• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestling vs MMA Flex's 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexBuffchest

Dark Match Jobber
Time again for another Flex's 5. I know I said in the other thread that I'm here to talk wrestling, oh well...

This time I'd like to give Flex's 5 reasons why MMA will overpass wrestling. Keep in mind I'm a fan of both, and want both to be successful.

#5 MMA is real. Granted, wrestling is tough on the body, having had some training in wrestling and MMA, I can say that both are demanding. Nothing sucks like being knocked out for real by someone though. If it had been an accidental spill, it would be easy to forgive and forget. The MMA training however, allows you to forgive, but never forget. Every other fighter I have ever come across(not that I'm in anyone's league) has always wanted that blemidh on their record erased forever. That being said, in Pro-wrestling, it doesn't work that way. By the way, I'm and English teacher, and encourage run-on sentences, and commas.

#4 MMA is cheaper to learn(possibly geographically. Originally, I'm from a town of 900 in a Canadian province with a capital of one million). I've paid to train and it's expensive.

#3 MMA is new to the young audience(18-24 most likely). How about the use of brackets as well? MMA is huge now where I come from and many of my friends have decided to give it a go. I haven't spoken to any of my old friends who can honestly say"I watch wrestling religiously!" anymore. It's not their or wrestling's fault. It's just growing up and having responsibilities. MMA seems to be easier to catch on T.V. these days.

#2 The mic skills on some of the UFC and Pride(I realise they are one now) are pretty good, and I don't mind watching Tito Ortiz calling out Ken Shamrock. BJ Penn calling out Jens Pulver, good viewing.

#1 UFC and Zuffa seem to be really organised in their approach to the sport of MMA. However, the big wrestling shows on T.V. these days seem to be lacking the same focus as UFC and other promotions. Doesn't hurt that Dana White and others in MMA come out with new ideas rather than repeating past events(name any wrestling match this year that was more groundbreaking than the UFC cards).

Just my opinion, let me know what you think. Agaiiin, apologies, for, all, the, commas(and barckets)An Inglish Teecher Shud Know Beeter!

Next time, I will do Flex's 5 on Why Wrestling is better than MMA. Any contributions are appreciated and I'd love to hear feedback on mine.
Flex out.

Top 5 Reasons Why Wrestling Will Outlast MMA.

#5. Wrestling is fake. Wrestling is a production where men are marketed accordingly, thus why it is called sprts entertainment. Unless something drastically goes wrong, your first match in wrestling won't be your last. The chances are much higher in MMA that a keylock, a triangle, or any kind of pressure submission could tweak, break, pinch, or severely damage something that might not heal or could be the end of your career. I've seen it firsthand.

#4 MMA is cheaper for a reason- The purpose of MMA is to go in and hurt someone until they can't continue to fight, either through lose of faculties or they give up. Wrestling is an art, a form of entertainment. And therefore it takes more intense and expensive training to do so. Even when guys come into wrestling off the street, some prep is needed before they even step into a ring. What is it that Tank Abbot said when he lost one of his last UFC fights? He said that when when the called him to ask if he wanted to do the fight, he was pretty much sitting on a bar stool, slamming back beers. He stated thathe rolled off of the stool, hopped on a flight, and then stepped into the cage. Now I'm sure that you can say that this is overstated, but I used to do MMA and the truth is that many guys who do it are undertrained or not trained at all. And promotoer really don't give a crap, as long as their pockets are lined with the money they make. (Oh, BTW, never fight for Monty Cox, a promoter in the Iowa, South Dakota, Minnesota area.)

