Wrestling Themes you would actually listen to.

Gavel

Dark Match Winner
Sorry if you think this should be in the music forum, feel free to move it if it should Mods. But, what themes would you listen to outside of hearing them on TV? While I wouldn't be sittin there jamming out to all of em, there are some that I actually enjoy.

The Miz - As odd as it seems, ever since he has changed his theme, I really like it and I could see myself putting it on my iPod.

The Nexus- We are one is actually a really good song imo, good lyrics, and it has a sound I enjoy.

NXT Season 1 - while it is no longer in use, I liked Wild n' Young by American Bang. Hell, it even has a music video that gets played on MTV and VH1 now.

Randy Orton - Ever since I heard it the first time I have really liked Randy's new theme. Hell, I even enjoyed Burn in my light. He has just had really good themes, imo.

Christian - I am a little bias on this 1 b/c I enjoy Story of the Year.

I tend to listen to them some times. I listen to Sheamus' mostly just because it sounds really cool, of course the version with the short intro. Its a really catchy song fits him well. I still listen to the Rock Hollywood theme because it was super beast =] Other then that its pretty much that i have almost all the themes on my computer right now. Ill drive and jam to WWE themes all day. I used to drive listening to Kanes music kinda odd but i liked it. Big fan of the old show themes. I liked "move to the music" and "come on... my time" that old smackdown rap one.

Personally I like the Miz's new theme just like you. Really quite odd but it's a good song. :p

Another one I like is randy's as it just overall is a good song and enjoyable to listen to.

And last is drew mcintyre's (Sorry if I mispelled) I find this a really great song suits his personality and I love the lyrics etc.

well since HHH's "the king of kings' is my ringtone, i'll go with that one for sure. and also Edge's song i have had playing in my car for quite a while, but im also a fan of metalingus too. (SOOO spelt wrong. too tired to google it) Voices for sure, also a fan of Rev Theory too though. benoit's old OLP theme was good. really getting to like the Miz theme, also Mr.Kennedy's theme was really good. the one by Airborne. any of takers songs when in his "American badass" gimmick were fuckin sweet. 'Bizkit, Kid rock, and the two WWE originals. yeah, i'll stop there, but i have a lot of the theme songs on my comp, and a lot of them play in my car quite a bit. can tell who the WWE fans are in the city when driving by and a theme comes on, the head turns and they give the head nod haha

There are very few wrestling themes that I actually listen to like 'regular' music. There's something about wrestling themes that just turns me off of them, the only think I can think of is cause I've heard them so many times already. Still, there have been a few that I can really dig.

Big Daddy V's "Calling All Cars" theme -Although the lyrics aren't the best, it's really the raw and hard hitting beat that makes me love this song. This one is at the top in terms of how many times I've listen to it, still playin' it.

Sheamus' "Too Many Lies" theme - I can really dig this song with or without the into, though I prefer the latter. I don't really know how to explain it, but I just dig the whole "Ooooohhhhhooooohhh these words are true!" thing.

Drew McIntyre's "Broken Dreams" theme - It's a bitch to find a decent version of this song, but damn if it don't sound good. Once I finally found a decent (though still incomplete) version, I had to play it several times over.

Rikishi's "Bad Man" theme - This one is my most recent 'discovery'. I heard the Uso's coming out to it in FCW and had to look it up soon after. Come to find out it was an old theme of Rikishi's that I had forgot, and have been stuck to it ever since.

And that's pretty much where it ends, not very many, but then again not that many that I really like to listen to outside of the shows.

OOOOOOO RADIO,TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW! My absolute favorite right now is Zack Ryder,it's my ringtone,what can I say?
Besides that being my favorite,I own every WWE the Music album since Forceable Entry so basically,I love it all.

I have quite a long list, I'd say I have roughly 50 superstar themes (past and present) in my iTunes library. The ones I enjoy most though are:

Voices: I love the guitar during the whole "I hear voices crying" part

Written in my Face: Just love the "Too many lies, Too many lies"

Just Close Your Eyes (Male version): I love Story of the Year

It's A New Day: I love Adelitas Way

And my favourite: I Came to Play: The un-edited version is good, But the edited version for The Miz is just great!

