Wrestling Outside the Box

CDoherty

Occasional Pre-Show
Have you ever noticed lately that no one in wrestling thinks outside the box or tries to do something completely different in wrestling other than the same old shit.

My Ideas:

Have wrestling like a hockey game or other sporting events, before a faceoff in hockey or before the wrestlers lock up play hype music, also play music to get the crowd going in a match just as it is done in sports.

Another idea which on a big stage would cost a lot, but say a small indy promotion that goes to a couple city has each city have a team with certain wrestlers and have it be booked just like sports.

Your thoughts or ideas?

New Jack and Mustafa had music playing through their entire matches in ECW.

If you want something different watch some indie feds like Inter Species Wrestling or even CHIKARA with their characters and stuff.

Look up Ken The Box. That's pretty different. He's a giant wrestling box.

Can you elaborate on how they would book it like sports? The way it reads it just seems like it would be a faction vs faction thing.

Have wrestling like a hockey game or other sporting events, before a faceoff in hockey or before the wrestlers lock up play hype music, also play music to get the crowd going in a match just as it is done in sports.

I'm sorry but... having "Y'all ready for this?! Dun dun dun du na nu nu nu nu na" playing over the PA system when Orton is doing his "stomp, stomp, roll, stomp, stomp" RKO set up would be... well, dumb.

Nor would I want to hear "We will, we will, rock you!" when Punk goes for the GTS.

Team sports and one on one (or very small groups) competitions, like say WWE and UFC, don't flow the same way, so why would you add something like "hype music?"

I still want to see a match take place in a child's bouncey house.

I hear that they sometimes hook razors up to the rooster's feet in cock fighting.

How about a match to decide a guy's theme music? The winner gets to pick the loser's entrance music for a week.

Five count match?

Best of five match where the winner has to pin, submit, and get his opponent counted out?

Winner gets to date the loser's mom match.

Add a fourth turnbuckle.

How about a match in a human sized hamster cage with full scale running wheel, wood chips, and water bottle?

Well this sucked. I'll do better next time.

I still want to see a match take place in a child's bouncey house.

I hear that they sometimes hook razors up to the rooster's feet in cock fighting.

How about a match to decide a guy's theme music? The winner gets to pick the loser's entrance music for a week.

Five count match?

Best of five match where the winner has to pin, submit, and get his opponent counted out?

Winner gets to date the loser's mom match.

Add a fourth turnbuckle.

How about a match in a human sized hamster cage with full scale running wheel, wood chips, and water bottle?

Well this sucked. I'll do better next time.

I don't know man. This seems like a money match to me. You should probably trademark it and offer it up to WWE and TNA and let the highest bidder use it.

I've got a new horrible idea. Mini-tournament to decide who will be HHH's adopted son. Steph has failed at carrying on the Helmsley name and this gives HHH someone to groom in his own image and father. The winner would become a "Chosen One" of sorts. The tournament would consist of mostly kiss ass heels and maybe a wise ass comedy face that wants in on that inheritance. The winner changes their last name to Helmsley and walks around spitting water everywhere.

It's TV gold dammit, TV gold.

It seems like everythinng has been done somewhere in wrestling. The biggest things I want to happen is just think outside the box when it comes to characters, storyline and booking. It seems like forever since wrestling had an original idea in these department (or a good original idea at least).

Anyways here's an idea (that may have been said):

A composer/DJ for matches, like a movie soundtrack. The music changes accordingly throughout the match to enhance whatever is going on. Not a entrance theme or anything but an original soundtrack. Only do it once in a while so it doesn't get overused.

Another thing would be some rule changes and maybe a structure change to how things work to be more sports oriented. Have things like rankings, a wrestler can only challenge for titles if his ranking is high enough, rankings are similar to college football, so not only does your won/loss record matter but who you beat also matters (so if Ryder pins Orton he shoots right up in rankings). Winning big matches help too, so if some guy wins the Rumble he doesn't get a guaranteed title shot but it greatly helps his cause.

Rankings aren't exactly new but I don't recall a company like WWE committing to it in such a way. You could make a lot of interesting storylines based around rankings and it will give the impression champs and contenders are more deserving.

Maybe they could have a "hockey fight" match. Have the wrestlers come down to the ring in hockey outfits and drop the gloves and go at it until someone hits the ground or the referee feels it's time to break it up. Maybe each wrestler comes out with a group of other wrestlers all wearing hockey uniforms and they surround the ring. It could lead to a team vs team brawl or something.

They need to have more mascots too. Los Matadores have the right idea. I wouldn't even be bothered if all the mascots were mini wrestlers. That could lead to some memorable moments. Like a mascot could chase another mascot around the ring and stuff.

There should be cheerleaders at ringside at all time to get the crowd pumped up and start cheers or chants. Just imagine Kevin Steen wrestling and a group of cheerleaders starting a "Kill Steen KIill" cheer.

There should be cheerleaders at ringside at all time to get the crowd pumped up and start cheers or chants. Just imagine Kevin Steen wrestling and a group of cheerleaders starting a "Kill Steen KIill" cheer.

It works well for Mexico, it feels like half the match is looking at boobs, its pretty rad.

I've got a new horrible idea. Mini-tournament to decide who will be HHH's adopted son. Steph has failed at carrying on the Helmsley name and this gives HHH someone to groom in his own image and father. The winner would become a "Chosen One" of sorts. The tournament would consist of mostly kiss ass heels and maybe a wise ass comedy face that wants in on that inheritance. The winner changes their last name to Helmsley and walks around spitting water everywhere.

It's TV gold dammit, TV gold.

Said angle with Santino as the chosen one would make him the most over guy on the roster.

Book that shit.

There are a lot of matches that could benefit from the Karate Kid soundtrack playing in the background.

Combine it with Karate Kid quotes!

When ADR or any other heel walks out on a match have them shout "This match sucks, man! It sucks!" as Bananarama singing Cruel Summer is played over the PA!

As the Undertaker prepares for the Tombstone, have JBL shouting out "Get him a bodybag!"

Or have Brie standing in D-Bry's corner encouraging him with a "Be strong Bryan, be strong!"

It could even be stretched to other movies - who wouldn't love to hear the Great Khali bellow "Hey, you guys!" or watch the Tonnes of Fun doing the Truffle Shuffle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back