the water. It provided us with some great moments, like Jeff winning the title, Vladimir Kozlov kicking some major ass, Jericho's rise, etc... So, by process of elimination more than anything, it goes to 2008.

i'll play devils advocate and say i enjoyed 2007 more. I see what everyone else is saying but 2007 is when i really got involved in wrestling. So i guess i'm a little partial. i did enjoy the Cena-Michaels build up and the unpredictability of 2007. Cena had been champion for a while and every ppv you was just wondering "is he gonna lose it tonight" heck if he wasnt injured, who knows how long he would have reigned. Of course now the WWE title changes hand like daylight and dark. Plus we did see the return of Jericho in 2007, also Batista-Undertaker, Edge-Batista, Undertaker-edge (partially). Also i enjoyed VKM's very different fued with Donald Trump, it sounds weird but was a bit intresting. Plus VKM's involvent with Lashley. So enjoyed both 2008 and 2007, but my personal favorite was 2007.

2088? Bit of a typing error.... haha :lmao:

But I think it was 2008. You had Edge vs Undertaker. The start of CM Punk's rise to the top (albeit that did take another 3 years) and 'Mania was fairly decent. Orton as champ at the beginning did a solid job. Cena's suprise Rumble win was also decent.

At the end you had Edge come back and steal the WWE from Triple H who held it most of the year. You had Jeff Hardy accomplish his dream of being WWE Champion and Jericho become World Champion. So it was a pretty solid year as far as major champs go, and that's what gets 2008 the nod from me.

Stupid typing classes. That bald guy needed to adapt to teaching someone with EXTREMELY LOW coordination skills like me.

EDIT: Before rayne shows up again and tells me to post something meaningful I choose 2008 as well (I was at wrestlemania 24)
I missed met of the summer due to a trip but I hbk vs Batista was one of my favorite feuds of 2008. Cm punk as world champion and the titles switched brands. All 2007 had to offer was a great first few months and a shitty year after wrestlemania 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back