Worst Show of the Year

What is the Worst Show of the Year in 2011?

• Hell in a Cell

• Sacrifice

• Victory Road

• Vengeance

• Capitol Punishment

• Bound For Glory

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think any event where the two main events decidedly and epically failed should win. Victory Road has been looked on in disdain for a lot of reasons. Jeff Hardy vs. Sting was the low point in TNA's calendar year, and speaking for myself personally, I have not been able to shake the image from my mind whenever I turn on TNA.

Bound for Glory, seriously?
How about next year we section the chronically ******ed members of the forum prior to voting.

I'm not sure I buy Victory Road as the worst show of the year. But for the main event it was reasonable, and had a handful of rather good matches on it. The main event sucked but ultimately lasted less time than it would take to produce a cup of tea. Worst show of the year should probably be bad from start the finish.

Given that I didn't watch half the nominations I'll pass.

How about next year we section the chronically ******ed members of the forum prior to voting.

I'm not sure I buy Victory Road as the worst show of the year. But for the main event it was reasonable, and had a handful of rather good matches on it. The main event sucked but ultimately lasted less time than it would take to produce a cup of tea. Worst show of the year should probably be bad from start the finish.

Given that I didn't watch half the nominations I'll pass.

The main event was awful, Kennedy/RVD was awful, and the Knockout's tag match was by far the worst women's match I've ever seen and the bar is already pretty damn low. I haven't seen any other PPV with that much suck on it this year.

Hell In A Cell was a good show. Not great, but certainly good. Sheamus vs. Christian and the two HIAC matches were really good. Include a really fun ending to the show, and you've got yourself a nice little PPV. Certainly great for filler - which it was.

It has to be Victory Road. Everything was either boring or downright horrible. The ending though, that took the piss. It did nothing but show just how amateur TNA still are.

Some can probably make a good argument about how the show was a letdown. When you weigh the importance of the event against the quality it produced, it really fell short in a lot of ways.

However, I can agree that it was not the worst show of the entire year. Not by a longshot.

I really disliked Vengeance, especially the main event being contested in a partially collapsed ring (and going almost half an hour to boot). Show vs Henry was plodding (at best) and only there for the collapsing ring, which didn't even come from a legitimate superplex. Only Trips involvement with Punk against Awesome Truth showed any originality.

The fact that only December to Dismember has sold less PPVs is a solid indication of how lackluster this truly was.

Hell In A Cell mainly because there was nothing really special or memorable at all about the show everything was pretty weak and considering they never did a follow up on the whole "who kept the cell dropped" shtick they did during the Awesome Truth beat down at the end of the show everything that might have made that good seems totally irrelevant and useless. The show should have been dropped this year, they've never improved since 2009.

I just voted for HIAC for the sake of voting. It really wasn't that bad, and TNA is too irrelevant to make me care about voting for them. Damn, my uncontrolable feelings of willingness to vote. Damn.

To be honest there weren’t any really horrible shows that were on the same level as December to Dismember horror shows. It was a fairly consistent year on PPV for both companies with some obvious exceptions (see Best Show of the Year for some of those). So in the end of the day, this came down to what I felt after a show, and whilst I felt a sense of "meh" following both Over the Limit and Capitol Punishment, I was bitter following Victory Road.

We all know about Jeff Hardy vs. Sting and don't need me repeating that point, but there was also the never ending bitching and moan of Anderson and chapter #189 of his quest to become champion which, when he ultimately did achieve it, was cut short because Bischoff (or whoever) lost faith in him as the person to take the company forward.

Victory Road, and it isn't close, like none of the other shows are within 100 miles of how awful that show was, and how disgraceful that "main event" was. When the match you build your entire show around, and people buy the show for, is 90 seconds of a strung out jackass looking like shit, and forcing their opponent to forcibly end the match for the sake of ending the embarrassment, you win Worst Show of the Year right in that moment. End of Story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back