Worst WWE/Heavyweight Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Badass

Okay, here is you chance to vent about who you thought, for whatever reason, has been the worst champion in recent memory. You can use whatever criteria you want i.e. their impact as champion, popularity as champion, deserving champion, etc. Just be ready to defend your position if a debate erupts over it.

My choice: Rey Mysterio
I thought really long and hard about this one actually, it was a toss up between Rey and Chris Jericho a few years back (I actually stopped watching when he won, and didn't watch again till I found out HHH was gonna beat him).

I think Mysterio has been a horrible choice to carry the belt for many reasons. First being, it all had to do with Vince's need to incorporate Eddie Guerrero into the storylines long after he passed away. Another reason, the kid is a damn middleweight and about 5 foot nothing. "Weighing in at 160lbs, he is the World Heavyweight Champion....:blink: "

Another reason, he is not imposing as a champion at all, he is tossed around the ring by anyone who wrestles him, and just doesn't seem like he should actually be able to beat anyone. Being a good acrobat does not warrant holding "the most coveted prize in the business".

And that theme music....."What ya gonna do when we come for you..." :wtf:

Sorry, much love to Rey, and many respects to Eddie, but Mysterio never has been and never will be legit World Champ material and Vince needs to end this pity title reign already.

Rey, Cena, Kane, Big Show, Hogan, anyone who is not Triple H or Shawn or Kurt Angle or RVD.

The Badass said:
Okay, here is you chance to vent about who you thought, for whatever reason, has been the worst champion in recent memory. You can use whatever criteria you want i.e. their impact as champion, popularity as champion, deserving champion, etc. Just be ready to defend your position if a debate erupts over it.

I thought really long and hard about this one actually, it was a toss up between Rey and Chris Jericho a few years back (I actually stopped watching when he won, and didn't watch again till I found out HHH was gonna beat him).

I think Mysterio has been a horrible choice to carry the belt for many reasons. First being, it all had to do with Vince's need to incorporate Eddie Guerrero into the storylines long after he passed away. Another reason, the kid is a damn middleweight and about 5 foot nothing. "Weighing in at 160lbs, he is the World Heavyweight Champion....:blink: "

Another reason, he is not imposing as a champion at all, he is tossed around the ring by anyone who wrestles him, and just doesn't seem like he should actually be able to beat anyone. Being a good acrobat does not warrant holding "the most coveted prize in the business".

Sorry, much love to Rey, and many respects to Eddie, but Mysterio never has been and never will be legit World Champ material and Vince needs to end this pity title reign already.
As my avatar says, STFU. Rey's reign isnt about Guerrero. And his gimmick is the biggest underdog champ in history, so hes supposed to be thrown around. His gimmick also involves his reign being fueled by Eddie's memory. The worst champ has gotta be Edge, but his upcoming reign will ROCK!
And Badass, go back to the Bar Room and get owned some more.

Lashley-NextBigThing said:
As my avatar says, STFU. Rey's reign isnt about Guerrero. And his gimmick is the biggest underdog champ in history, so hes supposed to be thrown around. His gimmick also involves his reign being fueled by Eddie's memory. The worst champ has gotta be Edge, but his upcoming reign will ROCK!
And Badass, go back to the Bar Room and get owned some more.

I'd be careful if I were you....

Lashley-NextBigThing said:
As my avatar says, STFU. Rey's reign isnt about Guerrero. His gimmick also involves his reign being fueled by Eddie's memory.
Uhh, yeah, how is it not about Eddie if Rey is fueled by Eddie?

And face it Lashley, Rey is only champ cause Eddie died. I know I sound cold coming out and saying that, but it's true. Rey won the Rumble and dedicated it to Eddie, then lost at NWO. Were it not for Orton being a prick backstage, Rey woulda never even been in the match. That's when they took the Eddie thing a whole step further.

The worst Champ ever was vince mcmahon, come on, he was champ for like 2 weeks and didnt ever defend it and at two weeks vacated it cuz he's a pussy

^OH YEAH, I remember that. He goes down as the all time worst!

FLUFF said:
Uhh, yeah, how is it not about Eddie if Rey is fueled by Eddie?
True, my bad.

