• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Bad News Barrett have been an appropriate no.30??

Should Bad News Barrett have been the Surprise Last Entrant?

• YES!YES!YES!

• NO!NO!NO!

Results are only viewable after voting.

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
If the WWE wasn't going to have Daniel Bryan enter the Royal Rumble at any point. Wouldn't it have been better to have Bad News Barrett take his character to the next level with a Surprise Last Entrance?

The stage was set after he had been originally slated to be a part of it, then he was taken out. He also posted a tweet about a "legend" taking his place in the rumble.
If Daniel Bryan was going to be left off of the Rumble entrants, then having Barrett rising from the podium and doing his Bad News promo saying," he had bad news and instead of what the fans want, he is going to be the final partcipant in the Rumble". Wouldn't that have helped him get more heat and make his character even more engaging, following on from SmackDown??

Just a thought.

Well, it depends how you see it.

If WWE wanted everyone to laugh, yet hate them, they should have done it.

But forget the podium. It would have been better, if DB's music played, then it went silent and you just heard, 'I'm afraid I've got some bad news.'

I think he was the Kevin Nash entrance remember he tweeted I'm giving my spot to a legend but yeah he would of made a better number 30 than Rey

Haha I wish I had thought of this. Yes it would have made a great spot for the ppv. Put Mysterio at any other spot (give him the spot that was completely misused by giving it to JBL, El Torito, Khali, or anyone else who had no business in the match). Then if Bryan truly doesn't end up in the main event of Mania, put him and Barrett in a feud that ends at WM (it sure beats the rumors of a Bryan/Sheamus rematch). Or later down the road if Bryan were in the main event at Mania, Barrett could be one of the first to challenge Bryan for the title. And even though I like Barrett on his own, this gets even more heat if he were aligned with The Authority.

As far as Barrett's tweet about giving up his spot to a legend and saying he would give a hint: "Voodoo." I looked into this, and apparently he did this last year also. It must be some kind of inside joke.

It is a running joke that he has based on Papa Shango always being rumored for the Rumble. There's also the cracking meme going round of Ralph Wiggums "moment of heartbreak" at the moment Rey's music hit... that could have been so much truer if it had been Barrett.
This would have been perfect but they decided against... to be honest I think the crowd may just have rioted if he had...

They could start with him tonight and his "have bad news... Daniel Bryan isn't wrestling tonight..." only for Bryan to challenge him... that might work well.

In fact it would have made more sense if Barrett came out and delivered the "bad news" that Bryan was originally entrant #30, but he is no condition to compete after his match with Bray Wyatt, so Barrett swiped his ping pong ball and will be taking his place. At least it would've given the fans some closure on why Bryan wasn't involved and possibly set up a nice feud in the process, since Wyatt is obviously moving onto a feud with Cena now.

To be honest, I completely forgot about Rey Mysterio and figured Bad News Barrett would emerge. I think this would make me slightly less pissed because the nuclear heat he would have gotten from the words "I'm afraid I've got some bad news" would have been electric, oh my God, aha. I'm imagining it now. It truly would have been great. Imagine if Daniel Bryan's music hit first! Oh God, I know WWE fucked up with Bryan, but that would've been awesome. An alternative to this could've have been for Barrett to come out, only for Bryan to attack him and enter the rumble. Either way I would've laughed my ass off till the cows came home.

They should have let DB have the #30. Let him come in and clean house, maybe eliminate one person... then have Bad news Barrett cut a promo saying that the authority wasn't allowing DB in the rumble, and that Barrett was instead taking the #30 slot. Barrett is instantly back in the mix wrestling, would have huge heat, we are reminded how good DB is and that he is a threat, "they" just won't let him get a chance, a natural feud between the two leading into WM could have developed from there. Would have killed several birds with one stone.

Every year theres always spots that are wasted at the Rumble and this year was no different. But this year seemed they fucked it up big time. Really i can take Nash i guess,a guy from the past had to emerge somewhere. I expected Khali,because there is one superheavyweight minimum in there. But fucking El dorito or whatever his name is.

That in itself was a complete disgrace it really was. WTF was the purpose of that one? That spot could have gone to Daniel Bryan and it should have.. I saw rey mysterio interview backstage and when No30 was about to come out i had no clue it was him until his music hit. No30 should have went to Bad News Barrett IMO! That in itself would have been more entertaining..

