Kane v. Khali: Summerslam
Triple H v. Randy Orton: WrestleMania
Foley v. Angle: Keys on a Pole Match.
Indians v. Pilgrims: Thanksgiving Raw
Rey Mysterio v. JBL: Wrestlemania
Vickie v. Santina: Hog pen match
Royal Rumble

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

2009 will not be a year for memories in the WWE in my vote. I missed more episodes of WWE product than I have in years.

But through all the shit, and there was a lot of it, I was disgusted in a match we saw in the American Thanksgiving. It featured Pilgrims, it featured Indians, and they battled against each other. It was probably the worst match I have ever viewed. If Maryse did not save it, it would have been the worst segment of the year for the WWE.

Vickie/Santina hog pen match, easily. It shouldn't even be considered a "match", and is a disgrace to wrestling. It was a comedy skit that failed miserably. Nothing remotely entertaining came from it. Santina, the funny one, didn't even participate. The audience was silent, and thankful when the "match" came to an end. It was a pure slop fest, crappy pun intended.

How could you not vote for this match?

I think this one is a no brainer. Pick up a copy of Victory Road and watch the Morasca-Sharmell match, if you can. It was horrible. Neither one of them had a clue what they were doing out there. Looked like it was the first time they had even been in a wrestling ring and neither one of them even knew like they had a clue what to do. Absolutely awful!

Half of the matches I didn't expect anything from so I'm not going to comment on them. To me it's either Orton/HHH or Royal Rumble and I'm going to go with the Rumble. It was sooooo predictable and you knew it was going to come down to Orton and HHH in some shape, form, or fashion. Besides RVD appearing, there wasn't anything memorable about the Rumble and it is one I wouldn't watch again.

I think this one is a no brainer. Pick up a copy of Victory Road and watch the Morasca-Sharmell match, if you can. It was horrible. Neither one of them had a clue what they were doing out there. Looked like it was the first time they had even been in a wrestling ring and neither one of them even knew like they had a clue what to do. