Would you be interested in an NXT Championship Match at Night of Champions?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
This isn't a rumor, or speculation or anything like that - just an idea I had that might add a little flair to the upcoming Night of Champions PPV, and simultaneously boost the developmental program.

Night of Champions is supposed to be the PPV where all the titles in WWE are on the line. Obviously we all know that NXT doesn't really "count", but I thought it would be interesting if WWE decided to allow one title from NXT to be defended at the event, to showcase NXT on the WWE Network, and give the champion some real main event exposure and experience working in front of 15,000+ fans on live PPV.

Would this be something you'd be interested in seeing?

Sure, why not? It'd be a great way to give a couple of guys some exposure in front of a real crowd to see how they react. The crowd is going to love Neville after they see the shit he does, have him beat that Breeze douche in a ten minute match and give the crowd a taste of what's to come.

Yes, I would actually. Night of Champions used to be a very special event. Back when we had up to 8 title matches on the same show it made this event one that I always looked forward to. Now something feels like it's missing from the show that at one point could have become the biggest show outside of the Big 4. If you add the NXT Champions to the show not only does it give them a chance to showcase themselves on a main roster event, it helps add something to the event while also gaining interest in the NXT product.

Without NXT Champions being on the card we'll likely get:

1. World Heavyweight Championship match
2. Divas Championship match
3. Intercontinental Championship match
4. US Championship match
5. Tag Team Championship match
6. Pointless non-title filler no one cares about #1
7. Pointless non-title filler no one cares about #2

With NXT participation we get:

1. World Heavyweight Championship match
2. Divas Championship match
3. Intercontinental Championship match
4. US Championship match
5. Tag Team Championship match
6. NXT Championship match
7. NXT Womens Championship match
8. NXT Tag Team Championship match

Give me the second of these two options any day. It would truly be a memorable event. It beats having to deal with idiotic non-title filler like Miz VS Fanango from last year.

I wouldnt be interested in seeing every NXT title just the main one. However, if its going to work they need to give them 10-15 at the bare minimum, i'd rather 15-20.

While we're at it surely its gotta be time to bring in a Main roster contract match at either MITB or WM(preferably)

It's a really good idea. They'd bill it the way they present NXT itself; as a way to see tomorrow's stars today, even if you've never seen the junior show before.

There would be a captive audience to inspire interest in the up-and-comers whom many of the regular WWE fans have never seen before....and many haven't even heard of.

The two guys who wrestle would be the best NXT has to offer....and they'd surely be sky-high for the chance to wrestle in a big time setting like this. We'd be getting the very best they have to offer.

In the events that follow Night of Champions, if we suddenly start to see signs calling for the guys who performed in the show, we'd know WWE had broken through in launching this new concept. Yet, there's nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Great idea.

6. Pointless non-title filler no one cares about #1
7. Pointless non-title filler no one cares about #2

Just wondering, as the two non-title matches are likely to be Jericho v Wyatt III and Reigns v Orton/HHH, do you see those two as pointless filler matches?

Anyway, I'm all for this idea. It helps generate more understanding and hype for NXT by giving those guys a chance to put on a great match and it may even mean more to people when those guys finally come up from NXT. I can't see it happening though.

Takeover II is gonna be their "Night Of Champions", but this would've been a great idea. I think it would be cool though if The Ascension lose the NXT Tag Team belts to Sin Cara & Kalisto at Takeover II, 10 days later, a Gauntlet match is booked for the WWE Tag Team Titles at Night Of Champions, The Usos manage to outlast Stardust & Goldust, Harper & Rowan, Rybaxel, and The Slater Gators, then The Ascension's music hits and they're the last team to enter the Gauntlet, and they go on to eliminate The Usos and win the WWE Tag Team Titles.

Not at all. NXT is a developmental and should be treated as such. We should see these guys on the main roster until they are ready. Also, if they are having a match on PPV then surely you have to build these matches on TV. At that point they are main-roster talents.
Finally, the vast majority of WWE fans don't watch NXT meaning these matches would bear very little interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back