#3 MMA is not new to it's target audience
. The current format of MMA is, as is the current format of professional wrestling. Brackets did not work back in the earlier days of UFC where it was survival of the fittest as too many of the big named marketable fighters got hurt winning, leading to fresh and unknown alternates coming in to win the whole tournament. Yuck. I still remember the Steve Jennum won UFC three after stepping in for Royce Gracie, who got injured while beating Kimo. For a couple of years, me and my old roommate/teammate were convinced that Glacier from WCW was really Steve Jennum. But we were wrong. lol

#2 If two guys have legitimate beef in wrestling, promotoers are wise enough to keep them from working with one another. Dana White seems to think that it's a good thing to push two guys who genuinely hate each other towards one another. When I used to fight MMA, we stepped into the ring and gave 110% until there was a winner and left nothing back. After the fights, all the guys would drink together. It IS possible to have good fights without having to just put guys who hate each other square off. Mark Wicken beat the crap out of me once, choked me once, and I kick him in the face one and tried to break his leg once. All of this happend in two great fights. Afterwards, we had no problem hodling up the winner's hand and showing the mutual respect that we still have for each other to this very day. Shamrock and Ortiz don't respect each other, which makes for more hype than fight alot of the times they face each other.

#1 UFC is organized as far as the events go. But I'm not liking the way they they push the Ultimate Fighter guys so much in their events. I know it's like having homegrown talent and fresh new faces, but they often come in with whatever chip the coach had during the UF season and never fully have the seasoning that the more marketable guys have. Plus with congress cracking down on steriods in sports, and looking towards wrestling, it's only a matter of time before the light shines on MMA next. And while the more atheletic guys usually are spotlighted by the UFC, there are still alot of roid freaks who do this in Pride and other promotions that it will make UFC come under question, especially when they start looking at old UFC tapes. Lord knows that Congress never looks at anything current. And whileI never used roids myself, I had two teammates who juiced for a while and another teammate who should have been on meds. And we were some of the more tame guys that we came across.

Great 5 Spawn. No need for me to do the other 5. I completely agree with you, especially #3. Also you're right, Glacier bears a strong resemblence to Jennum Lol!

#1 UFC is organized as far as the events go. But I'm not liking the way they they push the Ultimate Fighter guys so much in their events. I know it's like having homegrown talent and fresh new faces, but they often come in with whatever chip the coach had during the UF season and never fully have the seasoning that the more marketable guys have. Plus with congress cracking down on steriods in sports, and looking towards wrestling, it's only a matter of time before the light shines on MMA next. And while the more atheletic guys usually are spotlighted by the UFC, there are still alot of roid freaks who do this in Pride and other promotions that it will make UFC come under question, especially when they start looking at old UFC tapes. Lord knows that Congress never looks at anything current. And whileI never used roids myself, I had two teammates who juiced for a while and another teammate who should have been on meds. And we were some of the more tame guys that we came across.[/QUOTE]

How can you not like the way everything is done with Ultimate Fighter, these guys are not "new" guys in the world of MMA, some of these guys have had 20+ MMA fights before even having a fight in the Ultimate Fighter show. And many of the Ultimate Fighters have proven to be great in big UFC events, like Forrest Griffin, he can be anyone in UFC, same goes for Rashard Evans.

And there is no way UFC has guys on roids, UFC fighters are checked leading into a fight and after a fight plus with other random testing. The thing that makes UFC so great on it is everything is done through the ath. commission of the state the events are in. Look at Stephan Bonnar, he's from the Ultimate Fighter, with a 3 year 6 figure contract and after one of his UFC fights he got cough with some illegal shit after taking a test just after a fight. He was suspended for 9 months. For his 1st offense.

-----------

Now my 5 reasons why UFC will pass wrestling

#5 Wrestling is fake - If wrestling tried to put over more how fake they are rather then try to sell something likes its real then I think they would be better off.

#4 UFC gets good press - Good press? Yes. Do you ever se WWE on ESPN promoting a huge PPV match? Hell no! UFC fighters are on all the time promoting fights, giving interviews, and highlights are shown. And none are shown because someone died, or someone got caught on roids, or because something bad happened. Only time WWE is on its something really bad.

