Wrestlers that communicate with fans?

ih8myusername94

*insert clever catchphrase here*
First off, I'm new here, but I've followed this website for a couple of years now. I just don't really browse forums, but for the past couple of days I've seen some great topics here and there. Anyway I'm just rambling. Basically my question is have any of you guys ever talked to wrestlers via internet? I havent really tried quiet frankly. I don't want to get into typing a paragraph to someone who won't even read it. I'm sure there are some professional wrestlers (past or present) nice enough to read what I write to them and invoke a response, that's why I come to the great forum dwellers of wrestlezone. Links and/or personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

I've traded e-mails twice with Glen Jacobs. He's got a out of character blog and talking with him is a really great thing. The man is so damned smart, it's really a shame a mind like his goes hidden behind the gimmick of Kane.

I've traded e-mails twice with Glen Jacobs. He's got a out of character blog and talking with him is a really great thing. The man is so damned smart, it's really a shame a mind like his goes hidden behind the gimmick of Kane.

How long ago was this? What did you talk to him about? If you could provide me a link to his blog that'll be cool. Did you address him by his name? Some wrestlers get offended by that for some reason.

I know Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart communicate with their fans on Facebook, and that John Cena does via Twitter. I have posted comments to both Hulk and Bret, but the sheer number of messages they get on a daily basis meant that that never responded.

I HAVE actually spoken to former ECW Champion Steve Corino several times via Facebook. I am a member of his fan page, and he posted a status about just finishing Chris Jericho's second autobiography and I asked him whether it was better than the 1st, and as I was the 1st person to comment he actually wrote back, saying that both of them were awesome and he would recommend either. I thought that was pretty cool, as I have always been a big fan of Corino's work.

He asked "liked" several of my comments on his statuses in the past, I can remember he was asking for suggestions as to who would play him/his former tag partners etc in a film of his life. Loads of people made suggestions, including me and he "liked" my suggestions.

It's good that these people take the time to communicate and have some interaction with their fans, as they don't need to. I know Corino is not a star on the level of John Cena or The Rock but I thought communicating with someone who had seen of tv and been a fan of was pretty cool.

The absolute best way for a fan to communicate with wrestlers is to be the guy that'd charge a suit cleaning fee to them as opposed to the company. Wrestlers will come and seek you out if that's the case. As far as how to be that guy, I leave you to your own devices.

I've had the privilege to meet Raven, Daffney, Gunner, and Chris Hero. Of the three, I'd say Chris Hero was the coolest one and was really welcoming the conversation we had... about comic books believe it or not. It was really random because it was during the Big Bang show last year when he was signing autographs and I yelled "Superman sucks!" and when I got to Hero, he started asking me all these questions about what versions of the Superman Comics had I read and stuff like that.

Raven and Daffney, I met at an indy show here in SC for CWA. Raven's always been very loyal to CWA here, and he's real close with the CWA fans. He will usually answer questions about anything, but they'll be short answers.

As for Gunner, I've been following him since he too was in CWA. He used to be the top heel around here and during the intermissions and after parties, he would really talk to the fans about just random stuff. He really is a humble person.

How long ago was this? What did you talk to him about? If you could provide me a link to his blog that'll be cool. Did you address him by his name? Some wrestlers get offended by that for some reason.

This was about... eh, 3? 4 months ago? I think. I actually haven't been back to the site in a while now. You can find it from his wikipedia page though. He was polite, about what you would expect from a star talking with a fan. Good guy.

We talked about Ron Paul. :p

Via Twitter I've communicated with a few.

Chris Jericho has tweeted me, I corrected him about two months ago when he said he'd just said his phrase, "Eeeeeeever, eeeeeeeever, eeeeeeverrrr... Again!" for the first time in over six years; he forgot he said it when he returned to RAW in 2008, I informed him of this and he replied saying thanks and he appreciated the correction.

Christian has also tweeted me, when he won the World Heavyweight Championship, while browsing YouTube I stumbled across a tribute video which I sent to him, he too thanked me for tweeting him the video and said it made him happy seeing how far he'd came.