FLUFF said:
Were it not for Orton being a prick backstage, Rey woulda never even been in the match.
No, but this sounds cold, too. Rey WAS a charity case. Even though he deserves it, this wouldnt of been his year.

The Badass said:
I'd be careful if I were you....

What are you gonna do? Beat me up over the internet?

And if you are what greatness looks like, then greatness is one ugly son of ****e!

rolling on floor, laughing my f'n ass off

don't worry, i didn't know what that stuff meant till a few weeks ago either.

thanks for clearin that up. if u think this is bad, check out the thread "what the hell kind of bar room is this?" thread in the bar room. this explains why i said get owned some more in the bar room

:dark2: lol, ya mr. big thing youd better be careful or he will fuck you up over the internet. and the worst champ is still vince. end of conversation

The Badass said:

finally!! someone steps up and says the truth about rey's title reign. hello.. wake up and smell the g**damn coffee!! he is, first of all, NOT a heavyweight.:banghead:
he doesn't deserve the championship. guys like taker should be fighting over the title, not little pretty boy rey with the "cool entrance music" and all.. sheeesh.. i'll bet even that cruiserweight prick kid kash can beat him. i have the utmost respect for eddie, but for Pete's sake dudes... vince should really think about the prestige of the world championship. not just selling the damn thing to the fans..

I think Rey won the title because he was very over. I think the worst Champion would have to be Vince McMahon

shoot i hav3e two worst champs john cena abd batista they are both boring with the belt and jon cena thanks hes a tuff guy but he aint hes just plain old boring and batista he sucks to because he doesnt do nothing good with the belt like HHH did back wit the DX the old DX hes just a straight up boring wrestler

FLUFF said:
Rey, Cena, Kane, Big Show, Hogan, anyone who is not Triple H or Shawn or Kurt Angle or RVD.

LOL Kane? He was champ for a DAY and that was 8 years ago. And RVD is a great champ? Geesh...

Cena, JBL, and Batista. One of the primary things I judge about a wrestlers' overall worth is their ability (or in this case, lack thereof) to wrestle a match that keeps the crowd into it and actually have the match be at least fifteen minutes in length. I think Triple H is an immoral scumbag, but at least he can work. The other three belong in tag teams because they can't keep a main event crowd going. The biggest example was Wrestlemania 21. If not for paying fifty dollars (for a total of about three or four worthy matches) I would've turned the damn thing off two minutes into the JBL/Cena match. It was embarrasing and one of the primary reasons buyrates aren't what they once were.

Longest reign Bruno Sammartino 2803 days (c. seven years)

now the day Tripple H beats that, I will join the Vince McMahon kiss my ass club

with that said i would have to say Yokozunas second title reign i mean he defeated Bret Hart and then immediately defended against Hulk Hogan and lost it.

Akine82 said:
Longest reign Bruno Sammartino 2803 days (c. seven years)

now the day Tripple H beats that, I will join the Vince McMahon kiss my ass club

with that said i would have to say Yokozunas second title reign i mean he defeated Bret Hart and then immediately defended against Hulk Hogan and lost it.
True he did lose it, but not for a lack of talent. Hogan just strongarmed Vince into giving him the belt. Besides, he beat Hogan in what I recall was Hogan's first defense at the first ever King of The Ring.

Well, I see some interesting things have been going on here so far, goes a lil something like this :dark2: , but um, I'm not gonna involve myself in that. But um, I'm also going to have to go with rey Mysterio for right now. I mean, it's true that his gimmick is the biggest underdog champion, but underdog means to be the one everyone least expected to then make this huge comeback at the end and win, unfortunately that's not Rey, he's been dominated in many of his matches, but he doesn't exactly make that long awaites comeback, he just loses. And on top of that, he's a Cruiserweight with a Heavyweight title, someone please explain that to me. And on top of that his reign is only because of Eddie (R.I.P), if Eddie had never died Rey would have never become champion. It enfuriates me that WWE is still using Eddie Guererro to push Rey. I mean, please already, let his name R.I.P. If you look at it this way, should Eddie have never dies our chamion right now would most likely be Randy Orton (considering Angle has jumped ship to ECW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back