Bragging Rights
Hell in a Cell
Survivor Series
Bragging Rights
Hard Justice
Royal Rumble
No Way Out

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

Pay Per Views have been largely changed in the WWE over the past year, with every pay per view being specific. I had a hard time remembering what the matches were for each show, but I remembered.

I had to look back to January and look at the Royal Rumble. I thought it was quite poor and predicable. I am not one to complain, but to see Orton win was way to easy. They gave us a hint of Triple H winning, but we all knew.

Without a doubt, Wrestlemania. This isn't even an argument, at all. The biggest Wrestlemania to date,t he Silver Anniversary of the granddaddy of them all. Matches galore, and what happened.

The word that sums the night up best, Dud.

Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy: Didn't live up to the hype

Rey Mysterio vs. JBL: We same that match the year before with Kane and Chavo.

Jericho vs. the Old Men: If it wasn't for Steamboat stealing the show, it would have been a complete and total failure.

Money In the Bank: Lackluster

Edge vs. Big Show vs. Cena: Better then the other title match, but silly adding the Big Show too it.

And the worst WWE Title match in Mania history, Randy Orton vs. Triple H.

Face it, this card was a one trick pony. Outside of Undertaker vs. HBK, this show is only memorable for how awful it was.

You'd be right about the Rumble. Edge and Hardy failed to click for most of their match, IMO. I've been trying to qualify my feelings on this bout for some time, actually. I don't like it, but I can never articulate why. Anyway, yeah. Not good. JBL-Cena was very average. HBK or Jericho vs. Cena would have been far better. The Rumble was going decentish was but was pretty easy to forget and nowhere near as good as last year's. This year's died once it got down to Legacy, Show, HHH, and Taker. RVD was a highlight though. Shit show.

No Way Out gets points from me. The chambers took up plenty of time and I liked both, with Rey have a GREAT showing in the last one. BFG was kinda good too. Turning Point had some great main events though. Where is that? And Backlash ended with a swell match and had some decent stuff on the undercard and it's not on the poll either.

Shitty nominations. I should have helped out more here.

*Edit* Oh, worst. I see.

Mania had two good matches, those being the World Championship match and Taker-Michaels. Cena-Edge-Show loses points on the night of though, as we'd seen it all for weeks leading up to the show (Cena and Show had a GREAT, overlooked SD match). Still, not the worst.

HIAC had a couple good matches at least. Punk-Taker fell below expectations because of Taker's condition, but it wasn't bad. The tag title match was pretty swell. Not the worst.

I may go with the RR here, for reasons stated above.

Victory Road was the worst PPV of the year.

1.) It featured Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell. Two non-wrestlers who had no business being in a ring while talented workers didn't get a match.

Here's all you need to know about the wrestling clinic this was:

23tinf7.gif

2.) Tara had a lot of momentum, and it was killed in one night when they had Angelina go over her for the Knockouts Title.

3.) They had Angle spoil the PPV at the beginning, saying whoever lost was out of the Main Event Mafia. There wasn't going to be any turnover with the way things were built, and that promo confirmed that.

4.) Kevin Nash went over AJ Styles to win the Legends Championship. Of course, it didn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but it still sucks that Nash (who shouldn't be wrestling in the first place) went over AJ here.

5.) Slick Johnson (easily the worst name in professional wrestling history) showered with Madison Rayne, and the level they committed to it was that Slick had his shirt off and Madison was fully clothed.

6.) Sting vs. Joe was a joke of a match.

7.) Kurt Angle vs. Mick Foley was BORING.

This was seriously the worst put together PPV of the year. There is no way anyone can possibly rationally defend it. I feel bad for the people who decided to order it, as well as stream it for free.

I was disappointed in WrestleMania but I didn't think it was the worst. I've enjoyed a lot of the WWE's ppvs this year and I have to applaud them for at least trying to do some things differently. Some of its worked and some hasn't.

But, for me, I've got to go with TNA's Victory Road. Everything on the ppv was just plain awful. There really was no saving grace to it whatsoever.

I would give the nod to Hell in a Cell. The pay per view was billed to be this great pay per view concept with the main events being Hell in a Cell matches. What ruined it for me was there wasn't a lot of brutality in these matches, like there has been in the past. More importantly, no blood either. I know WWE is scaling back the parental advisory, but come on. Hell in a Cell is parental proof and it is pay per view. You don't want to see it, don't buy it. For me, it was the biggest disappointment of the year.

The worst PPV was Breaking Point. Why hype it as an "all submissions show" for so long, only to turn it into a bad PPV with non-submission matches included? It is my pick for the worst PPV of 2009 because it disappointed me far more than any other show this year.

Have to say Victory Road; I watched TNA occasionally, but after watching this PPV I left TNA well alone. It was just terrible.

Mention go to Wrestlemania 25 (with the exception of HBK & Taker, the card was nothing special. Especially after all the build up and the anniversary) and Hell in a Cell (though I didn't think it was as bad as people made out).

