• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 19,17, or 22 ?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Vince Mcmahon has only wrestled three times on the grandest stage of them all. Which leads me to ask the question, what was his best match at wrestlemania ?
wrestlemania 17: The good old father VS son rivarly. The street fight between Vince and Shane was proably the most entertaining of the three. Linda kicking Vince in the grapefruits was something to laugh about for days.
Wrestlemania 19: Who created Hulkamania? A question that led to the epic encounter at mania 19. Vince and Hogan managed to put on a pretty good match. Hogan of course made the usual superman comeback after getting whacked with a led pipe by Rowdy Piper. Seeing Hogan and Mcmahon wrestle each other was just classic. I mean seriously who didn't want to see this Wrestlemania 22: After castraiting HBK of his dignity, Shawn and Vince went at it in yet another street fight at mania 22. HBK taking Vince's Muscle And Fitness cover, and whacking him over the head with it, Shane joining the kiss my ass club, or HBK destroying the entrie Spirit Squad with a meagaphone all are memorable moments from that match. I know must people will ay the elbow drop from the ladder, but HBK has done so many impressive moves from a top a ladder, it's hard to say this was his best one. My personal favorite is the match he had with Shawn at mania 22 there were so many great spots in that match. Plus this was proably JR's best commentary ever. So what's your favorite mania match from the chairmain of WWE ?

well for me i will say Vince VS Shane it had a way better story behind it. him purchasing WCW under Vinces shoes him fighting for his mom after the things Vince did to her. him fighting for his own morals. the match was way better then given credit for. Shane and his coast to coast was sweet. or like you said Vince getting kicked in the grapefruits. that still makes me laugh to this day. Hogan and Vince was good but with as much hype they put into it it just seem like it came up little short. HBK and Vince was another good match but there was really not to much depth behind why Vince turned on Shawn. so i took the one that delievered the best match and story together.

i will go with Shane and Vince it had a way better story behind it and the match was better then given credit for. Shane purchase of WCW was great or him fighting for his mom. Vince getting kicked in the nuts was what makes me still laugh to this day. because the look on Vince face was epic. Shane and his coast to coast was one of the best moves i have seen. Vince and Hogan was good match but with all the hype it seem to come up a little short. and HBK and Vince was good but no depth to story. so i took the most well told match and storyline.
my next fight for Vince at Mania would be Taker or Austin or Cena

I agree I like the Shane and Vince match especially seeing that Shane did RVD's move for the 1st time. I was there for HBK and Vince but Edge and Foley match stand out more to me than Vince and HBK.

I'll go with Shane vS Vince seeing as both are not pure wrestlers in the general sense & manage to pull off a great match which says alot about what good wrestlers they might have been if they didn't have the name McMahon.

I have to go with Vince vs. Shane. Something just doesn't sit right with me seeing Vince wrestle Hogan or Michaels at WrestleMania. We've seen Hogan beat Andre, Savage, Sid, etc. He's battled Warrior and Rock. Now he was fighting the announcer. Same goes for HBK. Of course I realize Mr. McMahon is far from the announcer he used to be, but I think you get my point. Don't get me wrong, these matches delivered. They were all good. I just think Vince vs. Shane is more believable. I was there for Vince vs. Shane. I loved it when Linda stood up out of that chair to confront Vince. The Astordome erupted. That was one of the loudest pops I've ever heard and trust me tv doesn't do it justice.

I'm going with Vince vs. Hogan. You can take the whole WCW storyline but I'll take the dispute over who created Hulkamania. Vince held a grudge against Hogan because he almost put him out of business and the buildup was great. The match was the same if not better than the Vince/Shane match. Didn't really like Piper interfering but the match was still great so it didn't bother me too much.

Hogan vs Vince all the fucken way that match was my 2nd favorite match and my favorite from WM 19 it was so amazing you thought it would suck due to old men fighting but the leg drop from the ladder all the way to the blood dripping.This match was insane and i watch it to this day like 3 times in a night thats how good this match is

Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon takes the cake!
The magnitude of that storyline was much bigger than Vince vs Shane and Vince vs HBK put together!
And the psychology in the Hogan vs Vince match was awesome!
It was also easily the most entertaining match of the three!!

yeah i agree Hogan vs McMahon was the biggest of the three just by the story behind it
Vince's greatest creation goes head to head with his boss on the stage that Vince built and Hulkamania made famous.

next woulda been Shane vs Vince, just the magnitude of that WrestleMania in general, most matches were top notch and Shane and Vince put on a decent match too bad side is that we'd seen the McMahons fued with each other countless times b4 and would do countless times after so it wasn't a big suprise, other than Linda kicking Vince in the nuts and Trish bitch slapping him.

HBK vs McMahon was good on paper but it was completely one sided. with HBK doing all the work.

One thing you have give Vince props for, he has no problems with VInce "the character" looking like a complete fool on TV.

Hogan and Vince takes the prize!

It was a storyline that had buildup,tension and about 20 years of story that could be unleished. As a previous poster said i think the magnitude of this storyline is much bigger that vince and hbk and vince and shane put together. You could feel like vince and hogan reely dispised each other and this led to one of WM19s most exciting matches.(and that was a damm good WM)

Mr. McMahon Vs. Hulk Hogan-Wrestlemania 19

Why? Because this match rocked everyones socks. from the return of piper to the match itself, to the buildup, history, and everything else, this supercedes the other 2. all 3 are very good, but you can't beat hogan Vs. vince.

Maybe this is being biased, but to me it's WM 17. Father vs Son and as well my favorite Wrestlemania ever and also in what I see as the end of the Attitude Era.

For me it definitely has to be Wrestlemania 17. Both the other matches were massive and both featured a great story going in to them but I think WM 17 just clinches it.

Now I may be biased as at the time I was still young and quite a bit of a mark, but I was just so in to this storyline. It had been building for month with Vince firing Foley as Commisioner, drugging Linda and beggining an affair with Trish. He was being pure evil, then just as he felt he had secured the deal to sign WCW, Shane came along and punished him for destroying their family.

The match itself was pretty entertaning too with Shane securing some big spots (Coast to Coast and the elbow drop through the announce table) there were also some nice little twists during the match when Trish slapped Vince and Foley having to take care of the cat fight between Trish and Steph.

I mean storyline wise, this had everything and considering neither man was a proper wrestler the match itself was pretty solid. And then, at the end of the match where it looked like Vince would finally destroy Shane, Linda got out of the fucking chair. I marked out like mad.

To me this match and storyline definitely take it over Vince's two other Wrestlemania showings and truely is one of my all time favourite memories from my childhood wrestling fandom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back