WrestleMedia

The Butcher

📶
Awful Announcing has put out a funny column in which the author books a series of sports media feuds as a wrestling pay-per-view. It's pretty funny stuff. Here are some notable matches from the make-believe card:

Sports Talk Radio Battle Royal - (Dan Patrick, The Danettes, Ryen Russillo, Jim Rome, Doug Gottlieb, John Feinstein, Rich Eisen, Jay Mohr, Brian Kenny, Erik Kuselias, Boomer & Carton, Chris Russo, Paul Finebaum, Sedano & Stink, Dan Sileo, and Colin Cowherd)

Warren Sapp vs Michael Strahan (w/ Kelly Ripa)

Tuxedo Match: Tony Kornheiser vs Chris Berman

Keith Olbermann vs Roger Goodell

Michelle Beadle vs Erin Andrews

WarGames Match:
Team Authority vs Team Simmons -
Mike & Mike, Skip Bayless, and Stephen A. Smith (with John Skipper) vs Bill Simmons, Jalen Rose, Cousin Sal, and Dan Le Batard

The link's below if you want to read the results. I recommend it if you've got a few minutes to kill. The end of the WarGames match is worth it alone.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/wrestlemedia-favorite-media-feuds-wwe-ppv.html

I have no clue who any of those people are. Is this a problem?

Wow, not even Roger Goodell or Erin Andrews? Bout time to leave that cave. Anyway, to answer your question: not really. It's a well-written piece and that any wrestling fan worth his salt should be able to appreciate if only for the references and booking sensibility. Knowing the people helps, of course, but you don't then this would be a great way to familiarize yourself with them.

The next time somebody complains about our mods, I'm directing them to this thread. Clearly the staff's dedication and focus on the job at hand leaves little time for anything else. :p

Colin Cowherd and Michelle Beadle have both made headlines on this very site. Cowherd for his comments about the Ultimate Warrior and Beadle for a backstage run-in with AJ. Roger Goodell is the NFL Commissioner who was all over the news during the Ray Rice scandal. He's also handed out the trophy at the end of the Super Bowl for like the last decade. I hear that's a popular television program. Jay Mohr used to be an actor and now has fallen back on his stand up and a sports talk radio show. Jalen Rose played in the NBA for a long time and was a member of Michigan's Fab Five. You may know Erin Andrews better by her other names: "Erin Pageviews" and "Top 10 Hottest Sideline Reporters slideshow slide #1." Mike Golic played int the NFL and hosted a syndicated bloopers show back in the day. Boomer Esiason and "Stink" Schlereth also played in the NFL, both reaching the Super Bowl at least once. Michael Strahan and Warren Sapp are Super Bowl champions as well as NFL Hall of Famers, and the former hosts the latest incarnation of former Live with Regis and Kathie Lee. Kelly Ripa is the Kathie Lee. Dan Patrick, Brian Kenny, Mike Greenberg, Keith Olbermann, and Chris Berman all anchored SportsCenter for years, and have mostly moved on to becoming popular radio and/or TV personalities. Olbermann hosted a show on MSNBC for a good while during the 00s, and had numerous well-publicized feuds with a few famous conservative TV and radio figures.

Now you're caught up. Read the damn article.

The main event should've been Bill Simmons vs. Skip Bayless. Doesn't matter what match, I'd pay money to watch that. Hell, add in Stephen A. Smith as well. Keep Mike and Mike away from this entire thing though. They're not best for business.

The main event should've been Bill Simmons vs. Skip Bayless. Doesn't matter what match, I'd pay money to watch that. Hell, add in Stephen A. Smith as well. Keep Mike and Mike away from this entire thing though. They're not best for business.

Or how about splitting up that ex-NFL feud and have Strahan and Sapp vs. Bayless and Simmons? Works good both ways, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back