• Randy Orton

• The Miz

• C.M. Punk

• Sheamus

• Daniel Bryan

• AJ Styles

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's Kane. He's just not fun to watch.

Considering who made the cut, I'm very surprised not to see Jericho didn't get a shout.

Bryan probably. He's managed to find popularity and a niche against high odds. He is popular without really been given anything guaranteed at all throughout his career so far, and has consistently brought the best out of average workers.

Wade Barrett. Biased English vote but he has been phenomenal. Best debut year since Kurt Angle, for my money.

WADE BARRETT?!?!? He is fucking awful :lmao: and this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of his.

Shit. As much as I hate to be one of "those" people, if DB has been around the entire year I would have had to vote for him. Hasnt had a bad match all year. Same goes for CM Punk, I wouldve flipped a coin.

So, have to go with the default. Cena. Besides a few matches with Sheamus that were about as fun as cleaning a grill, he was always entertaining.

The obvious choice is John Cena, while orton is probably the character of the year his terrible match with edge at over the limit and his weak match with Sheamus at Summerslam bassicially rule him out of contention. Wade Barret has had a great year but other then his one on one match with Cena he hasn't had a great match 1 on 1 match all year long. Daniel Bryan had an amazing year but only really started doing anything at Summerslam so i can't give him the honor.

John Cena started of 2010 aligning himself with Bret Hart and help promote his match with Vince while simultaneously feuding with Batista, while their Wrestlemania buildup could have been a bit better their match was great as were the 2 matches that followed. Then of course you had the Nexus invasion and without Cena their is no way it could have had the steam to main event Summerslam but it did and their match at Summerslam was one of the best of the year. After Summerslam he started a feud with Wade Barret and they had again one of the best matches of the year at hell in a cell, following this you had a change in John Cena's character showing more ruthless tendencies while he joined Nexus and played an amazing role in the Orton Barret match at Survivor series; Followed up by one of the best promos of the year the following night on Raw and you have arguably Cena's best year in the WWE.

To me it's a no-brainer , Because he's the Miz and he's awesome.

2010 is the year of awesome.He held every title there was to be held , tag , Us and WWE title.

He also is the most improved superstar in last year , He had one helluva feud with Bryan , won the star studded MITB ladder match and now he is at top of the world.

Runners up are Cena and Daniel Bryan.Cena had his best year after 2009 while He had a refreshing feud with Batista and introduced to us the Nexus.

Daniel Bryan is also the best of the year wrestling wise , His matches were better than anyone else and if he had arrived a few month sooner , i would call him the wrestler of the year.

The Miz is in second place. Does this mean your first title reign is more important than being complete shit inside of the ring? I suppose it does.

Why the fuck was Batista not nominated? The guy was killing it for the first six months of the year.

Have to go with DBD, the small time Indy worker who has captured all our hearts.

Love Bryan as I do, there's no way he's the Wrestler of the Year. His accomplishments include getting fired and getting rehired, beating The Miz for the US Title, and having a great match with Chris Jericho.

The Miz, on the other hand, has been all over WWE programming, including RAW, two stints as a pro on NXT, and being relevant at every PPV. Furthermore, he's been at nearly every major WWE publicity event as well. This year alone, The Miz has won the Tag Titles, the US Championship, Money in the Bank, and the coveted WWE Championship. Holy. Shit. I can guarantee you nobody will have a year like this for a LONG time. The fact that he is losing so badly to Daniel Bryan is a sham.

I'd also like to mention that I really don't care for The Miz all that much. I appreciate what he's doing, but I don't love him like so many of the posters here do. And I do love Daniel Bryan, and I don't doubt that he could win this award as soon as next year... but not this year.

My pick is Cena. Cena being away from championship scene has been very refreshing change. His matches in almost all PPVs this year have been very engaging to watch. I think now since he is hired back, i suspect he will accidentally run into the championship scene with some interesting storyline at helm or the extension of current one, since we are closing on Rumble. But the way this year's Nexus storyline has been, i just cannot predict what will happen next.

i'm gonna vote for CM Punk. this was close though. Cena has had a stronger year than Punk, and not just because he's the face of the company. Cena has held the title longer, been in better feuds (Batista and now Nexus) and has not been injured.

however, Punk with edge out Cena on this one based primarily upon his Rumble appearance. the promo material between entrants was never done before, and so i give mad props for that.

also, i enjoyed the heel turn (technically not this year) and have especially enjoyed his time at the announce table during his injury. it has been a fantastic way to keep him on screen and a tremendous use of his exceptional talents.

