Wrestlemania weekend was possibly the greatest 3 days in the history of wrestling.

BASSER911414

Pre-Show Stalwart
Iv been watching pro wrestling since the mid 80s. Iv watched all the way from the hogan era through the attitude era all the way to the pg era (i dont buy the reality era crap, its still the pg era to me).

I cant remember the number of times i punched my dads thigh when warrior won the world championship from hogan because i was a massive hogan fan and my dad was a warrior fan. I loved warrior but deep down i was and still am a big hogan fan (although my favorite is and has always been the rock)

This years hall of fame and wrestlemania for me was the greatest spectacle in the history of pro wrestling. Especially with the induction of jake, razor and warrior.

Jake the Snake Roberts. This is a guy who reinvented the term scary badass for me. Who can ever forget Miss Elizabeth opening a package with a snake inside. A man whose whose demons were slowly but surely killing him from the inside out turns his life around over the course of a year and a half with the help of a great man Dallas Page.

Scott Hall. This guy had me trying to talk like Tony Montana for a good 5 months. Plus i remember trying to do a razors edge to my brother and ended up breaking the couch. Every day the headlines on wrestlezone were the shit that Scott Hall was doing, whether his drunken activities or choking his girlfriend and what not. The video DDP put up of Scotts phone call where he said he was dying pretty much broke my heart. He also embarks on a journey with Dallas Page and Jake and very quickly redeems himself in so many eyes.

Finally the Ultimate Warrior. One of my favorites. Dont need to say too much about his greatness because that has been a massively talked about subject for the last several days. But so much stuff other than that.

We saw two drug and alcohol abusers fight to reclaim their honor and take their place in the hall of fame.

And more than that. We saw the man who replaced hogan (at least for a while) as the greatest in the business, reconcile with so many other people he had problems with. From Hogan to Vince.

We saw magic being made right at the opening of WM 30 with the rock austin and hogan. We saw a wrestler become champion who in no way fits the mold of what a champion should look like on the biggest wrestlemania ever.

And one of the greatest RAW speeches i had heard from a legend the next very night.

Unfortunately the mood ended with the Warriors passing.

But no one can deny these were 3 of the most epic days in pro wrestling history. At least for me they were. I saw three of the greatest i grew up watching being honored on the same night and i highly doubt anything can top that.

Just wanted to hear other thoughts from other old time wrestling fans who have watched from then till now. Do you agree or am i sounding too melodramatic.

Was certainly one of the best WM's ever. Each match had a big fight feel. We saw IMO the most shocking moment in wrestling history when the streak ended, a moment I don't think the WWE could ever achieve again it was that perfect.

Although predictable the DB win was a great spectacle, as was the opening segment.brilliant 'moments' all night.

HOF as well gave us some incredible and moving speeches. To be fair yeah, it was an all around special weekend for the company.

Depends on what generation you are and whether or not you are able to change with the times. Just like you, for me it was awesome. I was 7 when Warrior and Hogan faced off, so that is what got me into wrestling in the first place. Jake was one of my favorites and Razor was my absolute favorite during the New Generation. This was probably one of the best WM I've seen. Bryan/HHH was the first match and it felt like a main event.

If I was 7-8 now, I don't think that I would care about the HOF, since that was previous generations and a different era. I don't think you can appreciate the things that Warrior, Jake, Razor, etc did during their time unless you fully experienced them as they were going on.

I would compare these 3 days with WRESTLEMANIA 28. I think the End of An Era match, CM Punk vs Y2J match, and the false "Once In A Lifetime" match had a lot of hype to look forward to. I do wish CM Punk was in this WM as well but it was still really good. The shock factor with Lesnar winning was unbelievable. Oh and of course I think Jake Roberts had the best Hall of Fame speech, ever.

Although I enjoyed this past Wrestlemania, I don't think the event had any stellar matches. There was no Steamboat-Savage or HBK-Angle caliber matches in the entire event. The main event was decent, and HHH-Bryan was pretty good though. Just not good enough to truly make Wrestlemania XXX legendary.

The whole weekend was made by the fact the underdog had done it and it was something that the fans made happen. Then they was the ending of the streak which I think not many seen coming that gave it that buzz. Without the streak ending and without Bryan winning the title it would of been just another Mania. I certainly think branding it 'the greatest three days in wrestling history' is a bit over the top.

Matches were drab in parts and were not Mania standard. We seen a dated Undertaker be carried trough his match by Brock, without the streak ending that match wouldn't be memorable like his fights in recent years. Bryan vs HHH and the subsequent Triple Threat were entertaining but question is was it up there with some of the great Mania matches? Probably not but once again the underdog doing it made it memorable. Wyatt vs Cena was again sort of lacked in class. The battle royal like the MITB done for years brought that edge of excitement to the event.

Then the day before was memorable due to the Ultimate Warrior finally burying the hatchet with WWE then his subsequent speech on the Monday night was excellent and seemed like it had been planned almost as if they knew he wouldn't be back again.

The Hall of Fame in general was enjoyable, as was Mania, The Raw the night after was exciting but it 100 per cent the greatest 3 days in the history of wrestling. One of the most memorable but not the greatest. Not by a long shot.

Wrestlemania 30's buildup, the event and the week following it as a whole was a very special one IMO.

- "Bryangate" and the fans hijacking of the Royal Rumble

- CM Punk walking out inexplicably

- Is Sting signing or not

- The concept of part timers/older guys jumping the shark with Batista

- The Streak

- Danny Bryan winning

- Two of the worst stories in pro wrestling being able to get their shit together

- UW's HOF induction, speech and death :)()

- The youth movement going on in the WWE

- HHH showing promise as the head of the company

Been a crazy few months in WWE/pro wrestling

2014 will go down as a very special year . . . in retrospect will be signified with the changing of the logo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back