Most wrestling themes are good to listen to, I prefer wrestling themes to most of that main-stream crap we hear now-days.

I like the old school intro themes...

Ultimate Warrior probably has the best song bar none.

Hulk Hogan's Real American theme is cheesy but awesome.

Shawn Michaels has a really good one.

Ric Flair's theme from Space Odyssey 2001 is great.

I don't know what it was called but HHH song that started with an electronically distorted scream was good too. It was from after DX but before The Game. The DX song rocked too.

Chris Jericho's Break the Wall Down is a personal favorite.

Maven had a cool guitar intro to his theme song.

I been thinking about this for a long time. I have almost every entrance music up until some of the newer ones. I'm a huge sucker for all of HHH's. Who doesn't like motorhead? ( i include evolution in there). RVD's (wwe) one of a kind is good, Batista's I walk alone, and The Dudley's (wwe) bombshell by Powerman 5000. By far the best is Edge. This is one of my favorite songs period. It is called Metalingus by Alter Bridge. Check it out

I listen to a ton of them. Its actually a great way to get into more bands as well. Bar the Diva's themes (Aside from Lita's Lovefurypassionenergy theme by Boy Hits Car, that's a great theme) and give or take a few more themes that haven't been that all great, there's a ton of awesome themes over the past decade. Edge's themes, On The Edge by Jim Johnston, Never Gonna Stop by Rob Zombie then Metallingus by Alter Bridge, Triple H's themes have always been awesome, My Time by Chris Warren and the DX Band, Break It Down by said band, The Game by both Motorhead and Drowning Pool, and his Evolution Theme Line In The Sand. One Of A Kind by Breaking Point is one of the best themes out there, This Fire (Its the actual Title for the song, has it on the back of the As Daylight Dies Special Edition version of the album) by Killswitch Engage, one awesome band, is great.

The most recent album has some great themes on, Just Close Your Eyes by Story Of The Year, Its A New Day by Adelitas Way and Written In My Face by Sean Jenness. The shows themes have always been awesome, The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson (Which was the SD theme at one point) the one after that, believe it was called I Want It All, then Rise Up (Both versions), wasn't big on If You Rock Like Me, was OK but Let It Roll is a lot better. Love the Superstars Theme as well, Invincible by Adelitas Way and it took me a while but I got into the NXT theme, Wild and Young by American Bang (Who, I believe previously did a theme for a PPV, The Great American Bash 2008 if I'm not mistaken)

ECW's themes, Bodies of course is one of the best both for wrestling and for a random music mood, Manson's This Is The New Shit then Don't Question My Heart (Both versions), and the Raw themes, Get On Your Feet, Move To The Music, To Be Loved..., and now Burn It To The Ground. Bar the rap themes (Aside from Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne, that one I liked, which was the Royal Rumble 2009 theme) the PPVs have always been awesome, again give or take a few. Money by I Fight Dragons was a nice theme for MITB.

One of my earlier memories was watching the WrestleMania XX (Which was my first WrestleMania I saw since I've only been watching WWE since I was 12 and was here and there the first year I started watching it in terms of PPVs) Highlight Package and the song over it, Step Up by Drowning Pool was perfect. The Enemy by Godsmack for SummerSlam 2006 was a great theme as well, very fitting for the Cena/Edge feud. We Are One by 12 Stones is great for The Nexus, really fits in well for the stable.

I can literally go on all day about this since I love music and not just because of wrestling but there's a ton of bands I've gotten into through wrestling, both PPV themes and wrestling programming and wrestlers themes themselves.

Downstait's i Came To Play, The Miz's theme is the shizz. Its the one song that you can sing anywhere. I mean i play on the xbox...i scream awesome, and everyone suddenly bursts out with ' I Came To Play....Plus i am a big fan of Downstait, which helps ...I'm Just Sayin...

