• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania Weekend Ideas?

givemetoro

Dark Match Winner
Ok, a quick back story, me and my friend were HUGE wrestling fans back during the Attitude Era and watched every Monday night and whatever PPV's we could save money for. We both kind of lost interest in it around the age of 15/16 because we'd grown out of it. (That was around 2000)

Jump forward to the news that Bret Hart was making a return to the ring. I told him about it and we decided to watch it, and after 10 years of not watching wrestling we were... entertained again!

We've watched it every Monday since and have been fortunate enough to make it to two live events. Anyways we had a WrestleMania Party last year with a couple other people and dressed up as the wrestlers of our choice and it was a great time. Now, WrestleMania is right around the corner again and we're trying to come up with ideas for a Saturday night wrestling theme and possibly something to go with WM on Sunday.

We thought about getting and old PPV from the 2000's when we weren't watching and watch it Sat. night, just want to start some kind of tradition for the night before Mania. (So much for my quick backstory...)

So my question to all of you is, do you have any rituals or things you plan out for WeekendMania?

I'll be watching WrestleMania in my living room. Possibly with a Coke. Possibly without a Coke. It's the sense of uncertainty that makes it so exciting.

Last year and this year will be the same routine, recover from Saturday night hangover by watching some old DVDs and a couple tapes. Last year I watched Wrestlemania 16 to 19 and by the time 19 finished, Wrestlemania 26 was about to start.

Will probably do something similar this year.

Since I got the WHOLE weekend off work (for some reason they didn't schedule me) which is soooo awesome, i am probably going to party on Friday, wake up Saturday and hang out with my best friend (who also is a HUGEEE wrestling fan) until the late hours and causing us to randomly jump with anticipation about Wrestlemania the next day, then get drunk probably and end up staying at his house overnight. Then on sunday hang with my girlfriend and then go to the Galaxy Theatres and watch WRESTLEMANIA 27 there. its soooo sweet since everyone is into it. Having 200 wrestling fans all yelling at a Huge movie screen. Its almost like being there, its probably the second best to being there. That is my weekend of putting off homework and just having an awesome time.

Me, my best friend, and brother always watch Mania the past five or six years. This year will be no different, but we'll have a fourth. One of my brother's best friends will be joining. So it'll be fun. We'll have some nice appetizer type foods, kick back, and enjoy the show. One year we were gonna do a marathon and watch every Mania. That fell through, but we might watch some Mania matches to lead us up to the show.

For Mania's 23, 24 and 25 I went to my best friends house and just got Pizzas and just chilled, couldn't do it last year as I was in another state but I will be doing it next week.

Nothing very traditional, just lots of junk food.

I'll probably watch it the weekend after due to coursework commitments. I will get a lot of food and enjoy the best four hours of the wrestling year after finishing my work which has been dragging on for months now. Bliss.

Friday night and Saturday afternoon I'm going to be on the computer watching the ROH iPPVs. Saturday night I'm probably going to take a night off of wrestling to get pumped for Sunday and so it won't be overkill. Sunday I'll head to my friend's house and eat some pizza and watch some wrestling. I love WrestleMania weekend!

WrestleMania is the only WWE PPV I pay for..err, watch.

I have to work Saturday night, but I have Sunday off. I've also had my parents sign a contract to keep my brother out of the living room so I can watch it in peace. I will be wearing my red Viva La Raza shirt, only taking it off when it's HHH vs Taker so I can wear my HHH WM22 shirt. I plan on having pizzas as well as lots of coke and rotell dip. This is my birthday present from my parents.

Probably going to watch last year's in preparation before grabbing the pre-chosen snacks (more than likely Dorito's and MnM's) and go for the annual pre-Mania dump to officially mark the ceremony.

Ask me tomorrow.

macho-man-randy-savage.JPG

OOOOOH YEAH!

I'll be in my living room, trying to keep the noise down for my sleeping parents and will probably be taking part in the LD. Beer, Coke and snacks will be involved, and (as I do for every PPV) I'll be sporting my HBK T-shirt. I would go to my friends house but I have to be out of the house mega early a few hours afterwards.

I'll be in my living room, trying to keep the noise down for my sleeping parents and will probably be taking part in the LD. Beer, Coke and snacks will be involved, and (as I do for every PPV) I'll be sporting my HBK T-shirt. I would go to my friends house but I have to be out of the house mega early a few hours afterwards.

Me too!

I'll be working all day Saturday and Sunday, but I'm purposely not working on Monday so I can watch the whole thing. I usually watch the last years WM, and some form of Shawn DVD/match while talking about it with my mum and Jess. Who will attempt convincing me (For the 6th year in a row) That she's old enough to stay up and watch. She will then conveniently wake up a few minutes into the show. Fun times :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back