Wrestlemania 33 John Cena and Sting vs Undertaker and Kane

thestud77

Occasional Pre-Show
What do you think? Since the streak ended I have no real interest in a singles match between Cena and Taker. Sting said in his interview with JBL that he hasn't had the surgery yet since having the surgery would mean he's one hundred percent done. This could be the perfect way to have Sting and Taker in the ring since Cena could take a big load off of Sting, Besides, Bret Hart "wrestled" twice when he had much more severe limitations than Sting has. This could be a mega tag match that the crowd would be really hot for. You could even set up Cena vs Taker for the following Summerslam or even next Wrestlemania in a career vs career match.

Sting is retired and Brett Hart embarrassed himself when all he could do was kick/punch and take contactless clubbing blows to the back.

No.

Why waste Cena who can give us a 5 star match in some tag team match with a guy who's retired, a guy who hasn't had a great match in years and a guy that shows up once a year.

It'd make a lot more sense simply to go with Taker vs. Cena rather than a watered down tag team match. Since Sting is in the WWE Hall of Fame, it's all but impossible that WWE will put him inside a ring again to wrestle, which is for the best considering that Sting will be 58 years old by the time WrestleMania comes around next year, and he did suffer significant injury against Seth Rollins. As for Kane, while Kane is someone that I don't think has gotten as much credit as he deserves, he's still ultimately going to be in Taker's shadow and his best days as both an attraction and having fan interest are well behind him.

Realistically, Taker doesn't have many more years left. We've been saying that for a while now, granted, but it's especially true since the streak is gone. As a result, one of the few major matches left for Taker at WrestleMania would be against John Cena. It's been well over a decade since they had a match with each other and Taker represents a legit challenge to Cena. Even though the streak is gone, this match would still draw a lot of money, much more so than simply the nostalgia of featuring a tag team match featuring Sting.

I have to say the Taker vs. Cena match really doesn't seem to make sense anymore. If the Deadman is going one more match what good would it be for him to beat or lose to Cena. It would make much more sense for Taker to put over a young talent at what should be his last Mania. Maybe Reigns and this is where he turns heel? Following the Summerslam match I would build up to a Styles - Cena clash again at WrestleMania. This card would look pretty nice on the books I think.....

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (Universal Title)
AJ Styles vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton
The Club vs. Owens/Zayn (Raw Tag Titles) - After Owens loses the Title a reunion with his old best friend could make for a nice paring.
Banks vs. Bailey (Raw Women's Title)
Nia Jax vs. Becky Lynch (Smackdown Ladies Title)
Rusev vs. Cesaro (US Title)
New Day vs. Wyatt Family (Bray, Harper, & Rowan) - Cross Branded Match

Pre-Show
Andre Battle Royal - Final 2 (Big Cass & Stroman)
Charlotte vs. Asuka

Sting is retired and Brett Hart embarrassed himself when all he could do was kick/punch and take contactless clubbing blows to the back.

Bret Hart is a stroke victim, one blow to the head could kill the guy, he should never have been allowed in the ring.

The only thing for sure about Sting, is that he's presently retired and will not be working this match. If Sting ever gets involved at a WrestleMania again, it'll be sliding a black baseball bat to a babyface, evening up the score. Nothing physical.

Undertaker vs John Cena is probably the most likely match for both men at WrestleMania 33. Goldberg is the other big possible opponent for Undertaker, but I doubt they'd put Bill in the ring with Taker.

If it were last year, and Sting never got hurt in the match with Rollins, then yeah sure this would have been the best option for everyone involved. If you want to see this match, pick up a copy of WWE 2K17 and live it out for yourself.

Bret Hart is a stroke victim, one blow to the head could kill the guy, he should never have been allowed in the ring.

This is one of the biggest exaggerations and misconceptions from the fans concerning Bret Hart's stroke in 2002. I have read just about every interview from Bret ever, his autobiography, everything written about him, etc., and Bret has NEVER said that another blow to the head would kill him.

