• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Stipulation or Gimmick Match Ever

Craig-O-Mac

Occasional Pre-Show
Quite simply, I'm asking all the fine posters at WZ Forums to tell me what they believe is the absolute Worst Stipulation or Gimmick Match Ever. This may include an actual match-type or a consequence of a matches result.

I think Vince Russo's handiwork might just feature in some of the answers....

Some examples off the top of my head include:

WCW New Blood Rising- Judy Bagwell on a Pole Match
Buff Bagwell took on 'Positively' Kanyon in this 2000 abomination in which Bagwell's Old Dear was some how meant to be on a pole but ended up on a forklift. *Facepalm*

WWF In Your House 6- Crybaby Match
Scott 'Razor Ramon' Hall took on the 1-2-3 Kid in this 1996 matchup whereby the loser had to...wait for it.... wear a diaper and drink from an infants bottle. A few months later, Hall would go on to one of the coolest angles of all time with the nWo, but this was as far away from cool as humanly possible.

WWF Unforgiven- Kennel From Hell Match (1999)
Cage? Check! Hell In A Cell? Check! Ferocious Rottweilers? Well.....
Al Snow and The Bossman met in this best-left-forgotten Attitude Era contest. It seemingly had the makings of something brilliant. That is until the dogs (on leashes) start pissing and shitting everywhere and maybe even got intimate, I cant recall, and I'm grateful for that.

What would YOUR choice(s) be?

championship scramble - when they explained the rules on raw, my eyes glazed over

reverse battle royal - fight to get in the ring, fight to stay in. (i like that) then its a normal singles match. (lost me)

king of the mountain - you have to pin to be eligible and grab the title and climb the ladder and hook it. so when you win you're on a ladder, hook it (ding ding ding) unhook it, hold up your title. after being in a match for so long, it should be hard enough to climb a ladder let alone with a title.

inferno match - person with sleeves always loses

Electrified cage match - LAX vs Team 3D at Lockdown, the year of which I can't recall. Complete with flickering lights and sound effects, I believe this match takes the cake for worst gimmick match of all time.

Last rites match sting vs abyss..had headstones all around and when you beat your oppnent bad enough you called for a casket to be lowered and you put your openent in it. sucked bc abyss black hole slammed or chokeslammed sting into the coffin so it wouldn't shut all the way by far the stupidest match ever

Reversed Battle Royal. Russo's stupidity never amazes me. I was shocked.......shocked! TNA actually thought this would be a good idea. Even the name sounds ******ed, what was the piont of having the match? why couldn't it just be a normal battle royal? WHY?

Punjabi Prison Match...the Undertaker nor big show didn't even know how to win the match...the first time they had one they screwed up the ending so bad it was worst than a John Cena movie...

Either the Terrordome cage match in WCW in 1991 (featuring Abdulah the butcher getting shocked, even though the camera kept showing the switch was already in the on position and the legend that is REF-CAM) or the match which resulted in Robocop freeing Sting from a cage by bending the bars. So F'n dreadful!

Judy Bagwell on a forklift match.. /thread

So moronic that I cannot even begin to describe how my heat hurts when I think of it. This was wrestling at its absolute, mind-knumbingly stupid worst.

Thanks a lot Vince Russo

I tried to find a link on You Tube to this match and couldnt so if anyone can find one, please put it up here to show how shitty this match really was

I might catch hell for this one, but I'm going to say Bret Hart vs Jerry Lawler in the Kiss My Foot Match. I think it was King of the Ring 1995.

Unless you have a Rex Ryan type fetish, then feet are pretty nasty. I remember Lawler doing all kinds of nasty stuff to his feet in preparation.

The match cumulated with Bret getting the win via sharpshooter then cramming his foot into Lawlers mouth...yuck!

What about the "Custody of Dominick" ladder match between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, definitely one of the WWE's low points over the last 10 years.

As if custody of a child can be decided over who wins a wrestling match. Absolutely stupid, plus it can't have been a pleasant experience for Dominick himself being involved in this storyline. He must have been badly teased at school over it, just a bad idea all round really.

