Wrestlings effect on people, and wether it is good or bad.

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Today professional wrestling is relatively mainstream, and most people in society know of it and have their personal opinions of it. Some people enjoy it for entertainment (like posters on this forum), and enjoy it for it's form of storytelling and athleticism. They view it as a fun hobby and it has a good, positive effect on them. Other people think it portrays a bad image, especially to kids, and causes many bad things. They cite examples of violence, injuries from acting out wrestling, and other negative things, like the Benoit Murder-Suicide, as examples. Some people view it is as just boring and childish, call it "fake" and "stupid", and view it as something that could be done without.

I think that It is good. Like I mentioned above, it is a good form of storytelling, athleticism, pure entertainment, and, dare I say, art. I think the people that say it portrays a bad images just pick out the most negative things about it and put it into public and media, not even mentioning the positive things about it. And the people who call it fake and stupid, well, I know professional wrestlers (not big-names, just locals) and while it may be predetermined, and some stuff may not be real, it certainly is not "fake" by any means, because I've seen alot of stiff work, and I've seen many botched spots and injuries.

So I think it has a good effect, what about everyone else.

I think that people looking at it in a negative way because of it being a bad influence to kids, needs to actually sit with their kids and explain how this works, it pretty much has a bad effect as video games, I mean you need to tell the kid it is just a game, because the console itself. I know not everyone can get to hire a nanny or want to do so, but anyway if you are going to allow someone to see something at least take time to explain what is going on instead of blaming any wrong doing on TV.

The Benoit case is a perfect example of this, true he was not the only one who died before 45, but he is also an isolated case since from the crime he commited and you can't blame wrestling since it was not common at all, that is the easy way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back