Others who I've had tweet back or re-tweet my tweets are Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, HeymanHustle(I imagine this is Paul Heyman, not sure.) Goldust tweets almost everyone back, Al Snow and Tommy Dreamer have re-tweeted my comments and lastly two people I had a conversation of sorts with were Tyler Black and Prince Devitt; I shared a couple tweets back and forth with both.

Twitter is a great way to communicate, it also can show a different side to some of the WWE Superstars. Wrestlers I've met in-person are Teddy Hart, Nigel McGuinness, Rene Dupree and Jimmy Jacobs.

Much regards to everyone who commented and any more added stories would be cool. I'll have to dust off my old twitter page. Its also nice to see Steve Corino isn't as bad a guy as most people in the ECW locker room claimed lol

Much regards to everyone who commented and any more added stories would be cool. I'll have to dust off my old twitter page. Its also nice to see Steve Corino isn't as bad a guy as most people in the ECW locker room claimed lol

Whatwere the guys saying about Corino? I have seen a few shoot interviews with him and he seems a cool guy. Obviously, I look at his facebook page as I mentioned and he seems a good family man, always talking about his son and his friends and making jokes.

Seems a good guy to me, but obviously he could be a jackass in the locker room. Any information you have on this would be cool

I wish I was as lucky as you guys to meet these dudes, as I live in Australia the only chance to meet anyone is at WWE events.
The coolest thing i've done was meeting Umaga though, met him with his cousin and he was such a nice guy. Was so humble, willing to answer questions and was incredibly understanding. Sad to see such a good guy pass away.. R.I.P

I haven't met any wrestlers in person, but would like to meet one day. However I did communicate to a notable few via Twitter and other means.

The 1st wrestler I asked a question to was Trish Stratus. This was around the end of May when Tough Enough was still on the air. USA Network hosted a Tough Enough chatroom on that night where Trish Stratus had a Q&A session with the fans. I asked a question (although it wasn't about the WWE) if she was a Toronto Blue Jays fan and was happy that the Jays defeated the NY Yankees that day. Trish said that she is a Blue Jays fan and says they are doing well unlike the Maple Leafs.

On Twitter, the first WWE personality to respond back to my tweet was Jim Ross. Although I didn't ask JR a question at the time, I mentioned his name on one of my tweets that I replied to ESPN SportsNation. SportsNation asked what would happen if the NBA and NFL ended their lockout. I responded that I would cheer enthusiastically like JR. JR then saw it and replied by saying that both the NBA and NFL have to keep their fans in the loop while they settle their respective differences.

Also on Twitter, I wished Daffney happy birthday and she replied saying Thank You.

A few days ago, I asked JR on his blog about the thoughts of American Football expanding to India. He gave his response in his recent blog post by saying that he hasn't heard of this idea, but wouldn't want to invest in a new football organization in India. He also said that India is on WWE's map for their potential growth.

This is my experience. Although I haven't met any of them who I mentioned in person yet, I would love to meet them one day.

Whatwere the guys saying about Corino? I have seen a few shoot interviews with him and he seems a cool guy. Obviously, I look at his facebook page as I mentioned and he seems a good family man, always talking about his son and his friends and making jokes.

Seems a good guy to me, but obviously he could be a jackass in the locker room. Any information you have on this would be cool

I don't have too much actually, apart from a rumor I read online. I never really took it as the truth to began with, but now its pretty much clarified that what i read previously was false information. I'm glad to hear it too, as I'm a fan of his work inside the ring and its nice to know outside he isn't too bad either.

Well I personally haven't Commnicated with any but I'd say Lance Storm and Raven. Lance has a FB fan Page and regularly answers and asks questions whilst raven has his blog and always replies sarcastically to tweets which I find hilarious but still he replies. His Vlog is great too. Ill need to look up Glen Jacobs blog. He's always seemed like a smart guy but never show it kind of guy like raven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back