Doctors ADVISED Bret Hart to never wrestle again because the wrong type of impact COULD cause him injury, but they never came flat out and said that wrestling again would kill him. Bret instead has said that after having the stroke, he came to realize the frailty of life and even though he was considering a comeback at the time of the stroke, he realized right then and there that life was short and there was no chance messing about in the ring anymore.

Two things retired Bret Hart:

#1 - his Lloyds of London Policy that he cashed in on after being injured by Goldberg. In fact, Lloyds of London didn't even initially believe his injury was career ending, they sent him to several doctors who had mixed opinions, and Bret Hart himself had to sue Lloyds of London in order to receive his benefits.

#2 - His body of work pre injury. Not everybody can come back and not miss a beat like Shawn Michaels. Not sure why Bret Ever agreed to do the "match" with Vince but up until then he had been asked thousands of times about wrestling again, Bret never said that wrestling again could kill him, he said that he would not be able to work at a rate that he felt acceptable to him. Case in Point - he seriously considered Kurt Angle's offer of a match in 2004, but turned it down because Bret had been out of training for years and would obviously want to be at his best for a match of that magnitude..

Bret could probably likely wrestle a proper match again if he trained intensely and got back in decent shape (He was over 250 lbs at wrestlemania) but then again Bret would have to "want" to do it and he has said that even though he did the "match" with Vince he never really felt the "pull" to keep trying to wrestle like other guys...

I have to say the Taker vs. Cena match really doesn't seem to make sense anymore. If the Deadman is going one more match what good would it be for him to beat or lose to Cena. It would make much more sense for Taker to put over a young talent at what should be his last Mania. Maybe Reigns and this is where he turns heel? Following the Summerslam match I would build up to a Styles - Cena clash again at WrestleMania. This card would look pretty nice on the books I think.....

Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (Universal Title)
AJ Styles vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton
The Club vs. Owens/Zayn (Raw Tag Titles) - After Owens loses the Title a reunion with his old best friend could make for a nice paring.
Banks vs. Bailey (Raw Women's Title)
Nia Jax vs. Becky Lynch (Smackdown Ladies Title)
Rusev vs. Cesaro (US Title)
New Day vs. Wyatt Family (Bray, Harper, & Rowan) - Cross Branded Match

Pre-Show
Andre Battle Royal - Final 2 (Big Cass & Stroman)
Charlotte vs. Asuka

Ideally, if the streak was to end, I would have preferred it to be someone like a Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor or someone along those lines. You know, someone to whom it would truly mean something. Since the streak is gone though, Taker's matches are still about making money and it'll be about getting the biggest names they can for said matches. The only way it turns out to be a younger guy, and said guy is put over, is if it's someone that WWE is REALLY behind for the long haul and trusts. As of right now, that's not Roman Reigns. Reigns will be a top player in WWE for years to come, but top officials will never potentially see him as THE guy again in my opinion because while it can be embarrassing to a wrestler's career to fail a WWE drug test, it's infinitely worse for said wrestler and it's an embarrassment for the company itself when that wrestler happens to be WWE Champion at the time. I agree that putting Reigns against Taker could be used as a means of a heel turn, one that could work if the intensity and storytelling is there.

As for the proposed card, most of it sounds pretty good to me . However, I have zero interest in watching the Clash of the Mercenaries, AKA Rock vs. Brock. I'm bored with Lesnar and have been for a while and while I'm sure Rock vs. Brock would draw, I think it'd be one piss poor bout.

I also don't think I'd be all that interested in seeing Styles vs. Cena at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship. I know it'd be a helluva match, but I also know that such a match would almost certainly result in Cena winning his 16th World Championship considering that Styles is 2-0 against Cena in 1 on 1 matches. I've enjoyed Ambrose's run as champion, so possibly having him go up against Cena could be fun and could be an interesting means of seeing how invested they are in Ambrose as a long term main eventer.