Ok, I couldn't read all the posts because I cannot stomach the whole Bryan splooge-fest. Ugh. Ok, so he can wrestle semi-decently. He's still a bore. Also, and it pains me to agree w/General Disarray simply because of that vile Madden avatar, I would rather watch Bryan on a whole episode of Raw than see "Blandy Boreton" (love this name, Uncle Sam) even once. This guy just makes me want to turn off my tv, but luckily there are other people I like on Raw so I make myself get through it. It still amazes me to no end that such a lackluster, boring, horrible person and gimmick can get so over. If it wasn't for all the new guys that make Raw interesting like Sheamus, Miz, Barrett, Gabriel, etc. I would probably shake my head and watch TruTV or the History Channel instead.

But anyway, enough of the rant and to the list. I wanted to pick Kurt, I really did, he's probably 4th on my list of all time favorites. He absolutely lives up to his "machine" moniker. When other guys are breaking down at his age, he shows no signs of doing so (even if he actually is...). But my vote went to the Miz.

I admire Miz' rise to the top of the company. Not just from an on-screen standpoint which has grown by leaps and bounds, but from a personal standpoint as well. This is a guy that could've easily gotten frustrated, given up, pulled a Hardy (either one take your pick) and became bitter at the people in the back and the industry in general. But what did he do? He ate lemon rinds and shit lemonade. From all of the bullshit behind the scenes, to the negative reviews, to people just basically writing him off w/out even giving him a chance, he has persevered. And not in a cocky, hateful, grudge-holding way either. He's becoming as big of a company guy as Cena, going out of his way to work hard and give his all for the company. Fuck, it sounds like I'm writing his resume here. But come on, even if you don't like the guy on-screen, you have got to give him mad respect for overcoming everything that he has. Who among us would hold out that long? I'd venture to say a sliver of the population. Most people would get fed up, quit, find another job, and/or talk mad shit and get pissed and bitter. If you've ever had a job where it seemed you were always treated as "less than a team member" you'll know what I mean. It's one thing to put up with that kind of crap in your everyday life or your off time, much less to put up with it on a constant basis including at your job. This guy has determination and persistence personified, and has broken through with his positive attitude in check. He let it slide right off his back and never looked behind him. Now that takes a hell of a lot of patience, passion, and overall guts in my book.

It was actually between Orton and Kurt Angle/AJ Styles for me. I hate TNA, but when someone like Angle or Styles puts on great matches, I can't help but like them. And anyone that can make me hate TNA-less to me is really good.

I do regret not voting for Miz when I think about it though, instead I voted for Orton. I thought Orton has done a great job as a face, he can be a top face or a top heel, and plays both roles well. He has looked better than ever, and he's looked really strong compared to him being a heel.

Miz convinced me this past Monday why he should be superstar of the year. He won the MITB, he won the US Championship, and the Tag Titles, and than the WWE Championship. So he had a grand slam in one year, and on top of that won MITB. Fucking brilliant!.

Winner: The Miz He has had the best year of 2010 by far! He won the WWE Unified Tag Team Championships with The Big Show and shortly after won the United States Championship. He held both of them consecutively until he lost the Unified Tag Team Championships. He went on to win the Money in the Bank Match and as we all know ended up winning the WWE Championship later in the year. He is great on the microphone, but his ring skills still needs work. But without a shadow of a doubt he earned this award in my opinion. Nobody has done or achieved more than The Miz did this year.

Wade Barrett won the WWE NXT Season 1 competition and since has faced some of the top talent from Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, and John Cena. He has had two shots at the WWE Championship and is currently involved with one of the best Storylines of the Year. Wade Barrett he is great on the microphone, but his In-Ring ability sort of bores me. His two matches with Randy Orton were dreadful, but his matches with John Cena were decent. Even though Wade Barrett has done a lot in his young career he is still green to me and needs a lot of work before he is honored with such an award.