#3 Celeb fan base
- Yeah who cares some celebs like UFC, well more like alot of celebs like UFC, and even former WWE Champions like the Rock like UFC, so much to show up in the front row to se one of there biggest shows ever. Did the Rock ever show up at Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 20? And again once you get celebs showing up at UFC shows its called more good press.

#2 PPV - UFC is out doing the WWE in PPV $$$. And UFC doesn't even have major shows (RR WM SSLAM SSERIES) and they sure the hell don't have a Wrestlemania show, its just 12 PPVs all called UFC #.

#1 Hardcore - Yeah UFC can get real hardcore, more so then WWE could ever wish. Whats one thing you could say about wrestling is they can get as hardcore as they want. Well there is nothing more hardcore then a guys face all busted up and blood everywhere, and its more blood then even WWE or TNA would show. But that aint it. UFC's boss Dana White isn't scared to get hardcore in someones face and say what he thinks, White isn't scared to say "get the fuck outta here you fucking pussy, this is the fucking UFC". And Vince is suppose to be the hard ass tough boss? Cause hey whats UFC all about besides its hardcore knockdown drag out bar room brawl style fights. It's why Griffin vs Bonnar was fight of the year, because thats what it was a bar room brawl style blood bath.

One more thing to note. Is WWE might have 3-5 million watching Raw each week, but only 250-500m of those might get a PPV unless its Wrestlemania. Ufc gets 1-2m for tv shows, and 700m plus for PPV buys. Plus take a Ulitimate Fighter tv show and think of how many people out there at the age of 16-24 are training to get on that show because they know if they get on the show then they got a real shot of making it.

I've been a wrestling fan since 1988 ( 6 years old) and I've been a UFC fan since 1994 (it started in fall 1993). And I'm happy to say UFC is #1 to me, TNA #2 and WWE #3. And I'm even starting to like other MMA leagues since THERE IN HD!! Yeah HDNET has MMA every week, and hugh free shows, not only that but you can get UFC PPV's in HD too! WWE has fell behind there thats for sure.

#1 UFC is organized as far as the events go. But I'm not liking the way they they push the Ultimate Fighter guys so much in their events. I know it's like having homegrown talent and fresh new faces, but they often come in with whatever chip the coach had during the UF season and never fully have the seasoning that the more marketable guys have. Plus with congress cracking down on steriods in sports, and looking towards wrestling, it's only a matter of time before the light shines on MMA next. And while the more atheletic guys usually are spotlighted by the UFC, there are still alot of roid freaks who do this in Pride and other promotions that it will make UFC come under question, especially when they start looking at old UFC tapes. Lord knows that Congress never looks at anything current. And whileI never used roids myself, I had two teammates who juiced for a while and another teammate who should have been on meds. And we were some of the more tame guys that we came across.

How can you not like the way everything is done with Ultimate Fighter, these guys are not "new" guys in the world of MMA, some of these guys have had 20+ MMA fights before even having a fight in the Ultimate Fighter show. And many of the Ultimate Fighters have proven to be great in big UFC events, like Forrest Griffin, he can be anyone in UFC, same goes for Rashard Evans.

And there is no way UFC has guys on roids, UFC fighters are checked leading into a fight and after a fight plus with other random testing. The thing that makes UFC so great on it is everything is done through the ath. commission of the state the events are in. Look at Stephan Bonnar, he's from the Ultimate Fighter, with a 3 year 6 figure contract and after one of his UFC fights he got cough with some illegal shit after taking a test just after a fight. He was suspended for 9 months. For his 1st offense.

-----------

Now my 5 reasons why UFC will pass wrestling

#5 Wrestling is fake - If wrestling tried to put over more how fake they are rather then try to sell something likes its real then I think they would be better off.

#4 UFC gets good press - Good press? Yes. Do you ever se WWE on ESPN promoting a huge PPV match? Hell no! UFC fighters are on all the time promoting fights, giving interviews, and highlights are shown. And none are shown because someone died, or someone got caught on roids, or because something bad happened. Only time WWE is on its something really bad.

