• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania show on NBC

martymcfly

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm not sure if this thread belongs in this forum, so I apologize if it is in the wrong place.

I watched the wrestlemania show on NBC on Saturday. Now, I did not order the original ppv because I didn't have a strong interest in many of the matches, but when I saw the commercials for this show, I figured it might be worth checking out.

I'm not sure who put this particular show together, but some questionable decisions were made. First, it took 20 minutes before the first punch was thrown. 20 minutes, on an hour long show? The first 20 minutes were commercials (which I know is unavoidable), but then we had to sit through the rock's opening welcome, and then a series of backstage interviews and promos. I'm guessing that the point of this show is to offer a preview to a more mainstream audience on a major network, but if the WWE is trying to appeal to those with only a casual interest in wrestling, 20 minutes before getting to a match is ridiculous.

Then the match they show is HHH vs. Undertaker, which after watching, was a pretty boring, unimpressive match. Since it was "no holds barred", basically we saw 2 men being thrown around outside the ring, into stairs, announce tables, and the cole mine.

And high points of the match was the only thing on this program. No other matches, not even any other high points. The remainder of the program was showing what happened on Raw the following night, with the confrontation between the Rock and Cena.

Wow, terrible program. Probably not going to win over any new fans with that ridiculous tripe of a show, WWE. Very disappointing.

It was horrible. I turned it on for 5 minutes during the HHH and Taker match, and the commentary. I think the commentary is one of the main things that drives people away.

We're used to it, but when people here those guys, they just think "Wow...this is so fake." Even I thought that hearing Jerry go "No!!!! not another pedigree, oh god!".

And by the way, I did order Wrestlemania this year, and I thought it was the worst Wrestlemania by far. Terrible, terrible show. Terrible booking, terrible segments, and absolutely terrible commentary.

It was horrible. I turned it on for 5 minutes during the HHH and Taker match, and the commentary. I think the commentary is one of the main things that drives people away.

We're used to it, but when people here those guys, they just think "Wow...this is so fake." Even I thought that hearing Jerry go "No!!!! not another pedigree, oh god!".

And by the way, I did order Wrestlemania this year, and I thought it was the worst Wrestlemania by far. Terrible, terrible show. Terrible booking, terrible segments, and absolutely terrible commentary.

You must not have ordered Wrestlemania 25 then.

I agree it was a horrible show. Not only that but my cable provider and probably others gave it at Sunday around 1pm. You would think that they would show Cena vs Miz if they were going for the whole promoting WM28, which they did at the end of the show but instead they show Triple H vs Undertaker. I dont think it was as horrible as some people say, but its not the kind of match you showcase if you're trying to draw in more fans for next years Mania.

Guys it was a four hour show cut down to a one hour show with commercial inturruptions. What did you expect? It was just a little recap to get some more attention. If you didn't see mania and were counting on this you really should have known better.

Guys it was a four hour show cut down to a one hour show with commercial inturruptions. What did you expect? It was just a little recap to get some more attention. If you didn't see mania and were counting on this you really should have known better.

I understand why it was done. That doesn't mean it didn't suck.

It sucked.

It was an hour of every thing I could care less about thats happening in the WWE right now.

The Rock's opening Promo, for a 2nd or 15th or how many ever-ith time it happened was well fucking terrible.

I wasn't excited for Triple H vs Undertaker during the build up for WM27, the match was lackluster, and if it was a straight forward match that without the "No Holds Barred" Stipulation it would have been complete shit.

The use of the interaction between Cena and Rock to build up to the match at WM28 is something I will continue to not give a shit about. Rock needs to stick to making shitty movies. Cena should stick to being the biggest name in Pro wrestling today, keep the two as far away from each other.

The NBC special sucked. They could at least make a 3 hour Wrestlemaina special for primetime since nothing is really on NBC Saturdays.

The best part is how they hype it as the "World Television Premiere of Wrestlemania 27". I know movies are edited when they air on TV, but this is outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back