• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would McMahon have worked for Bischoff?

Luten

Occasional Pre-Show
I highly doubt it myself..

However, after watching the current Monday Night War Series on the WWE Network (for $9.99 a month) I've been thinking a lot of 'What If's?'

We all know that Bischoff was employed by WWE for quite some time after the War was over and WCW was long gone.

To be honest, if WCW had won the war and the WWF had gone out of business, I find it hard to imagine that there would actually be any main stream wrestling on TV at all. I believe WCW would have eventually screwed things up anyway.

So, in a hypothetical universe, if McMahon decided to never work for WCW, then perhaps instead, he would have salvaged the company after the inevitable happened.

People moan about today’s product a lot, but I sometimes think we should be thankful that we have any pro wrestling at all. WWF and WCW could've quite easily destroyed each other, rather than one being the victor over the other.

But as far as McMahon ever working for Bischoff? - I think the guy has way too much pride and is way to stubborn to have ever (hypothetically) done that.

I agree Vince has way to much pride and probably wouldn't have accepted defeat or accepted that bischoff and WCW had won the Monday night wars, I think that he would probably have started a new company similar to that of TNA or just distance himself from wrestling and move into politics with his wife.

How does his entrance music go? "No Chance in Hell"? There is your answer.

I'm not sure what Vince would have gotten into had the WWF folded, but he is not the type that would go work for the company that killed the business that he took over from his father.

Bischoff didn't own WCW, there was a disconnect there that allowed him look at it as a "job", and going to work for WWE after WCW folded was just another "job".

It's not a job to Vince.

I've never really considered your point when you said "WWF and WCW could've quite easily destroyed each other." They could have, I mean you figure the WWF was trying to be as edgy as possible and they were thinking much more short term than long term. Dare I say, WWF could have won and burned then. Never watched WCW so I don't know how things were there but wasn't there some big controversy because they slapped their belt on someone who wasn't a wrestler? I don't quite remember the details >< I wanna say it was Vince Russo...

Back to the point though, could you imagine their being no professional wrestling today o_O

I don't see Vince going to work for WCW, he might love wrestling(I don't know) but still he has too much ego to work for the enemy

Highly unlikeky, for the simple fact that by the late 90s Vince McMahon was a multimillionare many times over, tens of millions. Eric Bischoff, not even close. Easy E went to work as on air talent for WWE in the 2000s to get a steady pay check (same reason he moved to TNA w/ Hogan), I highly doubt McMahon would have needed the money that bad.

HOWEVER, dont just assume he wouldnt. When it comes to business, Vince has made piece with near mortal business enemies like Hogan, Nash, Hart, even Bischoff, he's offered 2nd & 3rd chances to well known problem children such as Hall & Scott Steiner, he has gone in the ring and been put through tables, humiliated in ridiculous skits (remember Austin in the hospital ?) and even had his shaved by Donald Trump. In ordes to make money for his product he has taken high profile on screen beatings from Hogan, Flair, DX, and the entire Hart family! Never say never when it comes to what Vince is willing to forgive, forget, overcome, ignore, and do to make money.

Bischoff came up with some good marketing ideas. But Vince is a entrepenaur - if WWF had folded Vince would have had enough money to not have to work again anyway.

Under Eric Bischoff? Highly unlikely. I think he would be in Jeff Jarrett's position, trying to make a new company, trying to give it another shot... or maybe start a different business altogether.
He knew what he'd do to the other company's wrestlers and the traitors, once he got his hands on them. So he would also have an idea what the other company could do with his wrestlers and him, if they were on the losing side and subsequently under WCW's command. So I really don't think his pride would allow him to work under his main enemies.

The easy answer is OH HELLLLL NO!!

Vince's pride and ego would have prevented him ever working for another wrestling company, I'm almost certain of that. The big thing to remember is that the McMahon family OWNS WWE, while Eric Bischoff was not the owner of WCW, he was a guy hired by Ted Turner to run the company, so he was an employee unlike Vince.

Bischoff treated it as a job, and was willing to move to WWE as an on-screen performer after the demise of WCW. It wasn't his money that the company had lost so he had no issue with working for McMahon, but had the tables been turned and Vince's company had gone out of business, I think it's fair to say he would have refused to work for Ted Turner and/or Eric Bischoff. It would certainly have made for interesting TV though!

Vince would have restarted the WWF as a Northeastern territory again. He would have thrown himself off the Empire State building before working for WCW.

First off, the WWF wasn't in danger of extinction ever. There was a real risk that they would have to reduce their capabilities somewhat and operate more as east coast based US promotion rather than a global one, but even in its darkest 1996 moments the WWF still pulled in good ratings for USA Network, still had multiple international TV deals, still have piles of sponsors and still had a brand with a global name. The idea that Vince nearly lost it all is a myth put out there to make him seem like the plucky underdog fighting the villain that was WCW and Ted Turner.

Anyway, to answer your question, Vince would never have worked for Bischoff in my honest opinion because he hadn't not been his own boss since he worked for his dad. His ego wouldn't allow it unless he was flat out broke. People forget that Bischoff was always just an employee of a wrestling company and always had superiors he had to report back to. That's why the transition for him from WCW to WWE was easier than it would have been for Vince to go to WCW

Eric Bischoff was one of the best ever.

If Vince had some class he would resurrected WCW.

Let the good times begin. I would love to see the monday night war continued.

he has gone in the ring and been put through tables, humiliated in ridiculous skits (remember Austin in the hospital ?) and even had his shaved by Donald Trump. In ordes to make money for his product he has taken high profile on screen beatings from Hogan, Flair, DX, and the entire Hart family! Never say never when it comes to what Vince is willing to forgive, forget, overcome, ignore, and do to make money.

100% agree that Vinny Mac would do absolutely whatever it took to make money, BUT, keep in mind that he was doing it for the WWF, HIS company, HIS brainchild.

I find it hard to fathom he could have put that much effort into making money for someone else, especially Ted Turner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back