• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you bring Tyler Black to TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
tyler-black.jpg

I think this guy could easily vault to success with TNA.

Call me crazy, but I see him being the new "CM Punk" type guy that TNA could bring in and really give a good push to.

I'm not sure what his contractual obligations are to ROH right now, but the WWE is reportedly looking at a lot of ROH talent right now to bring in, including Black, and I'd hate to lose out on a guy that valuable – who I actually wish they brought in months back when the frontline story was still relevant – to a company that will probably just bury him on ECW.

I'd actually love to bring Black in with Raven somehow, as a part of a new version of the flock.

Thoughts?

TNA? How about WWE? This guy is good, I mean, he's fucking good. He's got the wrestling ability, he's got the look, and in my opinion, he's pretty damn good on the mic. I could see him feuding with guys like Shawn Michaels or CM Punk. There's just a tremendous amount of success there.

Yes, TNA. That's why it was posted in the TNA section, and not in the WWE section.

Read my post again. I was very clear about why I didn't want to see him go to WWE.

In part because I hate the WWE right now, and have a very difficult time actually watching the show, but also because I don't want to see the kid get buried by having to job to William Regal on ECW.

TNA would be able to give him a much better springboard to stardom – just like they've done with Nigel McGuinness (Desmond Wolfe).

He has all the keys. Athletic, awesome look, good worker - if McGuiness can be a success theres no reason why Black couldn't. Saying that, not everyone can receive that kind of push.

I can't see him moving until he gets a ROH title run. And there is a reason why he hasn't. If he can get past that and realise the potential that he has then he can make it in WWE or TNA. But I'd prefer to see him shine on iMPACT rather than ECW.

Yes, I would absolutely bring Tyler Black into TNA. He is a fun and exciting wrestler with talent, and in TNA he would have an opportunity to develop and grow into a top level wrestler. If he were to be brought into the WWE, he may never get out of the lower to mid card level. At this time it is very clear that WWE has a difficult time pushing guys past mid level status. In TNA at least Tyler Black could come in and run a nice program right out of the gate, and make an impression immediately. (much like Desmond Wolfe has with Kurt Angle) In WWE, I fear he would be forgotten too quickly and buried.

This thread hurts my head. Not because it's about Black. I like Black. But some of the things you're saying are just silly.

You see him as a new CM Punk kind of guy? Why, because he looks kind of similar to Punk? Or because he has a completely different style than Punk and only an ounce of the mic skills and character that Punk has. Either way, not a great comparison.

You'd hate to see him go to the WWE, specifically ECW? Why? Can you name the most successful ROH alumni (in North America) and the brand he started on? If you guessed CM Punk on ECW, you're correct.

The most successful ROH alumni in TNA is Joe (Styles doesn't count, because he made a name for himself long before ROH). And compare Joe after TNA booked him for a few years, to Joe when he was fresh off his stint in ROH. TNA (and Joe's decrease in quality) have actually negatively effected Joe's appeal and fanbase.

I shouldn't even need to mention how they've booked other ROH talent like Aries, Homicide, Jimmy Rave or LowKi.And this is where you want to send more ROH talent?

I know you're probably about to mention Nigel and the push he's getting again, but really, Nigel and Black are leagues apart. Both are talented, but Nigel's been in the business a lot longer, has proven more reliable, and has all the things necessary to become a big star. Black is only 23 years old and still has a lot of work to do and things to learn.

You know what would help Black learn and improve? Going to ECW and jobbing to guys like Regal, Christian, Helms, and Goldust. He's still got 20 years of career left in him. It's not going to kill his career if he does jobs in the WWE for a few years.

And lastly, you say that your big plan for Black in TNA would be to put him in a new Raven's Flock? That's just dumb. When Black made his debut in ROH 2 years ago, he was in the exact same role in the Age of the Fall. So you think the best thing to move his career forward would be to send him back in time two years? I don't get it.

I've never really thought about TNA bringing in Tyler Black. But that would be a great idea. I believe he would add to the fast paced style that we all loved and want from TNA. I think he would be able to hold the title within 18 months of debuting. He could pull of several good matches with Joe, Styles, Angle. Knowing TNA they would give him some lame name though.

This thread hurts my head. Not because it's about Black. I like Black. But some of the things you're saying are just silly.

You see him as a new CM Punk kind of guy? Why, because he looks kind of similar to Punk? Or because he has a completely different style than Punk and only an ounce of the mic skills and character that Punk has. Either way, not a great comparison.

No, because CM Punk vaulted into success after getting a very big push from the WWE, despite starting from scratch on ECW. It has nothing to do with how he looks. I don't care if Black had a Pepsi logo tattooed on his upper shoulder, it had nothing to do with his look or his style – it had everything to do with the fact that I wanted to see Black get a similar push.

You'd hate to see him go to the WWE, specifically ECW? Why? Can you name the most successful ROH alumni (in North America) and the brand he started on? If you guessed CM Punk on ECW, you're correct.

Because ECW then was a different animal. It didn't have Christian, and the Regal faction eating up half the show. It was a purely developmental league when he was there. He'd be buried there, now.

I shouldn't even need to mention how they've booked other ROH talent like Aries, Homicide, Jimmy Rave or LowKi.And this is where you want to send more ROH talent?

