Would it have been a crazier moment had this happened instead?

AegonTargaryen

Championship Contender
So on Raw, Vince Mcmahon returned to confront Roman Reigns about his actions at TLC.

Just when he calls him out, there was this usual 10-12 second pause that we always see when someone calls a certain wrestler out.

Even during that short pause, I wondered..what if this particular wrestler shows up instead of Reigns?

So I ask you, would it have been a Holy Shit moment if instead of Reigns, this particular superstar came out instead:-

1)Brock Lesnar. Obviously, the arena would have been rendered dumbstruck, and we would've thought...why is Lesnar here, is he going to F5 the chairman again? I think this would really have been a Holy Shit moment, IMO.

2)Daniel Bryan. Yes, I thought of him. Probably the arena would've started chanting YES! and cheering him, while being pleasantly surprised.

3)Randy Orton. I know he's injured. I just wonder if it'd have been a Holy Shit moment had he showed up at that particular instance.

4)CM Punk. Hell, some of you say, it WOULD be a holy shit moment no matter when he showed up, as long as he shows up in a WWE ring again. But this one really would've caused the arena to explode. A vindictive CM Punk returns to confront Mcmahon who was just referred to as a disgrace?

5)Yes, I know this could be considered a dumb "what if" thread since you're going to say..if Roman Reigns has been the focus of the whole show, and if he was called out, it would be logical for him to show up and not a bunch of wrestlers who're inactive/fired/parttimers. But hasn't this happened in the past..where someone who's totally not expected shows up? (Shawn Michaels, anyone?).

Wouldn't of made much sense if anyone outside of Reigns came out. Vince's whole reason for being there is justified by confronting Reigns. He doesn't need any allies or tag partners. Just him looking out for him - I felt Ambrose was being overshadowed by continuing to be aligned with him. Separate those two and now look, they're champs.

2 is the only option that anyone would care about,

Brock beating people up was a Holy Shit over 10 years ago, now it's a whatever.
RKO, nobody has cared about him since Cena vs Orton 41
CM Punk won't show up on wrestling until his money dries up.

They keep mentioning Daniel Bryan and YES YES YES, every week in and out, so He's going to be popping up sometime between now and Wmania, him randomly coming out to another callout isn't out of the question, and unlike Reigns, people actually care about DBry.

Crazier doesn't equate into good for pretty much the reasons the OP stated in #5 and hasn't one of the bigger complaints of WWE's booking been Vince's sometimes frequent disregard for logic and common sense?

Lesnar popping up wouldn't have had that much of an impact with me because he's due back quite soon anyhow.

While it would've been really cool and a big surprise to see Bryan, it wouldn't have really made a ton of sense as he's been out for too long to just be catapulted right back into a main event role. After the adrenaline wore off, the criticism would've started up about Bryan not "deserving" to be in the picture due to being out so long and it's a position that's hard to argue with.

Randy Orton showing up wouldn't be much of a holy shit moment to me because it'd just be flat out lazy for creative to put him in. Besides, what's the point if he can't get into someone's face and even if he could, I'd find it incredibly dull because we've seen Orton in this sort of scenario too many times in the past as it is.

As for CM Punk, it definitely would've been a massive holy shit moment considering the bad blood between himself and the McMahon family. It'd be so unexpected that I don't think many people would give a damn that it wouldn't really make any sense because it'd be so entirely out of left field.

CM Punk. Hell, some of you say, it WOULD be a holy shit moment no matter when he showed up, as long as he shows up in a WWE ring again.

Of course, last time they tried for a 'holy shit' moment with Punk, Paul Heyman came strutting out to Punk's music. A 'holy shit' moment was instantly transformed to 'Aw, shit'

But yes, the idea of springing a surprise would have had impact, depending, of course, on who showed up.

But this topic reminds me of the seeming inconsistencies that make pro wrestling a unique form of entertainment. Consider:

--When we saw Vince McMahon 'marionett-ing' his way down the aisle, we knew he was there to punish Roman Reigns for his actions, right? So, how come the penalty involves giving the guy a world title shot?

--How come Sheamus didn't object? Instead of having the night off from the ring wars, free to celebrate his win at TLC, suddenly he's thrust into defending his championship.....with his ally giving the order? The fella seemed to love the idea.....but, would you? :)

So on Raw, Vince Mcmahon returned to confront Roman Reigns about his actions at TLC.

Just when he calls him out, there was this usual 10-12 second pause that we always see when someone calls a certain wrestler out.

Even during that short pause, I wondered..what if this particular wrestler shows up instead of Reigns?

So I ask you, would it have been a Holy Shit moment if instead of Reigns, this particular superstar came out instead:-

1)Brock Lesnar. Obviously, the arena would have been rendered dumbstruck, and we would've thought...why is Lesnar here, is he going to F5 the chairman again? I think this would really have been a Holy Shit moment, IMO.

2)Daniel Bryan. Yes, I thought of him. Probably the arena would've started chanting YES! and cheering him, while being pleasantly surprised.

3)Randy Orton. I know he's injured. I just wonder if it'd have been a Holy Shit moment had he showed up at that particular instance.

4)CM Punk. Hell, some of you say, it WOULD be a holy shit moment no matter when he showed up, as long as he shows up in a WWE ring again. But this one really would've caused the arena to explode. A vindictive CM Punk returns to confront Mcmahon who was just referred to as a disgrace?

5)Yes, I know this could be considered a dumb "what if" thread since you're going to say..if Roman Reigns has been the focus of the whole show, and if he was called out, it would be logical for him to show up and not a bunch of wrestlers who're inactive/fired/parttimers. But hasn't this happened in the past..where someone who's totally not expected shows up? (Shawn Michaels, anyone?).

Yes! CM Punk coming out would have been too shocking moment! Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan would have been good too but we already have some idea they both are going to return! Randy Orton would not right though i dont know why! but CM Punk Yeah the crowd would explode and it will create quite a hustle bustle in IWC...

Of course, last time they tried for a 'holy shit' moment with Punk, Paul Heyman came strutting out to Punk's music. A 'holy shit' moment was instantly transformed to 'Aw, shit'

But yes, the idea of springing a surprise would have had impact, depending, of course, on who showed up.

But this topic reminds me of the seeming inconsistencies that make pro wrestling a unique form of entertainment. Consider:

--When we saw Vince McMahon 'marionett-ing' his way down the aisle, we knew he was there to punish Roman Reigns for his actions, right? So, how come the penalty involves giving the guy a world title shot?

--How come Sheamus didn't object? Instead of having the night off from the ring wars, free to celebrate his win at TLC, suddenly he's thrust into defending his championship.....with his ally giving the order? The fella seemed to love the idea.....but, would you? :)

Brilliant logic mam! But as much as we know, most things WWE do are illogical.... Yet it came up in my mind that Sheamus didnot have any objection defending his title maybe because he was too sure about himself and his LON stablemates! Maybe he boasted too much! Just maybe this was the logic behind it.... I am doubtful of it though! :shrug:

I figured that Sheamus wanted to do it to avenge his fallen boss. Also wasn't it Vince not Sheamus who made it for the title.

Sheamus obviously felt this was his chance to get rid of Reigns since he'd beaten him twice and figured him and his LON buddies would do the job.

There was a moment when Sheamus went for the Cloverleaf that had ''Montreal'' written all over, but Vince just sat there :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back