How about the kennel from Hell? I re-watched that match and not only was the ring work not all that great and it was dragged on but the dogs ere shitting all over the place and mating with each other. Those dogs are as vicious as it gets. All the money and time to set up the hell in a cell was not worth it at all. That match was a WWE "Brain Fart".

Either the Kennel From Hell match, which has become a thing to joke about these days, or that weird 2 on 8 cage match that had a 3-story cage with Hulk Hogan in it during the WCW days.

WCW, Halloween Havoc 1992... Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal:

Jake Roberts had recently made his debut in WCW after a VERY successful run in WWF. His first target? The Stinger, literally the top babyface in the company. So far, so good right?

Halloween Havoc rolls around and these two need a marquee matchup to ignite their feud. What they got was "Spin the wheel, make the deal." Granted, the match was supposed to play up to Jakes "psychology" as a mastermind heel. The whole thing just fell flat though, more than likely leading to Jakes quick departure from the company.

To start, the vignettes leading up to the event were attrocious. They featured some of the worst acting in the company. Yes, debatably worse than the Beach Blast stuff featuring Cheatum the one-eyed midget blowing up a boat. The wheel itself was ok enough, but many of the match types included were things that wouldn't fly on an episode of WCW Saturday Night, let alone one of the companies premiere PPVs. This proved to be the last nail in the coffin, as a "Coal Miners Glove" match was the fate that ultimately befell Sting and Jake that night after the wheel was spun.

Don't know what a coal miners glove match is? That's because it hasn't been used in literally decades in any major promotion... probably in part due to this trainwreck of a match.

This abomination is probably floating around Youtube in its entirety. I dare not attempt to link it as it may cause fans who hold either Sting or Jake in high regard to rethink their positions. Yes, it's that bad and I will not be held responsible for someones fandom of either of these two legends becoming undone.

sumo match- WM 21. big show vs akebono.

this was just a huge wast of time. they way it was built up was to be a huge clash between 2 giants. all we got was about a minute of sweaty panting & then big show lost. freakin worst thing ive seen since judy bagwell on a fork lift.

another mention goes to 'loser leaves ____' matches. just based on the fact that in recent years the loser just goes to the other show (smackdown-raw\ vice versa) or comes back in a few weeks like it never happened. although chris jericho pulled it off nicely with finding loopholes with the tag belts. well played.

Quote from The Natural
What about the "Custody of Dominick" ladder match between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio, definitely one of the WWE's low points over the last 10 years

Well Thats one I definately agree with, I cringe so much that its my sig!!!

And TNA are doing something equally as bad right now with Angle/ Jarrett. Really, I dont think children can be won or lost in wrestling matches... Not in this Century anyway.....

How about the dreaded Blindfold Match. Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Rick Martel, I never saw this match as I was too young, but good fucking God, STUPID with a capital STUPID!!!!!!

I'm also going to show some TNA hate, The King Of The Mountain, Now a reverse ladder match. Yeah make about as much sense as Sting coming at 2/21/11. Good Fucking God man, a ladder match would be much more adaquite (I know I spelled it wrong) but now, from the Fucked up mind of Vince Russo comes his stupidest idea since hell, give me a minute, there's alot, but you get my point. Reverse Ladder match, THE FUCK!!!!!

I think everybody's pretty much hit all the top spots.

Judy Bagwell on a Pole was definitely the first one that popped into my head.

The others, though, are right up there, from Dominick to the Blindfold match (I was watching wrestling through that fiasco as a kid. Ugh.) to the current Jarrett/Angle angle (don't even get me f'n started on this one), the Abdullah the Butcher one was mentioned, Finkel/Whippelman, God, there are just so many.

Let's not forget the steel cage asylum match TNA gave us. A horrible red cage you couldn't see through that looked like a giant bird cage which was just a massive clusterfuck. It ended in a DQ, and it was made to the point that you had to be Spider-Man to get out of the f'n thing. Props to, I believe, Hernandez for actually climbing out of that stupid hole in the middle.

Any match where the person is suspended above the ring in a cage. Chyna did it, I think Paul Bearer, and a number of others. Ugh.

I'm sure there are more, but for the life of me, everyone's said all of the other ones I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back