• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28 in Philadelphia?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Next years Wrestlemania win be in the city of Atlanta, the former homebase of World Championship Wrestling. And at next years WWE hall of fame the night before Wrestlemania 27 it will be a WCW themed event due to the fact that there in Atlanta, and to rub that fact in TNA's (aka the-would-be-WCW 2.0) faces.

So now that TNA is going the ECW route with their company. Will that mean that the WWE will hold next year's Wrestlemania in the city of Philadelphia? The former home of Extreme Championship Wrestling. The WWE is no stranger to hold a Wrestlemania in Philly (WM 15). But with the WWE hall of fame the night before Wrestlemania 28. Who would the WWE induct into that years hall of fame if the "E" were to a ECW theme? Tommy Dreamer (if he isn't under a TNA contract)? Tazz (same reason)? Or they can induct Paul Heyman if so?

I actually thought WM 28 was gonna be in Toronto, but things can change.

Well, the best ECW stars are in TNA, so unless they quit TNA in the next 2 years, then they won't get inducted.

I can't really tell who will be in the HoF in 2 years cause, it's too far ahead. But I'll try.

Paul Hetman
RVD ? (If he quits TNA)
Uhmm...The Dudleys.
I have no idea who else, I don't really watch ECW. ;S

I see what your saying as far as an ECW theme... but where in Philly can they do WM? To my knowledge theres no large indoor arena and i doubt they'd do it in the Wachovia Center as its too small.

I honestly don't believe the WWE can induct any ECW originals. Keep in mind that after all it is the WWE Hall of Fame. I know there have been past inductees who haven't made a big impact on WWE programming being inducted but ECW is too recent to be inducted without having a role in WWE. Only people I think deserve to be inducted are Taz and Mick Foley but both of them are with TNA. I really don't think RVD deserves to be inducted. If he is that would be a slap in the face of every main event wrestler during he Attitude Era. I also seriously doubt WWE would induct Heyman since he is still involved with UFC. WWE claims UFC is not competition for them but it would basically be like inducting Vince Russo or Eric Bischoff. There simply are not enough people who the WWE would induct to have N ECW theme induction ceremony.

I am from Philadelphia, and there are two places that Wrestlemania could be done. One being Citizens Bank Park, home of the Phillies. But usually when it's Mania time, that's when baseball season starts so that might not work, However if they do it in late March, it could work like WM 19 worked at Safeco Field in Seattle where the Mariners play.

Option two would be the larger capacity building of the two, and that's Lincoln Financial Field. The last outdoor WM was WM 24 in Orlando, at The Orange Bowl, so WM is no stranger to a football stadium. It would work in Philly too, weather permitting.

I would love to see WM in Philly...that is drive-able for me, I would have to find a way to make it!

I'm thinking the whole ECW thing has been milked for all it is worth and then some. This latest TNA retread...I just hope it is going somewhere other than nostalgia. Not many who you would consider true ECWers, not WWE superstars who got their feet wet in ECW, really impacted WWE enough to warrant a Hall of Fame bid...you never know in wrestling, but I am thinking that Vince would have to be well out of ideas for any of them (Sabu, Dreamer, RVD, Tazz...) to be inducted.

I'd say Paul Heyman, Sandman, Sabu and maybe Tazz if he is done with TNA by that time.
I dont think RVD and Tommy Dreamer would be inducted yet.
RVD is signed with TNA, but even if he wasnt I wouldnt see him getting inducted for another 5-6 years. RVD doesnt have enough experience to be in the HOF.
Tommy Dreamer.....Does anyone in the WWE even miss this guy. Yeah sure he was great in ECW, but I still wouldn't see him getting inducted for another couple of years. I think it'll take 2 years after RVD gets inducted before Dreamer does,

I see what your saying as far as an ECW theme... but where in Philly can they do WM? To my knowledge theres no large indoor arena and i doubt they'd do it in the Wachovia Center as its too small.

I may be wrong but wasnt WM 15ish in Philly, and i am pretty sure it was in the Wachovia Center. They do seem to be using bigger arenas now days though but i dont think it would be unprecedented to have it in the Wachovia center.

But i like the idea of Citizens Bank Park, i always though baseball stadiums would be better then football stadiums for WM. The huge ramp whenever they do WM in a big stadium irritates me.

i don't care much for the ecw hof thing, but i would love for it to be in philly. Than I can finally go. But as many have said, their is no indoor huge arenas. Maybe if they can have at citizens bank park or lincoln finacial field. But that maybe too cold. Maybe they could build a bigger spectrum soon. Then that would be perfect.

i think these ECW wrestlers will be inducted when they retire...like quit wrestling for ever...and some of them just can't call it quits so it might be in a long time yet..maybe when they're in their 50's or 60's...

28 should be in toronto...the sky will be lit again!!

Well, it won't be in Philadelphia, that much is certain. They're done with little arenas and there is NO CHANCE they're going to do an outdoor wrestling event in Philadelphia in March/April. The average temperature that time of year is in the 40s. No chance whatsoever.

And the "WCW theme" for the HOF is pure speculation at this point. There's a rumor going around that they want Ultimate Warrior to be the big name. There might be a couple of WCW guys, but it doesn't sound like that's going to be the overwhelming theme. And there's a big difference between WCW and ECW. That being WCW mattered. They had Hall of Famers. ECW didn't. The only one that's remotely close to worthy is currently the World champion for WWE's rival. (well, he was the last time I knew anyway)

So, no all around. No to Philadelphia, no to ECW, no to everything.

Where will Wrestlemania 28 be held? Toronto was rumored as a candidate awhile ago. Vancouver is interested in hosting Wrestlemania in the near future. Either one would make sense with Bret around now...I'm sure Jerry Jones will want to have Wrestlemania at Cowboy Stadium at some point since everything else is going there. Indianapolis was a rumored host of WM 27 before Atlanta got it, so I'm sure they're up there as well.

I don't see this happening at all. One reason is most of those guys are in TNA now and usually, with the exception of maybe Stone Cold, guys don't get inducted till after they have retired for a few years. Also, they aren't going to have a WM outside in Philly, just too cold on average, so that leaves the Wachovia Center and although it did hold WM 15, most are being held in bigger stadiums with the exception of like Madison Square Garden and the Allstate Arena in Chicago.

As far as other locations for WM 28 I've heard alot of discussion about it being in Toronto and I'd be ok with that because they always have good crowds but they did have WM 18. I really want it to be in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium being that it would be 20 years since the last WM that was in Indy and could potientially be Undertaker's 20-0 and last WM. If its there I'm going for sure and spending money to get good seats! It was rumored for a long time to be getting WM 27 and I feel like Atlanta kind of came out of nowhere.

I, for one, would love to have WrestleMania at Philly. I’m about 15 – 20 minutes away and I missed WM XV. As for the whole ECW Theme, I don’t care either way. It would be great, but it wouldn’t be an issue if it’s not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back