That would have been a fantastic Royal Rumble moment. Have Rey earlier on meaning everyone is set for Bryan to be 30. The music hits, he doesn't show and Wade Barrett walks out. That would have been hilarious and these two briefly feuded for a while last year.

Obviously, they could predict they crowd would be as angry as they were but having Barrett come out would justify some of the booing. Indeed, whomever eliminated him would get a huge pop and Rey wouldn't be boo'd.

I'll get called a liar but I thought of that last night while I was sitting in my seat... except replace Bryan's music with one of the big returning legends i.e. Hogan or Warrior. But with how over Bryan is right now, you can throw his name into that discussion as well. 30 hits, DB, Hogan, Warrior, etc... music plays, the crowd goes ape shit (as it would for any 3 of those guys), and Barrett walk on out there saying he's afraid he's got some bad news. Major heat automatically goes to Barrett who would have benefitted from it.

That would have been a fantastic Royal Rumble moment. Have Rey earlier on meaning everyone is set for Bryan to be 30. The music hits, he doesn't show and Wade Barrett walks out. That would have been hilarious and these two briefly feuded for a while last year.

Obviously, they could predict they crowd would be as angry as they were but having Barrett come out would justify some of the booing. Indeed, whomever eliminated him would get a huge pop and Rey wouldn't be boo'd.

Continuing from MCMGs scenario.
After he is eliminated, Barrett continues to troll those in the ring and in the audience. Imagine him saying," CM Punk! I've got some Bad News!...Kane...is right behind You!"

Of course, no one has mentioned it, but when either Barrett's music hits and he comes out to boos from the crowd or instead D-Bry's music and Barrett comes out instead...it would be hilarious if when he appears, he says his usual,"Can I have some decorum,please!" LOLz

Nope, no sense whatsoever to have him as nr.30.

Rey getting booed didnt mean shit and everybody knows it, as it had nothing to do with Ray and everything to do with WWE's booking.

Barret going there as number 30 only to get nothing done is pointless.Ray is a legend, an established guy, it doesnt matter what happened to him.

Not to mention Barret had like....0 momentum to enter as number 30.If Barret were to enter the Rumble a number between 10-15 would've been way better.

I'm all for seeing Barret get opportunities as I'm a huge fan of his ever since he came to NXT.But him going in as a 30 would really be pointless, I just dont see any benefit to him getting tossed by Skinny Jeans over there and doing nothing.

Btw, Nash eliminating himself and making that face he made right before dropping was one of the highlights of this shitty PPV.

Well, it depends how you see it.

If WWE wanted everyone to laugh, yet hate them, they should have done it.

But forget the podium. It would have been better, if DB's music played, then it went silent and you just heard, 'I'm afraid I've got some bad news.'

I would have laughed really hard at that!

I think it would not have been a great move for WWE to put him at spot thirty, but I would have liked it. I am actually a big fan of Wade Barret. I would put him in my top five currently active wrestlers.

This idea is brilliant. Too bad no one in WWE came up with it.

Imagine #30 hitting, a small delay, everyone in the ring pauses and looks up the ramp, and then I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

Total anti-climax. Have Wade come in laughing on a segway to the ring. It would have been gold.

This idea is brilliant. Too bad no one in WWE came up with it.

Imagine #30 hitting, a small delay, everyone in the ring pauses and looks up the ramp, and then I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS.

Total anti-climax. Have Wade come in laughing on a segway to the ring. It would have been gold.

Also, Wade being booed would've affected nothing as well, as he is a heel.Would've added build to his character. Those saying it would have been cheap heat, I agree. However, cheap heat is better than zero reaction. Wade could have used the cheap heat on RAW tonight as well.
Poor Mysterio whose been a babyface since forever was booed big time due to bad booking.

I don't think it would have helped Barrett. It would further the case of him getting "X-Pac heat". I think the only way it would have worked out for him is if he was to eliminate Reigns/Punk or if Bryan was in the Rumble, eliminate him

It would have made more sense than putting Mysterio in at number 30. WWE must surely have realised that there was going to be a negative reaction to whoever came out last in the Rumble, as the cheers for Bryan were already noticable. Putting a face like Mysterio out there made no sense as he was booed out of the building, which he didn't deserve but he was the guy who unfortunately had to take the anger and disappointment from the fans.