Maria - Ok, this may be an homage to my middle school days of listening to blink-182, but I absolutely LOVE this song.

Edge's original music - back when "You Think You Know" me actually meant something and he played the silent protagonist

Christian - I'm apparently one of those rare people that likes Story of the Year and this song along with the DX theme song have always made me want to be a WWE superstar just because they get me so pumped up

DX - Again, as an homage to my middle school days, this one song epitomizes everything rebellious, everything it means to be a punk, sticking it to the establishment, fighting for what you believe in. I know it's only wrestling, but there's a part of me that still believes the DX guys were actually raising VKM's blood pressure with their antics.

Sheamus's theme is my favorite right now. "U wear your sins like its some kinda prize/ TOO MANY LIES, TOO MANY LIES/ OOoooOooOOooOoOooo!!!" I love that song

Razor Ramon's theme is in my top 5 favorites of all time along with the Evolution, 4 Horsemen (no lyrics are necessary on that one), Ministry of Darkness, and the Rock's Hollywood theme.

My shocker of the day will have to be Mike Awesome's (Awesome Bomb I think is the name) ECW theme. I know that song word for word.

I got alot more to name but the few I just named sticks out in my head right now.

My alltime favorite.......the old Hardy Boys theme.

At the present time, as I have always said on these feeds, I LOVE the Beautiful People entrance theme. I still think it's the best one out there right now.

I just think it's a hot song with hot chicks wiggling asses too it.

In all honesty, I don't really like any of them. Mainly because I don't like the genre of music. I kind of like Triple H's because I like Motorhead...but it's still kind of overdone for me.

It's probably just me...but since they're using actual songs...it gets that "overplayed" feel to it where I kind of get sick of it. Where as when I was younger...the wrestlers had their cheesy (and sometimes cool) entrance music that you would never get sick of. Either due to them being so cheesy and funny (i.e. Brutus Beefcake)...or because they were just so badass (i.e. Ultimate Warrior).

Today they just all sound the same and they get overplayed...and then if I hear one of the songs on the radio? Forget about it. I turn the station faster than Doc Holliday in a duel. Just doesn't do it for me. The music stinks.

At the present time, as I have always said on these feeds, I LOVE the Beautiful People entrance theme. I still think it's the best one out there right now.

Right there with you! I didn't want to mention any TNA themes since this is the WWE area and the Mods are wrathful, but The Beautiful People's theme is fantastic. It's one of the few TNA themes that actually sounds like it has WWE-quality production value. I also really liked Christina's TNA music (I know it's an Evanescence song) and the LAX theme. Jarrett's "My World" is a great heel theme, but they really need to change it up if he's going to stay a face.

I am sorry, but I am surprised no one has put my all time favorite WWE song on here:

Line in the Sand (Evolution)

I have that song on my IPOD and I can run to that song. I actually got my runtime down for my 1 1/2 mile from 11 minutes to 9 minutes!

Oh I have some other favorites

R Truth (What's up)
CM Punk theme
SCSA ( Disturbed Version)

I will stop there

i love Burn in my light just love the hey nothing you take nothings gonna change what you done to me.

dx's the kings from run dmc just great band song really fit dx at the time.

triple h king of kings, my time, & the game.

my favorite would have to be from american badass taker rollin just loved and youre gonna pay.

If I had to pick some of my favorite Themes to jam out too in no particular order it would be....