Sheamus I can't even remember anything Sheamus did to be honest. He entered the year of 2010 as the WWE Champion and he had a feud with John Cena where he ultimately ended up losing the WWE Championship to him at Elimination Chamber this year. He then went on and had a feud with Triple H and lost at WrestleMania, but at Extreme Rules won and supposedly, "took" Triple H out. He then went on and competed for the WWE Championship and I believe won. After he lost the title again to Randy Orton in which these two had a feud together for a couple of months in which he was unable to win it. He then went on and won the King of the Ring Tournament. Ever since then he has fallen off the map to me. I think what kills his chances of winning Superstar of the Year is the fact his WWE Championship reigns were short and he didn't defend them fairly.

CM Punk For a good remainder of the Year CM Punk formed the Straight Edge Society which at first was very entertaining, but then they got stale. CM Punk for the better part of the year feuded with Rey Mysterio with stipulations on the line which ultimately led to CM Punk getting his head shaved. He had some great matches with Mysterio during this stint. CM Punk then went on to battle The Big Show which wasn't really anything memorable. CM Punk though has proven one thing this year... He can control a show (He ran SmackDown at one point like Edge did in 07 - 08) and he can cut some AMAZING promos. Hopefully he has a better 2011 since he has moved to RAW and WWE are looking to make good use of him.

Daniel Bryan Daniel Bryan entered the WWE scene with a GREAT match against Chris Jericho taking a huge bump and fighting through the match. Daniel Bryan got eliminated from the competition early (which surprised me) and came back and caused havoc with Michael Cole and The Miz. He returned with Nexus, but was fired once again, but returned at SummerSlam which once again surprised everybody. Daniel Bryan since has feuded with The Miz and held the United States Championship. He put on some top quality matches against Dolph Ziggler, Ted Dibiase Jr, and The Miz. I think what keeps him from winning this award is because he had so much time off and the fact that he is still fresh. 2011 maybe? But 2010? I don't think so.

John Cena John Cena started the year off winning the WWE Championship in the Elimination Chamber Match to ultimately feud with Batista for the title which was a decent feud in the end. He then lost the title to Sheamus at Fatal Four Way and from there really he has feuded with Nexus. Yeah, he was involved in the top storyline of the year (in my opinion) we have got a few shockers from Cena, but I think what keeps him from winning this title is his lack of activity with other stars. All he did was feud with Batista, Sheamus, and Nexus. John Cena hasn't really achieved much.

Kane Kane I will have to say has had an AMAZING year. He won the Money in the Bank Match and managed to win the World HeavyWeight Championship at WWE Money in the Bank and he has held it since. He feuded with Undertaker which could possibly be a nominee for Feud of the Year. HE BEAT UNDERTAKER THREE TIMES IN A ROW! Kane has given some promos worth goosebumps and he stepped his game up in the ring. He is on fire right now and I don't see it ending any time soon.

Randy Orton He has had a decent year. After ridding of Ted Dibiase Jr and Cody Rhodes going singles again he had a short feud with Edge which in my opinion didn't really get over. These two facing off never really appealed to me that much and the matches they had were not that good in my opinion. The feud fell threw because Orton got injured, but shortly after he won a Triple Threat Match against Chris Jericho and Edge to become Number One Contender for the WWE Championship and ended up winning the title and feuding with both Sheamus and Wade Barrett. He switched over from a heel to a face and has the most popular finisher of the Year The RKO. The scary thing is he only getting started.

Closing Comments: I'm sorry that this reply is so long, but I had to break it down. I didn't do one for Kurt Angle or AJ Styles because I don't watch TNA so I am not sure exactly what they have done this year. The Miz is my vote for Superstar of the Year. The runner up behind The Miz in my opinion would have been Randy Orton.

I understand why so many people are picking Bryan. The guy puts on amazing matches. Literally went from an unknown to United States Champion. But I had to pick Miz over him because he went from being very low on the totem pole; from being the unanimous Marty Jannety, to being at the top of the biggest professional wrestling company. Not to mention along the way he did some great things and cut some of the best promos in the business.