#3 Celeb fan base
- Yeah who cares some celebs like UFC, well more like alot of celebs like UFC, and even former WWE Champions like the Rock like UFC, so much to show up in the front row to se one of there biggest shows ever. Did the Rock ever show up at Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 20? And again once you get celebs showing up at UFC shows its called more good press.

#2 PPV - UFC is out doing the WWE in PPV $$$. And UFC doesn't even have major shows (RR WM SSLAM SSERIES) and they sure the hell don't have a Wrestlemania show, its just 12 PPVs all called UFC #.

#1 Hardcore - Yeah UFC can get real hardcore, more so then WWE could ever wish. Whats one thing you could say about wrestling is they can get as hardcore as they want. Well there is nothing more hardcore then a guys face all busted up and blood everywhere, and its more blood then even WWE or TNA would show. But that aint it. UFC's boss Dana White isn't scared to get hardcore in someones face and say what he thinks, White isn't scared to say "get the fuck outta here you fucking pussy, this is the fucking UFC". And Vince is suppose to be the hard ass tough boss? Cause hey whats UFC all about besides its hardcore knockdown drag out bar room brawl style fights. It's why Griffin vs Bonnar was fight of the year, because thats what it was a bar room brawl style blood bath.

One more thing to note. Is WWE might have 3-5 million watching Raw each week, but only 250-500m of those might get a PPV unless its Wrestlemania. Ufc gets 1-2m for tv shows, and 700m plus for PPV buys. Plus take a Ulitimate Fighter tv show and think of how many people out there at the age of 16-24 are training to get on that show because they know if they get on the show then they got a real shot of making it.

I've been a wrestling fan since 1988 ( 6 years old) and I've been a UFC fan since 1994 (it started in fall 1993). And I'm happy to say UFC is #1 to me, TNA #2 and WWE #3. And I'm even starting to like other MMA leagues since THERE IN HD!! Yeah HDNET has MMA every week, and hugh free shows, not only that but you can get UFC PPV's in HD too! WWE has fell behind there thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

Man, are you sure you could have hit the nail on the head anymore? Great points and just to throw in a little more, try asking the talent in these shows who is heppier with their current schedule and pay. Sure, maybe I'm only including UFC and maybe a couple others. Wrestlers have to take bumps and workout, autograph sessions, photo shoots, soundbites, T.V. appearances, endorsements, among learning how to be good actors. MMA guys(the lucky ones with UFC WEC etc.) have two real jobs upon becoming full-time fighters for a promotion. Train hard, and fight an exciting match. I've been a fan, just a little longer than you as I'm a little older, but your summary #1 MMA #2 TNA #3 WWE pretty much says it for me as well. Although #2 and #3 have changed recently.

Thanks for the input Bioshock!

Sorry, one more thing. With a dick like Dana White running things(watch TUF, he's a dick), things are progressing at a rate that Vince, Steph and the gang are going to find extremely hard to keep up with in the future.

Flex out.

And there is no way UFC has guys on roids, QUOTE]

Errm you wrong there sunshine, ive seen it i competed, the schedule for mma is just as tough as the wwe, broken bones, torn muscles, tweaked nerves, i competed in mma before and competed against a guy who was on ketamin, i was then told by my traininer to take gear, i left as soon as i heard this, still been a fan but wont compete anymore in mma, wrestling at least is safer in regards to drug use

No way in hell I would call wrestling safer because of drug use. 95% of wrestling guys are bigger then fighters (but if you say so, thats what you think). And wrestling in general runs there own roid testing programs, and as we've seen this past year that is very flawed. Far as I know in UFC & other fight leagues they don't run there own roid testing but its run by the states and so on. Can't think of what there called but I know theres no way it comes from someone within UFC or other leagues. Meaning that way they could find someone with roids and just keep tight lip to save face ala WWE.

thats what all organisations do, you cant define one from the other even the boxing comission is flawed and where did you get the 95% figrue from?

