• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE: 1994 vs 2001

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
OK so I have another one of these year vs year thread ( I got tired of saying comparrison:lmao:)

We Have 1994 vs 2001. Basically both have what are often considered the 2 best Wrestlemania's ever ( and this is not my opinion I think wrestlemania 1o is very overrated) It's the post attitude era vs The New generation era. I will pick 2001 here as I have seen quite a few events from 1994 but still prefer the variety 2001 gave us. I for one liked the invasion angle and though I wanted bigger WCW stars in it was still good. In 1994 we did not have many memorable moments or matches after August.

In which year did WWE have a better product? Why?

Well, in hindsight WWE was far better in 2001 than 1994, but I was only 7 in 94 and I enjoyed wrestling a whole lot more then so I vote 1994. :p

But seriously, WWE had 1 hr of prime time wrestling a week and 5 PPVs in 94 vs 4 hrs a week and 12 PPVs in 2001. Different worlds. Impossible to put head to head against each other.

Id have to say probably 2001, but i have to say anything wwf/wwe related after 2002 up until present day has but awful. I went from a hardcore fan never missed a raw or smack down or a ppv always went to live events, to if i see a full raw once a month it must be good. Forget about smack down.

As being someone who was entertained more in 2001 than I was going back to watching 1994's stuff, then obviously I choose 2001. However; looking back in hindsight, better decision making ensued in 1994. Better booking. More elevation. I am sure for everyone who was old enough to grasp the inner-going's of the wrestling business had more excitement going into 1995 than people like myself had going into 2002.

And when you look at renowned star-power and nostalgia, who is more talked about as a whole roster? 2001 had Jericho, Austin, Rock, Angle, RVD, Kane, Undertaker (not counting some others as they were either not established yet or were not even there for the entire year or most of the year)

1994 however had HBK, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Undertaker, Yoko, Diesel, Scott Hall, the ladder match, The Kid, and a few others that people still talk about to this day, and were VERY relevant at the time. 1994 wins.

As the big tie breaker, I still say 2001 wins as it made more money, and was more mainstream.

Name wun weak ppv in 2001...go ahead i'll wait :shrug: lol

but yea i dont know much about 1994 other than wrestlemania 10, but i really cant imagine it being a better all-around year than 2001. 2001 was wun of the greatest years in wrestling. Alot of people arent too thrilled on the whole Invasion angle but for what it was at the time it was extremely entertaining. Much better than i thought it could have been without the big WCW names.

I'll go with 2001 between these two years. The PPVs in '01 were off the charts. We had the best WrestleMania ever, arguably the best Royal Rumble ever, a very solid SummerSlam and good Survivor Series as well. The b-level PPVs were also excellent. No Way Out in February was awesome, and the Invasion PPV was very intriguing.

RAW and SmackDown were also great every week, even if the Invasion storyline was confusing.

I love 1994 for giving us Bret Hart, HBK, Owen Hart, Undertaker, Diesel, and many others. It just wasn't nearly as good as 2001.

Following my formula...

1994 – On the WWF World Title scene, we had Yokozuna, Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Bob Backlund and Diesel holding Winged Eagle Belt.

2001 – On the WWE Title scene, we had Kurt Angle, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Chris Jericho holding the Attitude Era Belt.

I’m going to go with 2001. Not only were the WWE Champions from 01 my Top 4 favorites of all time, but the Invasion Angle (at least the idea behind it) was my favorite angle ever (the execution of the angle could have used more thought).

Anyone who says 1994 is a fucking dumbass

2001 was arguably the greatest year in WWE history if not then 2000, 1999 or 1998.

The Attitude Era is miles above anything done in 1994 with great wrestling and entertainment taken to extremes which is good for business and showed, it just cant be matched to those ancient times

they were good, but 2001 will beat out anything before the Attitude Era and a lot post-Attitude

Just look at the actual happenings there, the IMPACT alone of Vince buying WCW and having Shane on Nitro in a dualcast between Raw and Nitro was enough to say it was better in itself

add in the fact that THE GREATEST WRESTLEMANIA OF ALL TIME occured in this year and that alone should be enough and is enough

add in that WWE got the biggest roster it ever had even though some big stars came in later from both WCW and ECW we eventually got em, but atleast we had what we had and a bigger main event picture too

If anyone had to actually think about THIS comparison... get help now

The InVasion Storyline was epic, WM 17 epic, Vince buying WCW epic those are good enough reasons on their own and I dont need more than one of these against the entire year of 1994 as proof that WWE having a better product in 2001

Is this a joke? I'm the first guy to tell you how overrated the attitude era was, but fucking 1994?

If you ever go back and try to watch "seasons" from like, pre 1996 it's really hard to do. Vince wasn't sure how to book a weekly TV show. A ton of squashes and not really a lot else going on. Real boring.

2001 was all over the place but was historic and a ton of fun. In my opinion, the best overall Mania ever, one of the most anticipated stories ever with the invasion, Kurt Angle REALLY becoming a monster in late 2001.

It's not even close, it's like asking "would you rather get a massage and sit in a hot tub or have people throw shit at you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back