Worst PPV Storylines/Promos

C.K.O.

Occasional Pre-Show
Simple thread, what was the worst PPV match buildup and promo's?

My choice is WWE No Mercy 2002
Triple H vs. Kane
Champion vs. Champion match (Winner takes all)

[YOUTUBE]qwCtNZRKayU[/YOUTUBE]

The Katie Vick gimmick was THE WORST storyline Kane has ever recieved and that's saying ALOT for those who have followed his career.

I recently watched that :banghead: (I lost the disc long time ago, found another one for five bucks recently, I forgot it was that one)
I remember when I watched that when I was little (and still thought it was real) and even then I was like wait, who am I supposed to cheer for?

Well since you did that one, I will go with Kurt Angle/Booker T feud where Angle all of a sudden had a fetish for "gutter ****s". :disappointed: That was definitely the lowest point in Kurt's career. Also the Kane/Lita/Edge/Snitsky/Matt/Kane's baby was just awful. A year none of those guys will ever get back.

A lot of people thought Edge/Kane/Paul kidnap was awful (which it was) but I think I was the only one laughing my ass off at Paul going going "Kane, oh Kane" and Paul's faces were hilarious.

Kane taking off his mask was the worst to me.....ruined the Kane character if u actually follow alot of these wrestlers from the 90s to now alot of their stories dont make sense...

90's Kane was Takers younger brother who was in the funeral parlor that Taker burned down and Bearer like took care of him till he was ready to wrestle his brother

fast forward to the 2000s kane is drinking and driving
did bearer ground him when he got home?

Booker T v Edge at Wrestlemania 18.

I believe the match came about because Edge was filming a Japanese shampoo commercial, which Tajiri was filming.

I even remember a crowd member holding a sign saying they were fighting over shampoo.

Just awful

Vince and Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels and "God".

That was an absolutely horrid, horrid, idea from the start.

I still wonder how Michaels, a recently born again Christian, ever agreed to being a part of that in the first place, let alone letting him/them get booked to lose...

Vince and Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels and "God".

That was an absolutely horrid, horrid, idea from the start.

I still wonder how Michaels, a recently born again Christian, ever agreed to being a part of that in the first place, let alone letting him/them get booked to lose...

I actually thought that was funny...
But I think god was supposed to be Bret Hart and when he dropped out the WWE went to the only logical thing they could think, instead of replacing Bret Hart with a wrestler they thought god was a much better choice. :lmao:

Most TNA Storylines...but seriously, a few come to mind, i hate when they attack stars who have passed, ie: Randy Orton ripping into Eddie in his feud against Rey Mysterio, it's just done in such bad taste. Besides those that have been mentioned i'll go with:

Al Wilson and Dawn Marie, that whole gold digger storyline was just awful. It wasn't good for anyone involved, and in the end Dawn Marie ends up Screwing him to Death, (and i'm not talking screwing him out of winning a match), You can really tell the WWE writers are Big Jerry Springer fans with some of the crap they write.

I'm going to say Booker T/John Cena heading into SummerSlam 2004. The WWE had the bright idea of having a best-of-7 series between the two for the US Title. Instead of having the final match at one of the biggest PPV's of the year, the geniuses behind the tournament thought that the FIRST match of the series should take place at SummerSlam, effectively making the match a complete waste of time. It was a failure from the start and was one of the many reasons for the way the crowd acted during the PPV (I was there, but I did NOT take part in the wave...)

I would have to say the feud over Dominick with Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio.

The whole thing was just an awkward waste of time, and kind of tasteless if you ask me. Rey was having trouble making a family so Eddie dropped Dominick off for them to raise? ...that was especially tasteless. And wrestling for the custody of a kid? Again, very weird to watch.

Anyway, everyone obviously knew that Rey was Dominick's father, and there was absolutely no point in doing this feud. Sure they put on some good matches, and a very good ladder match at Summerslam (with a few Vickie botches), but what was the point? Where were they planning to go after this whole thing was over? Were Rey and Eddie just supposed to forget smashing each other into ladders for the custody of a kid? It was just a big mess of a storyline that they really should have just not done in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back