Firstly, why is Jeff Hardy not on this list?! He had a great year (wrestling wise) and should be on this list as a contender.

I’m voting for The Miz, simply because he has come the furthest and has really stepped up his game in 2010. You can’t deny his passion and determination anymore and that is something that a lot of people don’t have today. I see Miz as a main eventer now which I really didn’t think I’d see. I thought if he were ever to win the title he would be a transitional champ but I’m now seeing a lengthy run with the championship and more championship wins in the future. The Miz has made a believer of me and many others on this forum and for that I give mad props. The Miz deserves to win and I hope he does.

sorry dont believe cena deserved wrestler of the year , there are better candidates

well if looking at titles id go with the miz, he's been united tag team champion, united states and wwe champion if you dont watch raw and go on forums for some reason, he has obviously earnt that through hard work backstage and improving his ring and mic skills which he certainly has,

On actual in ring ability id go with daniel bryan , obvious reasons why he is that damn good in the ring,

kane shouldnt be up there , dont care that he held the title, he is so boring and his promos are terrible

randy orton is not that bad in my books , i believe hes done pretty well this year, he was certainly given a large push especially just before he got the title

kurt angle is a legend , too bad hes on tna

i dont agree with AJ styles, used to be really good, now not so much

wade barret is improving and is definately the rookie of the year, big main eventer without nexus in the future

And finally sheamus, great heel that works and can be easily hated , if there is a heel of the year id go left field with alberto del rio, that guy really gives that persona which makes you dislike him

With Miz within one vote, this thing may not wind up being a total sham.

I'll give you four reasons you should pick Miz over Daniel Bryan

Tag Team Titles
Money in the Bank
Main Eventing PPV
WWE Champion

Okay, I lied, I will give you more.

We all thought Miz was going to be fired two years ago when he and JoMo broke up. He is now the top heel in World Wrestling Entertainment. The only person who has done more for the company in the past few years is John Cena. Like Cena, Miz has all but given his life to the WWE. When he's not on TV–and he's on TV often as a RAW superstar, a regular on PPVs, and a two time NXT pro–he's out doing publicity events and television spots.

Daniel Bryan may be the better wrestler, but this isn't "Who is the Better Wrestler", this is "Wrestler of the Year." Don't vote Bryan because he's supposed to be our representation in the ring. Vote for the man who deserves it, The Miz.

How is Daniel Bryan winning this? He's had a decent year but is nowhere near wrestler of the year. He started on NXT. Everyone said he shouldn't be there because of his experience. In other words he was competing below his level and he still lost. He spent a couple months back on the indy scene during the time he was fired. Since coming back he has been doing well in the mid card. Since when does a mid carder win wrestler of the year? Obviously I know why he's winning. He's an internet God and this is an internet poll. I don't mean any disrespect to Bryan or his fans but I don't think those voting are very objective.

Perfectly objective. I don't see why losing matches should be harmful to his case. On NXT, he cut some of - if not the - the best promos of the year. Everybody went apeshit when he was released after choking Justin Roberts. A pay-per-view went off the air to "Dan-iel Bry-an! *clap clap clap*". His return was one of - if not the - best moments of the year. Since his return, he's given match of the year candidates to otherwise unremarkable midcarders like Ted DiBiase, Dolph Ziggler and, yes, The Miz. Also, Chris Jericho according the actual poll.

I wasn't much of a fan of him in his ROH days. I liked a match with Nigel McGuinness here and there, but I thought he was overrated and generally pretty boring. When I heard he was going to NXT and, teehee, going to have his name reversed Shawn Michaels style I was looking forward to him being shown up. He proved me wrong on the first night and every night afterwards.

The Miz? Pfft. Yeah, he cut a sort of long promo where he did a pretty good JBL impression. His highlights were being punched in the face and being gifted a match that stands head and shoulders over anything he'd done before.

I don't think DBD is wrestler of the year because I'm a fan of his. I'm a fan of his because he's wrestler of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back