• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you pay membership for a MK online?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Okay so there are many of franchises that eventually turn their games into a MMO style game that allows many gamers to create characters and play as them throughout the world of that games' "legacy" I guess for lack of a better word. Some games like Dragon Ball Online [Overseas], DC Universe Online, Champions Online [or City of Heroes/Villains], and even Elder Scrolls Online.

These are all games that have their own titles or fan bases, but expand further when they allow for people to create their own characters and have them basically tie in with the current story arches or just give them a new story.

So my question is, would a Mortal Kombat Online game work the same way? And if so, would it work better as a console or a PC game?

Personally, I think a console version of the game could work wonders. I would say add the Kreate a Fighter mode from [i think] Armageddon and expand off of that. Place the player in one of the MK realms around the time of Liu Kang's first MK tournament and go from there. I have personally been waiting and hoping for something like this to come about, and if WB didn't have a problem using DC to do it then why not MK?

Fighting games, wouldn't work in a MMO type game, Fighting games ala Mortal Kombat are more suited to Xbox and PS3, it lends itself to much more of a jump on play a match and leave, not a story driven game like MMO.

I don't know much about MMORPGs, so I'm not really an expert or anything, but an MK RPG would (and imo has) RULE(d)!

I don't know if any of you remember Mortal Kombat Deception (PS2)? It had a Konquest mode, which was an actioney-RPG type thing. I was hooked like a MF, although, I AM a huge MK fan so I might be biased. But as I remember, it was pretty fun, and I always wanted to see one based one Liu Kang's exploits. Hell, even a longer version of Konquest would be awesome!

As for MMO, I think it could definitely work. I mean, there are enough different realms and worlds in the MK lore to create a rich experience for anyone, regardless of what you're into. So yeah, I think it'd be awesome!

While Mortal Kombat has the backstory, the lore and the characters to pull it off in that department, it's going to be a huge change of pace if they suddenly make an MMO. Neatherrealm are renowned for their fighting games, nothing else.

That being said, considering I'm a massive MK fan, I'd probably pay for membership. It'll probably just be an average MMO tbh, nothing special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back