• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you pay to see this match again?

So now that Matt hardy has finally been released from WWE he will most likely go to TNA. TNA also has Team 3D AKA the Dudley boys. So the question is would you pay to see another Team 3D (dudleys) vs Hardy Boyz feud?

Now, before anyone says it i know that right now Jeff has turned heel and i also know that theres a good chance there about to brake up team 3D. BUT, ignore all of that for now and just think if another feud between these two tag teams would sell?

Probably not, neither team is anywhere near what they were back in the early 2000s. Matt and Jeff were never really good at anything but high spots(aside from Matt being a little more technical oriented) and The Dudleyz are past their prime as a team.

A match between these two teams would not nearly be what it should if you wanted to call it a rematch.

No I wouldn't pay to see it, and no it won't happen. reason 1, Team 3D are retiring as a tag team. and reason 2- Jeff Hardy is the World Champion, he wouldn't tag with his brother, who if he goes to TNA, will probably will go for the X Division title, or TV title.

Seeing as TNA is trying to move away from the "WWE/WCW re-run" tag a lot of fans have given it, I can't see them ever doing this match. Plus it wouldn't be helped by the fact that both Hardy's have piled on the weight and years of nagging injuries have caught up to them. And Bubba seems to have been eating houses for a snack.

Although, honestly, I'd rather they went this way then take a chance on having Matt feud with Jeff over the TNA title as the idea Matt could even have a shot at getting the TNA title scares the shit out of me.

No I wouldn't, dudley boys are retiring because they know they can't cut it in the ring anymore although I'm sure theyre last match against MCMG will be pretty awesome becasue its their last match and they are going to work hard on it and secondly because MCMG are in it. Add that to the fact that hardy boys are nowhere near as good as they once were (jumped off a few too many roofs in their time) and that it wouldn't fir into the current storylines. Honestly no I would not, I'd watch it if it was on, but i wouldn't pay to see it

While the easy answer is no, I think that this is a possibility:

Yes Team 3D said they're done. I don't know the contract situation but I'm assuming that they are still signed. They might do the singles route as speculated/reported here on WZ. But there is no gaurantee that it will be a sucessful move.

With Jeff, he is the TNA Champ as of now, which I think is the 14th Sign of the TNA Apocalypse but I lost count. BUT he won't be champ forever, so in about 3 months time it is highly possible that he will lose the strap.

Matt has the standard non-compete 90 days, so he could arrive right around the time that Hardy loses the Title. They can either have him cost Jeff the belt, going into a feud that can lead into an eventual Title feud. Or if the heel things fails in 3 months, Matt can be Jeff's backup if/when Jeff gets jumped out of Hogan's Supergroup (the NO!-W-O).

Making the idea of a Dudley v. Hardy re-hash very possible, might not be probable...but possible. Would I pay to see it? Well since I don't "pay" for anything TNA, no. Would I WANT to see it, no.

And for the poster who said that TNA is moving away from the "'WWE/WCW re-run tag'", I don't see how that is the case when just last week they recreated "Bash at the Beach", Thursday they formed a Hogan lead heel supergroup, AND Hulk went back to 'Hollywood'.

Yet this is TNA, so by moving away from something by rehashing it rather poorly is quite logical in their thinking.

i doubt it will be team3d but if the heel jeff hardy fails and we see tna version of the hardy boys i think it would be cool to see the hardys vs mcmg

Seeing them one more time would be the same as seeing the ECW guys one more time. For nostalga sake, maybe, but I wouldn't pay for it. I'd would rather remember them for what they did in their prime.

I'd see it if they made a TLC (Metal Mayhem) and added MCMG or Generation Me. Like previously stated, they were only fun to watch fall through like 6 tables from high altitudes, and we're all kind of worried what that could do longer term for Matt Hardy or Team 3D. I don't want an old man get crippled on live tv. But if they can pull it off and go like they used to, go for it, I'd watch.

Meh I would if it was a 3 way tag or 4 way, because Team 3D and the Hardyz are no where near what they were... *especially Team 3D although they are still quite healthy for a team thats won twenty-what ever tag titles*. If it was Beer Money vs MCMG vs Hardyz vs Team 3D in a TLC match or Ultimate X *=/* then I would pay yes.

No. The reason being, no Edge and Christian. Even if they were in the match, still no. These guys are to fat (3D and Hardyz) to pull off another TLC. They're too old and I'm sure both tag teams wouldn't want to rip off the history of their previous matches. TNA are trying to move away from such things as recreating an old WWE storyline. Besides, I'd much rather see a TLC three way consisting of Gen me, MCMG, and Beer Money. That's the only was I'd repay to see it. but doing team 3-D vs Hardyz again would just be an embarrassment of a match and would harm both teams extremely. Besides, by the time Matt gets there after 90 days, I'm sure 3D would have already retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back