Also, pairing Zayn & Owens up anytime remotely soon just pisses all over continuity given how heated their rivalry has been in NXT and the main roster. I'm of the opinion Owens should be champ for a good long while, maybe even up to WrestleMania; I'm not even sure Finn Balor will be back in time for WrestleMania and shoehorning him into the title match just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I like the guy, don't get me wrong, but he was given a huge opportunity and he got hurt; it's nobody's fault really, but WWE gambled on him and they came up short. Also, Charlotte vs. Asuka should most definitely not be on the kickoff show if such a match did happen. Personally, I'd put Asuka on SmackDown Live, Nia Jax is on Raw, and SmackDown Live needs the star power more as it'd even things out a bit more when you consider three of the Four Horsewomen are already on Raw.

Um, wow, interesting read, thanks. I never knew Angle asked him for a match in 2004, that would have been epic. But a better time would have been 2001 when Angle was just getting really good and Hart was younger.

Bret could probably likely wrestle a proper match again if he trained intensely and got back in decent shape (He was over 250 lbs at wrestlemania) but then again Bret would have to "want" to do it and he has said that even though he did the "match" with Vince he never really felt the "pull" to keep trying to wrestle like other guys...

Bret will/could not wrestle a match again to his previous standards, you can see his 'claw grip' which is an effect of a stroke & he also had post-concussion syndrome which cpntibuted towards his stroke after the bike accident.

Bret Hart would not pass WWE tests. Even attempting to do them would be crazy in his condition.

Give me Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania. It's long overdue.

There's the perfect storyline behind it: Undertaker goes after Cena, the face of the company for the past decade, in order to restore his broken legacy, after the streak died.

Undertaker wants to prove that he has what it takes, that he's still the Phenom and that his legacy isn't dead. He either beats Cena, or loses and never wrestles again.

That's your story right there.

Any other match for Undertaker at this point really doesn't do it for me.

It'd make a lot more sense simply to go with Taker vs. Cena rather than a watered down tag team match. Since Sting is in the WWE Hall of Fame, it's all but impossible that WWE will put him inside a ring again to wrestle, which is for the best considering that Sting will be 58 years old by the time WrestleMania comes around next year, and he did suffer significant injury against Seth Rollins. As for Kane, while Kane is someone that I don't think has gotten as much credit as he deserves, he's still ultimately going to be in Taker's shadow and his best days as both an attraction and having fan interest are well behind him.

Realistically, Taker doesn't have many more years left. We've been saying that for a while now, granted, but it's especially true since the streak is gone. As a result, one of the few major matches left for Taker at WrestleMania would be against John Cena. It's been well over a decade since they had a match with each other and Taker represents a legit challenge to Cena. Even though the streak is gone, this match would still draw a lot of money, much more so than simply the nostalgia of featuring a tag team match featuring Sting.

I can't see WWE clearing Sting.

As for Taker vs. Cena, if there is a time to do it, the time is now. Now that WWE got other stars in The Shield, AJ, Owens to occupy the main event picture at WM, Cena can do matches like Cena vs. Taker.

Yeah, fans definitely want to see this match. I can only imagine the suspense it cause if the match was booked as a Career vs. Career match.

I wouldn't rule out Undertaker v John Cena.

At this stage in his career I think it would be booked as Undertaker's WrestleMania farewell with him retiring at Survivor Series, the PPV where his career started.

If John Cena was to defeat Undertaker in his 25th & final match then it would have John Cena & Brock Lesnar as the only two guys to defeat The Phenom at WrestleMania, it wouldn't surprise me if WWE were to use this as enough reason to have John Cena v Brock Lesnar at the following WrestleMania.

The tag match suggestion from OP is a nice match for WWE 2K17 but it wouldn't make much business sense. Regardless what stage in their careers, a tag match with 4 legends (Kane is a legend, :shrug: LOL) at the grandest stage would be a waste of a talent.

If Sting never retired, I would still like to have him face the Undertaker. Would the match suck? Yes. But it would've been nice to watch two legends go at it. I can say the same for Cena.

As for Kane, a swan song match with Barin Corbin would be a fitting end to his career. HE started off as the monster and became that veteran guy putting over talent. Pass the torch to the next big man. Either him or Big Cass works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back