Having Bad News Barrett be the last guy and announcing "I have some bad news, I am number 30..." would have also gathered massive heat, but at least Barrett is a heel and the heat would have furthered his "Bad News" persona and gimmick.

The biggest thing I see with this is the amount of backlash Barrett would have had from fans for doing that, and also WWE literally flipping off the fans by having Barrett even say something along those lines, it's similar to what HHH did with the whole "Awww, you didn't get what you want?" But at least in HHH's case, it's 24-hours after the backlash allowing 24-hours for people to simmer down.

I think it would generate good heat for him, but the amount of death-threats would have been insane, Batista fell victim to this, I'm pretty sure people are probably still threatening him and will for a while.

Having Mysterio come out, doesn't make sense, but it does 'lighten' the blow, they might boo Rey, but nobody is going to down-right threaten Mysterio's life, if Barrett came out and did that, I'm certain people would be at his head as much if not more-so than Batista's.

The biggest thing I see with this is the amount of backlash Barrett would have had from fans for doing that, and also WWE literally flipping off the fans by having Barrett even say something along those lines, it's similar to what HHH did with the whole "Awww, you didn't get what you want?" But at least in HHH's case, it's 24-hours after the backlash allowing 24-hours for people to simmer down.

I think it would generate good heat for him, but the amount of death-threats would have been insane, Batista fell victim to this, I'm pretty sure people are probably still threatening him and will for a while.

Having Mysterio come out, doesn't make sense, but it does 'lighten' the blow, they might boo Rey, but nobody is going to down-right threaten Mysterio's life, if Barrett came out and did that, I'm certain people would be at his head as much if not more-so than Batista's.

But wouldn't the payoff have been worth it for the Bad News character? Not having DB enter the Rumble was legit Bad News and who better to reveal than the guy with that very gimmick?
WWE needs to be creative if the Bad News charactet has to work and if BNB had done the no.30 entrance in the Rumble, just imagine the promo he could deliver on RAW from his podium. He needs to be delivering Bad news to fellow wrestlers more often as it will help the evolution of the character.

But wouldn't the payoff have been worth it for the Bad News character? Not having DB enter the Rumble was legit Bad News and who better to reveal than the guy with that very gimmick?
WWE needs to be creative if the Bad News charactet has to work and if BNB had done the no.30 entrance in the Rumble, just imagine the promo he could deliver on RAW from his podium. He needs to be delivering Bad news to fellow wrestlers more often as it will help the evolution of the character.

I think it would definitely be worth it for the character as a whole, in fact, I think it would have been perfect for him, he would have generated a ton of heat by this point, and would probably be one of the most hated heels running since Muhammad Hassan, but I'm thinking about the outside impact on the wrestler as well. I like Barrett, I like the character, but gotta watch out for Stuart Bennett, because without him, there is no Barrett.

I think it would definitely be worth it for the character as a whole, in fact, I think it would have been perfect for him, he would have generated a ton of heat by this point, and would probably be one of the most hated heels running since Muhammad Hassan, but I'm thinking about the outside impact on the wrestler as well. I like Barrett, I like the character, but gotta watch out for Stuart Bennett, because without him, there is no Barrett.

I dont live in the USA; but would someone actually hurt the guy legit for character portrayal?? Sucks really cuz he would get some Hassan heat and WWE would get the Heel it needs

I dont live in the USA; but would someone actually hurt the guy legit for character portrayal?? Sucks really cuz he would get some Hassan heat and WWE would get the Heel it needs

Legitimately? Honestly. I think there would be some people that would take it so seriously to go as far to do that, in the world of today, yeah. Some people do tend to take this all a little too seriously, and it spooks me. With all the death-threats getting thrown Batista's way, I even feel worried for the guy, guy might be a douche to people, but he is a person when it comes down to it, all of them are. The fact that people are actually making death-threats alone, has me spooked. You hear this stuff on the news (at least around the USA and closer to the USA) and you can't help but wonder honestly, I know it has me wondering.

I think though, in the end, it would be good for Wade Barrett, but Stuart Bennett, not so sure on that one.

Rey wasnt a surprise No. 30, he was advertised all along to be in the match, and as the participants came and went, it was always going to be the boring, over rated, has been Mysterio coming out last. Bad News Barrett is a rubbish gimmick and he is playing for laughs, which spells doom for his time in WWE. Barrett should be used in a much better fashion, and in-ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back