The NWO Theme- The original one when they first started.
The NWO WolfPac Theme
DX-Of course being in middle school and early high school it was the anthem for all of us teenagers.
RVD-Walk by Pantera. One of my all time favorite songs. He used this in ECW, but I don't think it was the Pantera version. It was by a band called Kilgore.
This is Extreme- By Harry Slash and The Slashtones
Justin Credible-Snap your fingers, Snap Your Neck-Original song was by Prong, but he used the Grinspoon version.
Sandman-Enter Sandman both the Metallica and Motorhead version I like.
Balls Mahoney-Big Balls. It was funny all of my friends would sing that song when he came to the ring.
Tazz-Survive if I let you in ECW and his Just another Victim theme.
Stone Cold Steve Austin-Glass Shatters the one by Disturbed.
RAW Theme Song-The one by Union Underground, and Burn it to the ground by Nickleback.
The Original Raw Theme song, The 5th version, 6th version
The Undertaker
Tommy Dreamer-Man in the Box
Raven- Come out an Play by The Offspring
There's many more obviously, but just some of my favorites.

Evan Bourne's Born to Win is one of the best theme's I've heard in a long time. So that would definitely top my list.

Sheamus' is fun to listen too, Morrison, Punk of course, Edge, among others...

I STILL listen to nWo Wolfpac, and nWo B&W (with the voices). I also play the DX song from the Aggresion CD this RunDMC, and I have been known to even blast GANGREL'S Theme song. His theme was hot, and still is to me. Of course Jericho's theme is play worthy, also HHH's My Time. I get hyped up when I hear, "1,2....Is This On"?!?! I can't help but to immediately go into my head down, shoulders up, fists clutched, entranceway stance like HHH does! X-Pac's DX song is a favorite of mine as well. I am CORPORATE MINISTRY! So you know I'm diggin' their mixed/remixed version. KEN SHAMROCK'S WWE theme is another that get's me HYPE! I think I will stop here. I could go on though!

I am sorry, but I am surprised no one has put my all time favorite WWE song on here:

Line in the Sand (Evolution)

Don't look so surprised; several people have already mentioned it.

Isn't it fair to say that Triple H is basically the king of wrestling themes? Not only has he had two of the greatest individual themes ("My Time" and "The Game"), but also two stables he was a part of (DX and Evolution) had fantastic music. I can't think of anyone who's had a better run.

(Reposting in a brand new, non-spammy format. I told you the Mods were wrathful!)

Some of my favorites that haven't already been mentioned:

Kidman's "You Can Run" -- Between this theme and that awesome jacket, Kidman had everything but the charisma needed to be a great heel. Too bad!

Raven's WCW music ("Come As You Are" cover) -- Probably the second-best theme WCW had during the Monday Night Wars, with Sting's "Crow" theme being my favorite.

Gangrel/The Brood's theme -- One of the best entrances in history wasted on such a lame wrestler (Gangrel). I'm amazed they haven't brought this back yet with all of the vampire love in the world right now.

Undertaker's Ministry Theme (the first version w/ guitar solo and no chanting) -- It's a shame they had to ruin it with all of that "accept the Lord of Darkness" voice-over stuff.

Christian's original "Just Close Your Eyes" -- the Waterproof Blonde version is SOOOO much better. Story of the Year's just has no soul.

Al Snow's heel theme, circa 2000 -- Maybe the most underrated theme ever. You probably don't even remember it. Go to YouTube and do yourself a frickin' service.

Don't look so surprised; several people have already mentioned it.

Isn't it fair to say that Triple H is basically the king of wrestling themes? Not only has he had two of the greatest individual themes ("My Time" and "The Game"), but also two stables he was a part of (DX and Evolution) had fantastic music. I can't think of anyone who's had a better run.

Shawn Michaels had quite a good run. And I like his songs better than Triple H's as well. Although Triple H may have had more.

The Rockers theme song was pretty much a speed up version of the Ultimate Warrior's and was pretty cool (although clearly the Warrior's was far better).

As the Heartbreak Kid as a heel - "Sexy Boy" was sang by Sensational Sherri was pretty awesome. And then eventually sung by himself and was equally great if not better.

And he was also in DX with their music as well. So cheers to Shawn Michaels!!

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas, "Perfect Strangers" is a fantastic song and the opening chords just sound like they are made for an evil mastermind.

And how has no one mentioned "Natural Born Killaz" everytime i hear that song i can still see New Jack beating the shit out of everyone in his way in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back