• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would anyone like WWE to start the "Spin the Wheel" concept?

kc2788x

Occasional Pre-Show
Would everyone like the wwe to start the "SPIN THE WHEEL" concept like the wcw did in the old days be brought into a PPV! I think it would be pretty good, It's a fresh new start, just imagine lets say if drew had to relinquish his title due to a injury, the wwe could start this new Pay per view to freshen up storyline and angles, making this PPV a random tag team advance show, than later on, a every person for themselves over the top battle royal.

Example;

Matt hardy teams with Christian vs Koslov and Regal winning team advances later on in the rumble and so on...different roster can spin the wheel for the random partners on both raw and smackdown and even on NXT! there would be about 5 matches plus the mini royal rumble for the winning teams, the winner can get a belt (if the star is injured, I used Drew as a example) or winner gets a shot at the champ at summer-slam or survivor series. It's sort of similiar to the king of the ring tournament, but the wwe no longers does the king of the ring tournaments,

What is everyone's thoughts? Be nice!

Personally I hate the idea for a couple of reasons.

1) I hate seeing random wrestlers thrown together to be a tag team. One night or a storyline, it doesn't matter, I'm tired of seeing. I miss the days of great tag teams and the more the fans support this crap the farther away we get from those days returning. Do we really need another Rock N Sock connection?

2) When WCW did this at Slamboree 96 it was called "Lethal Lottery" and tag teams were split up to face each other. Back in those days you could get away with that cuz there were so many great tag teams but now? There is not one legitimitate tag team in WWE. TNA clearly has the advantage with MCMG, Team 3D and Beer Money. WWE needs to concentrate on the tag division because people like myself who have been watching wrestling since the late 80s or earlier appreciate a great tag team. Legacy had the potential but never got the chance. Hart Dynasty-I really want to see them get involved with Bret and VInce cuz if they don't get a push now, when will they? Please WWE bring back the tag team division, with newcommers, not two polished single wrestlers thrown together.

3) There are very few gimmick matches that actually work in wrestling today. Take the basic cage match. That used to be the World Series of matches. But now with Hell in a Cell and Elimination Chamber, a cage match is dull.

Stretcher match- Blah
Casket Match- Blah Blah (cuz it has to involve Taker)
Falls Count Anywhere- 90% of the time the match never leaves the arena unlike the classic Benniot vs Sullivan one.
Iron Man Match- Loved the HBK vs Hitman one but the last two involved Cena 1st vs HBK on Raw then vs Orton. That's like putting Hogan in an Iron Man Match. You need two exciting wrestlers like Shawn and Brett to pull it off. A combination of Edge, Jericho, Morrison, McIntrye, Christian, Kingston, Orton. Really what's next? The big Show in an Iron Man Match vs Kane.
First Blood- Always was a bad concept. The blood is when the fun begins ask Foley and Flair.
Brawl Matches (Parking Lot, or Bar Room)- This where the the fall counts anywhere matches should end up.

WWE is fine with their cream of the crop matches, HIC, EC, MITB, TLC, and Royal Rumble. Even the Survior Series tag matches can be good if the teams are composed of a stable vs faces type deal.

So no, please no more WWE gimmick matches

I think it's an interesting idea, but I don't think it could really be used consistantly because it feels like too much of a novelty. It goes against the laws of competition as well, so to speak. People want to see feuds build between rivals (Yankees/Red Sox, Lakers/Celtics, Edge/Jericho, etc). People might initially tune in to see some interesting match ups, but the lack of solid feuds would create a what's the point mentality, in my opinion. And, ultimately, wrestling is a work, so it wouldn't really be legitimately random, and there's no way WWE would not have one of their top guys come out on top, no pun intended. If TNA did it, they'd just look foolish and stupid, like they usually do. Decent idea, it would get old fast though.

funny how u said it wouldnt be random because wrestling is a work but in the jake roberts vs sting match it was totally random because the wheel wasn't gimmicked. However i'm sure wwe would have the sense to make sure that it is before doing it. The idea could work if done maybe once a year or every couple of years kinda like raw roulette.