Wrestlemania 25. The grand daddy of them all is meant to seem big. It seemed like any old crap they might produce at any other ppv. Not a way too book the biggest event of the year. Ok one of my biggest issues was the tag title match being bumped off, it was one of the matches I was looking forward too and the WWE got rid of it for a 15 minute Kid Rock concert. I hold grudges.

For me, the most disappointing PPV of the year was easily the Hell in a Cell PPV. This was an easy choice for me because the whole concept of a Hell in a Cell should be reserved for a special match, a special feud, between two particularly antagonistic opponents, something which should happen once a year at most, in fact, perhaps shouldn't even happen every year. This makes it more unique, more anticipated, and more successful if the particular opponents pull it off properly.

Having three HIAC matches in one night, in and of itself, flies in the face of what I said above. And when the feuds themselves weren't anything spectacular, they were even more disappointing.

None of the matches even involved the Cell itself. In other words, the matches could have happened without the Cell even being there, and the action wouldn't have been any different.

I'm not going to debate the whole blood versus no blood argument, this has been done to death on these forums. However a match like HIAC, and the supposed brutality associated with it, has to have blood IMO. If there's no blood, or no real likelihood of it (can never be ruled out 100% as accidents do happen), there really should be no HIAC.

I'm not a big fan of these new PPV concepts (HIAC, TLC, etc.,) anyway. These should be isolated matches, not comprising entire PPV's.

Some of the TNA PPV's might have been worse but I cannot comment on them because I don't purchase that crap. Hard enough to watch it on regular TV for free, I'm certainly not spending my hard-earned money on it.

Most of the TNA PPVs shouldn't be on there, Hard Justice was quite good, BFG was above average, Victory Road wasn't any worse that most PPVs nowadays.

Wrestlemania may have been very disappointing, especially the main event, but a show with 2 or 3 well above average matches shouldn't be considered worst of the year. I also thought the Rumble was better than it's being made out to be.

HIAC has to be the worst for me. First of all, you take an event that's supposed to be special, and give us 3 in one night, including one wasted on a random tag team match NOT for the titles. In 11 previous years, there have only been 16 HIAC matches, but we're having 3 in a span of 3 hours.

Aside from the HIAC matches, you have a forgettable IC Title match, a horrible Diva's match, and filler tag team match featuring Batista and Rey, random US Title match with no build, filler match with Truth and McIntyre.

2 of the 3 HIAC matches were incredibly disappointing. Punk was more or less squashed by Taker in the opener for his apparent bad behavior backstage, or maybe it was just to fuck with us. Cena/Orton was pretty good, but I don't understand the point of giving Orton the title only to drop it a month later. The main event was a completely garbage snoozefest. That match had no business being in the main event either. 2 midcard guys against 2 guys who didn't have anything else to do, big deal. Just an awful, awful PPV.

I think most of you have forgotten the worst PPV of the year.However,I don't blame you for that because possibly you can't recall even a second of this show :JUDGMENT DAY!

All of its matches could be held at a weekly show.Silly WWE Championship where Orton Retains via DQ when he attacked ref,shitty card,boring matches & also the most boring of them all,Cena vs. Big Show.It was just so unimportant that nobody has a memory of that and it seems that there wasn't a Judgement Day.

For damn sure it was the worst PPV of the year.

It sounds like Hell in A Cell or Breaking Point would be the worst, but I haven't seen them. The only WWE PPV's I have seen this year were Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series. Wrestlemania had to be the worst WWE pay per view of those 3 I saw. Undertaker and Michaels was the only saving grace. The WHC wasn't bad but predictable along with the rest of the card.

As far as TNA goes, I didn't find Hard Justice or Victory Road to be horrible. Hard Justice did have some awful matches, but the steel asylum and main event were good. Victory Road had a bad card though. Especially with Jenna against Sharmell which was beyond horrible. I really thought TNA Lockdown was pretty shitty this year. The Lockdown match itself wasn't bad, but the rest of the card was. Foley vs. Sting in the cage was one the worst matches I've seen. It didn't help matters when Eric Young and Danny Bonaduce started the show.

I think it's Night of Champions, but it isn't there. I can't recall many of the shows, i havn't even watched Rumble, No Way Out, WrestleMania 25, Backlash, Judgment Day and Extreme Rules. The Bash was the first PPV i saw.

But NoC, no special matches to prepare for, just what? 13 matches!. None of the matches had time to be good because there should be 12 other matches. Just a boring card. The only highlight was Jeff taking the title from Punk. And i can't recall other matches expept TT match and ECW match. And the boooooooring WWE championship match.

As much as i wanted to select a lesser tna ppv, my pick goes to wrestlemania. The 25th anniversary should have been so much more. None of the matches had too much wrestlemania feel to me with the exception of hbk and taker. It should of been a great ppv, but fell so short.

while i hated Victory road and Hell In A cell, i have to go with Wrestlemania just based on the fact that it didn'T feel like the biggest event of the year.