95% Figure came from watching wrestling for 18+ years and from watching MMA for 14+ years. Based on who I think is on roids and who isn't. And based on which I think is more flawed: wrestling drug testing or MMA drug testing. From what I've seen I think wrestling is the worse of the 2, and is far more flawed.

But thats just what I think. If you think different then so be it.

why wrestling is better and will be around longer than mma

1. wrestling has storyline- no matter how much mma tries people just dont care about who fights who, they just want a good fight. they even came out with the ufc reality show so maybe people could get to know the fighters and actually give a shit about why they are fighting and possibly create some real beef by keeping them all in the same house. didnt work.

2. MMA is Boring: thats right, i went there. its BORING. too many rules now a days, not enough size. way too much laying on the ground and all the rules that were forced upon it by sponsors and tv etc have changed the game so much that it has taken too much away from the viciousness we saw in the early 90's. sure the guys got hurt alot worse but thats what mma was. now its like mma lite.

3. horrible promoting: every mma ppv theres at least 4-5 guys ive never heard of or if i have heard of him, he has only fought like 2-3 times in 2 years and the only time they mention these guys names is when they are fighting in an upcoming show so if they miss 1 or 2 ppv's they have been forgotten by the fans.

4. Longevity: these guys almost never make it to 20 total fights and that stat takes years to get to. meanwhile a wrestler can compile a huge w/l record in just a year. sure the effects on the body difer between the sports but thats where the promoting comes in like i said above. if your guys cant possibly last years and years and fight regularly then you need some great promoting to keep the names of your stars in the minds of the people.

5. Brand Name: hmmm what to watch today? pride? ufc? k-1? ifl? ive seen chuck lidell and rampage jackson in multiple leagues which doesnt make much sense to me. it would be like seeing jeff jarrett turn aj styles into a huge star and let him wrestle now and then in wwe. im speaking mostly of the ufc here because in my opinion ufc is 2nd rate to pride, for example and letting your star fight how people actually want to see them fight but just not in your league makes no sense. and if it dont make dollars it dont make sense. why let pride make money off your star that you promoted heavily in the US? what if he gets hurt in pride and is done for good? mma needs to unify alot more in my opinion.

now dont get me wrong i can enjoy mma fights but i appreciated it much more back in the early UFC shows. i remember a Shootfighting ppv where some guy got a full nelson suplex three freakin times, we thot the other guy was done forever lol. i can remember gracie using the gui to choke people and it was legal. kicks to the face? all good. open palm strikes? let them have it.

now its so watered down and their top guys are skinny runts like forrest griffin, who had a great fight once. and can anyone actually say that forrest in his prime would do well against ken shamrock if both were in their primes? griffin won a tv show. the old school guys live fighting.

MMA and UFC is real and not fake and pussy fighting like Wrestling even Bret Hart said that he cringed when he saw these fighters duking it out he gone also to say if wrestling was real "e would not survive"but in wrestling there are injuries and UFC has destroyed both WWE and TNA alike when it comes to ratings! Noone wants storylines anymore and many want wrestling to return to its roots as it used to be violent,bloody and gore to the extreme
Real vs Fake fans wants realistic fights and not fake fighting!

#2) in UFC and MMA they don't ban specific moves or holds you can do almost what you want in Wrestling certain moves are banned by Vince which is ridiculous!

#3 do a little survey and you ll see that MMA /UFC and PRIDE have a huge buyrate and outnumber our silly pussyfighting sport we call Wrestling why cause most of these fans were once wrestling fans like us !!!