Would everyone like the wwe to start the "SPIN THE WHEEL" concept like the wcw did in the old days be brought into a PPV! I think it would be pretty good, It's a fresh new start, just imagine lets say if drew had to relinquish his title due to a injury, the wwe could start this new Pay per view to freshen up storyline and angles, making this PPV a random tag team advance show, than later on, a every person for themselves over the top battle royal.

Example;

Matt hardy teams with Christian vs Koslov and Regal winning team advances later on in the rumble and so on...different roster can spin the wheel for the random partners on both raw and smackdown and even on NXT! there would be about 5 matches plus the mini royal rumble for the winning teams, the winner can get a belt (if the star is injured, I used Drew as a example) or winner gets a shot at the champ at summer-slam or survivor series. It's sort of similiar to the king of the ring tournament, but the wwe no longers does the king of the ring tournaments,

What is everyone's thoughts? Be nice!

sooo ur basically combining lethal lottery and spin the wheel...... well it would be pretty cool to see wwe bring back LL....tna tried and failed(just like they did with wargames), wwe did their version of spin the wheel when bischoff was gm.....

to zeedeevel..the raw roulette was basically the spin the wheel...

I LOVED Lethal Lottery and if you guys remember it was the start of the major push of Diamond Dallas Page. If they use it to push someone, I think it would be great. Hell, it would be a great pre-Summer Slam PPV to determine the #1 contender. That or it would just be good to give someone a major push.

Once a year on that PPV is a great idea and totally has my support.

I LOVED Lethal Lottery and if you guys remember it was the start of the major push of Diamond Dallas Page. If they use it to push someone, I think it would be great. Hell, it would be a great pre-Summer Slam PPV to determine the #1 contender. That or it would just be good to give someone a major push.

Once a year on that PPV is a great idea and totally has my support.

if wwe did it EXACTLY like wcw did, it would be great, same with wargames.....but theres no way vince would ever put over a competitors gimmick...there would be some changes us fans would gripe about(the ones of us who remember those matchs). or he just wont do it ala wargames even tho all the elders in the company want the match

Thanks to all those that took their time to respond and thanks for not bashing me!

I would love to see this concept and now that Vince has officially said there is no more survivor series, I think it would be a good time, if not great time to bring in this concept, Like all the fans, I would like to see where the mixed tag teams are rivals, although they could leave a tag team together that actually gets along! Remember, the winning teams goes on later on in the evening to participate in the mini 10 man every person for themselves over the top battle royal, if not for a title due to a star being injured, how about if the wwe decides to make a TV title or decided to bring back the European heavyweight title or how about even for a spot into Jan. Royal rumble, the winner gets to come in at number 30 while the last guy gets to come in at number 1!
I think there would be a lot of possibilities if the wwe can get it right.

my tag team for the night (example)

Y2J and edge teaming up again (just imagine how things are with these two right now, if they're partner and the winning teams go on to the mini battle royal later on in the evening, I am sure Jericho won't lose on purpose, he would want a title or be number 30th entry to the royal rumble, and just imagine if it was him eliminating edge so edge comes in at number 1)

Show and miz- yeah they're on a roll right now, just imagine if they were to somehow be lucky enough to be tag team for this one event and proceed on to the min battle royal, imagine if they were the two last guys in the royal rumble, we know how miz is, he has a big mouth, cocky, and arrogant, he would ordered big show to toss himself over, do any of us actually think the big show would do that?
what do you all think!

I don't like this idea personally. I've gone over old clips of the RAW roulette, where Lita vs Victoria and could see the wheel looks like it was being forcibly stopped at Steel Cage. Then the last time RAW had roulette like last year, every time the wheel you could see it pretty much be put at the slot, I could never see the spinner's other hand. That was just my observation. Beacuse the fight had to match the storyline for the person(s) spinning for the fight. How many times will the spinners get the fight they want to get justice? That is not a coincidence. Its set to be that way, even with the match outcomes, I mean, why have the PPV's at all anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back