Wrestlemania 25 had only one match that stood out and it was undertaker vs HBK, outside of that it was the most boring wrestlemania ever. You either had decent match like Cena vs Show vs Edge or really lame match like the 25 divas battle royal. Plus you had the most boring 15 minutes on PPV with the Kid Rock performance. They could have use that time for the unified tag team title match instead, which by the way was the second best match on the card.

So while a lot of PPV deserve to win worst PPV on this list, Wrestlemania deserve to win just based on the sure dissapoinment the PPV was.

I would say WrestleMania, as it is the biggest show of the year and it should deliver something special. That said, it did produce one of the best matches of the year, the Austin goodby was good, people seemed to love Ricky Steamboat, Hardy vs. Hardy was pretty good, there was enough to hold you're intrest in the MITB and the IC match was good, as most short matches are.

Victory Road, on the other hand, was a show filled with matches that were almost as bad as the Diva's battle royal.

WrestleMania. Victory Road was abysmal, but it didn't have a twenty minute Kid Rock concert in the middle of it, nor anything as bad as the divas battle royale. Hardy vs Hardy was tremendously slow paced and as better than expected as Steamboat was, that was more than negated by the absolute embarrassment of Piper and, more so, Snuka. The MITB was what you come to expect, and HBK vs Taker was excellent, but the overall feel of the show was hugely shite.

Judgement Day is in the running for the worst PPV of the year as well. Other than the Jericho/Mysterio match, all the other matches were borderline mediocre or awful. Batista/Orton and Cena/Big Show were unspectacular and I wasn't too impressed with the Edge/Hardy match as their next one would be better. I also can't forget about the botchfest that was Morrison/Benjamin and I'm surprised nobody got seriously hurt because that was one unimpressive performance. Just a horrible PPV save the IC Title match. The endings to the championship matches were suspect and left me wondering that they could have done it a lot better.

I don't pay for pay-per-views that I possibly wouldn't watch for free so I can't rate a TNA show. (Although their last effort was stellar and I'm glad I saw it with a friend who wanted to see Nigel's first ppv).

The most disappointing and for me worst pay-per-view was this past sunday's effort in TLC. I was going into the pay-per-view with expectations of seeing at least two or three incredible matches.

1. The Ladder Match - I realize I just got done ragging on Shelton in another thread. However, it is the highspot atmosphere matches such as ladder matches where Shelton is generally at his best. Christian, meanwhile, is one of my favorite wrestlers and generally never fails to bring his A game.

However, the ladder match was very underwhelming. I cheered for it at the time but in retrospect it was disappointing. It had nothing to do with the brief pause in the match due to Christian getting bloodied up (he couldn't help that so I did my best to disregard that from the overall context of things) but I didn't feel that there was much, if anything innovative about the match. We also didn't see some of their signature moves in a ladder match environment. We didn't see Shelton's "OMG, he just launched himself from outside of the ring to the top of the ladder!" move, etc. Just disappointing.

The Cena Vs Sheamus ending was rubbish. It either smelled of a major screw up or Cena refusing to put Sheamus over in a fashion that befitted what they had built him up as being. In a way it has taken away from my enjoyment from watching Sheamus as champion because it now looks like a fluke. It would have been much better had he beaten Cena and with the way that they had built the match up that Cena was actually surprised that Sheamus is as good as he is and that he had a major lapse in judgment. It would have built up the rematch a hell of a lot better than what it is going to be now.

The Undertaker Vs Batista ending was pure and simple bad writing. Yes, they had to make it look as though Batista did all he could without becoming champion. They did not, however, have to revert to what was written. Ugly. There was a screw job ending in another Smackdown brand show (McIntyre Vs Morrison) -- why didn't they change the outcome of that match? Yes, Teddy said he owed Undertaker for past indiscretions against him, but be consistent!

The main event was too slow. Show entered the match injured and the other three competitors really would have had to reinvent the wheel for it to be a classic. Again there wasn't anything innovative about the match -- even the ladder suplex move that they had used (I'd just seen it done at an independent show here in Australia a couple of weeks before).

I will say that the McIntyre Vs Morrison and Kofi Kingston Vs Orton (picture perfect example of how to put over talent without having to lose the match, kudos Mr Orton, you've done it again) matches were excellent. However, the rest of the card disappointed big time. That gets my vote this year.

I voted for Wrestlemania. The unification tag team match between Miz & Morrison and the Colons that I had been hyped up for was all of a sudden made a dark match. HBK vs. Undertaker was, as I remember someone previously saying, signature move followed by a pinfall followed by resting over and over again. The Money in the Bank match was disappointing at best. JBL/Mysterio was a joke. I don't even remember the details of the main events except for the FU Cena did on both Edge and Big Show. Hardy vs. Hardy was the only match that PPV had worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back