#4 In Wrestling we have our Circus Ringleaders that bore us each month Vince McMoron,Linda,****ty Stefanie and Sissy Shane McMoron wow
if it isn't the family that looks like Married with Children revived again
Come on he hogs the show more to himself than Eric Bischoff ever did in WCW/nWo back then its always evolving around him always! Do we see this in UFC or MMA the owner coming out and hogging the spotlight to himself/herself no! Hell I don't recall Dixie Carter or Jeff Jarrett hogging so much TV exposure either!!! UFC ,Pride and MMA win on that one also lol
#5)Wrestling Stars don't get the push they need do they? Whether WWE or TNA which they should in UFC,PRIDE and MMA all Stars get pushes and spotlights and those that lose either train harder to regain back to their ranks
or disappear!!
so I go with UFC,PRIde and MMA on that one also

oh and I forgot the big # 6 None of the UFC,MMA or PRIDE fighters consume steroids or get it from a distributor or have their boss like McMoron gets it for his wrestlers so they have been more deaths in the pussyfight we call Wrestling due to injuries they get and punishment they put and go through their body unlike MMA,UFC and PRIDE these guys don't use steroids and they have not been in any deaths reported so far in fighting championship fights! So UFC PRIDE and MMA win on that one as well!

MMA and UFC is real and not fake and pussy fighting like Wrestling even Bret Hart said that he cringed when he saw these fighters duking it out he gone also to say if wrestling was real "e would not survive"but in wrestling there are injuries and UFC has destroyed both WWE and TNA alike when it comes to ratings! Noone wants storylines anymore and many want wrestling to return to its roots as it used to be violent,bloody and gore to the extreme
Real vs Fake fans wants realistic fights and not fake fighting!

#2) in UFC and MMA they don't ban specific moves or holds you can do almost what you want in Wrestling certain moves are banned by Vince which is ridiculous!

#3 do a little survey and you ll see that MMA /UFC and PRIDE have a huge buyrate and outnumber our silly pussyfighting sport we call Wrestling why cause most of these fans were once wrestling fans like us !!!

#4 In Wrestling we have our Circus Ringleaders that bore us each month Vince McMoron,Linda,****ty Stefanie and Sissy Shane McMoron wow
if it isn't the family that looks like Married with Children revived again
Come on he hogs the show more to himself than Eric Bischoff ever did in WCW/nWo back then its always evolving around him always! Do we see this in UFC or MMA the owner coming out and hogging the spotlight to himself/herself no! Hell I don't recall Dixie Carter or Jeff Jarrett hogging so much TV exposure either!!! UFC ,Pride and MMA win on that one also lol
#5)Wrestling Stars don't get the push they need do they? Whether WWE or TNA which they should in UFC,PRIDE and MMA all Stars get pushes and spotlights and those that lose either train harder to regain back to their ranks
or disappear!!
so I go with UFC,PRIde and MMA on that one also

I'm not gonna bother with this post for the most part, because firstly, I don't know much about MMA, and secondly, this is a ridiculous rant that has no meaning but to argue with people and make herself look like a douche.
But I will say this. Before Jarrett left TV to take care of family affairs, he was all OVER the product. There was a reason he was called Triple J. For Christ's sake, he headed up Creative while holding the World Title.

oh and I forgot the big # 6 None of the UFC,MMA or PRIDE fighters consume steroids or get it from a distributor or have their boss like McMoron gets it for his wrestlers so they have been more deaths in the pussyfight we call Wrestling due to injuries they get and punishment they put and go through their body unlike MMA,UFC and PRIDE these guys don't use steroids and they have not been in any deaths reported so far in fighting championship fights! So UFC PRIDE and MMA win on that one as well!

Actually the fighters DO get busted for using steroids. I remember reading several reports here on the website that a few fighters have been busted for using steroids and/or hormones. TNASUX has once again made herself look like a complete idiot. Like I said before, I don't know much about MMA or UFC or anything, but those of you who do watch it regularly, feel free to leave the names of fighters who have been busted for taking illegal substances, so TNASUX can feel worse and worse about herself.
Oh, and uh,Merry Christmahanukwanzaka everybody.

If you need a name, here's one or two. Sean Sherk(UFC Lightweight champ) major roid monkey. Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman. Good documentary about Kerr's battles with substances.

I recognize Sherk and Kerr, not familiar with Coleman I think. Three names, three Ass Points for TNASUX. She is now a level 3 ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back