• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would WCW/ECW have done a better job with the merger? (Dream Matches)

CKDaimen

Pre-Show Stalwart
This thread is more than about if WCW and ECW would have won the competition for Pro Wrestling supremacy…it’s about what would they have done with dream matches. I was just in a thread about matches that we will never see, and when you really think about it, I’m sure everybody can comprise a very long list. But think about it…doesn’t that suck? Doesn’t it suck that there are SO MANY matches we never got, and never will get to see? And when you think about it, isn’t the fact that most of those matches should have been VERY POSSSIBLE the worst part? This all started with the WWE Invasion storyline. At the time, we thought it was about to be the best time in WWE history and maybe Pro Wrestling history. Imagine the possibilities….Well, you don’t need me to tell you that it was a big disappointment. The WWE not only dropped the ball on acquiring certain talent, but in one way or another, they scared off a lot of talent as well. It became obvious to a lot of people that WWE was a place for Vince’s boys and not outsiders. My question in this thread is this…..if WCW or ECW would have took over Pro Wrestling, would we have seen more dream matches? Would they have handled the merger better?

First off, I think WCW would have done better. They don’t hold back talent from other places. Specifically, from the WWE. I mean, for God’s sakes look at what they did with Hulk Hogan. They handed him the entire company. I mean yeah, I know he’s Hulk Hogan, but still. They also gave Savage World title reigns and great storylines. The top names that instantly come to mind from WWE to WCW are Hogan, Savage, Nash, Hall and Bret Hart. They used ALL of those guys the best they could. Right when it looked like they were gonna waste Bret Hart, they ended up using him at least halfway decently. But think about it…every month WCW would hype dream matches. Bret Hart vs. Sting, Hogan vs. Flair, etc. They’d always say, “This is the match we always wanted to see….” And say what you want about WCW, but they would hype the crap out of all of those dream matches. So if WCW won, don’t you think (and be honest) that we would be happier at least from a dream match standpoint? Don’t you think they would have found a way to make a lot of our dream matches happen, such as Austin/Goldberg, Sting/HBK, Sting/Undertaker, etc….? I think they would have.

I won’t go into detail about ECW because I’m sure the WWE marks won’t even want to entertain the thought of them taking over. But if by some miracle they did take over, I think they would do better than anybody with dream matches just because of their creative drive. The only reason they might not have, is because a lot of traditionalist might not want to accept that ECW actually won and would rather retire than go to ECW.

So what do you think? Would WCW and/or ECW have done better with the potential dream matches than WWE ended up doing? I mean we all hear people say how WWE blew it and how we would have done this and that, but would WCW or ECW have done more of what we wanted with dream matches?

Reactions: TLC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back