Send more ROH talent? I'm not "sending" the guy anywhere. TNA has a national television contract. ROH broadcasts on a channel most of the major cable companies dropped. This isn't about what's best for ROH as a development league, it's about what's best for TNA, and subsequently what's best for Tyler Black.

You know what would help Black learn and improve? Going to ECW and jobbing to guys like Regal, Christian, Helms, and Goldust. He's still got 20 years of career left in him. It's not going to kill his career if he does jobs in the WWE for a few years.

It doesn't have to kill his career for it not to help it any either. Treading water isn't progress.

And lastly, you say that your big plan for Black in TNA would be to put him in a new Raven's Flock? That's just dumb. When Black made his debut in ROH 2 years ago, he was in the exact same role in the Age of the Fall. So you think the best thing to move his career forward would be to send him back in time two years? I don't get it.

And Age of the Fall is exactly why I thought Raven's flock would be good for him. Look what Serotonin did for Kaz. Why is it automatically a step backwards just because it's done in a new promotion?

Was Evolution a step backwards for Flair, just because he had done the 4 Horsemen prior in WCW?

No, because CM Punk vaulted into success after getting a very big push from the WWE, despite starting from scratch on ECW. It has nothing to do with how he looks. I don't care if Black had a Pepsi logo tattooed on his upper shoulder, it had nothing to do with his look or his style – it had everything to do with the fact that I wanted to see Black get a similar push.

Punk signed with the WWE in 2005, spent a year in development, and then rose up the mid-card for two years. But then you cite Nigel's instant TNA megapush as a reason why Black should end up there?

So I don't get it, which do you want to see for Black? A few years of jobbing and establishing himself like Punk? Or a mega push like Nigel?

Because ECW then was a different animal. It didn't have Christian, and the Regal faction eating up half the show. It was a purely developmental league when he was there. He'd be buried there, now.

Well yeah, it is different now, but not in the way you say it is. When Punk rose through ECW he had RVD, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Lashley, Sabu, Sandman, Test, Hardcore Holly, and a bunch of other new guys to compete for time over. Plus, they spent 5 minutes on Kelly Kelly stripping each week.

Now, ECW has Christian and Regal, plus a bunch of new guys. Black would have a much easier time standing out now then he would in 06/07.

Send more ROH talent? I'm not "sending" the guy anywhere. TNA has a national television contract. ROH broadcasts on a channel most of the major cable companies dropped. This isn't about what's best for ROH as a development league, it's about what's best for TNA, and subsequently what's best for Tyler Black.

But he wouldn't have any effect TNA's already crowded roster, and he would just fade away like almost all ROH guys have there.

It doesn't have to kill his career for it not to help it any either. Treading water isn't progress.

Which is a good reason for him to not go to TNA. The entire roster has been treading water for years now. The best most TNA stars see is an x-division push, and then a return to jobber status.

And Age of the Fall is exactly why I thought Raven's flock would be good for him. Look what Serotonin did for Kaz. Why is it automatically a step backwards just because it's done in a new promotion?

Was Evolution a step backwards for Flair, just because he had done the 4 Horsemen prior in WCW?

Kaz got a decent push then suddenly got de-railed and put under a mask, then got another decent push as Suicide and now is so frustrated with the company that he asked for his release a couple of weeks ago. Again, this is the success you wish on Black? I'm sure he appreciates that.

And Flair in Evolution was not the same thing because 1) the formation of the faction was written around the fact that he'd been in a similar faction before, 2) He was an aging star, not a 23 year old with a promising ahead of him, and 3) He'd spent the previous 5-10 years running his career in the ground in WCW, so nothing he did could be considered a step back.

Not yet. He doesn't have the experience in ROH yet to be brought in. Given another year of seasoning in ROH and maybe, but right now he's just not ready for it. He has the tools there, but he's not ready for a jump like that yet. TNA is rapidly becoming the big time, and while someone like McGuinness can make the jump that fast, not everyone can. Nigel had a ton of seasoning in ROH, the minor league organization, before jumping to the big time. That's the big thing with Black: he's been hot for awhile, but he's a medium sized fish in a small pond. Once he grows a lot there and learns how to be a pro wrestler and not just a great in ring competitor, then shoot him up to TNA or WWE. The biggest problem with guys like these are people that they're brought up way too fast, which I think would be the problem with Black. He's 23 years old. 2-3 more years of work in the minor leagues isn't going to kill him at all. Adding on more experience and maturity and then I'd love to see him make the jump with his natural skills being there already.

As much as I want him to be successful and go to tna and or wwe. I want him to actually win the roh world title and establish him self more. But if he did sign with wwe or tna tomorrow I would not have a problem with it because 1) he gets paid and be a little bit successful. 2) what ever he does in either company rather be jobbing or whatever it would be relatively new. 3) we finally would get to see him on tv.

From what I've heard of the ROH die-hards, he is a great performer, and would work well in the 6-sided ring. He certainly has a good look to play either a face or a heel, and TNA could really use a heel in their X Division right now (shameless thread plug!)...

Not yet. He doesn't have the experience in ROH yet to be brought in.

...but, if KB is saying this, I have to say he's not ready. Danielson and McGuiness are such great moves because we know them, and they have an established fan base. It wouldn't be wise on TNA's part to bring in someone that green...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back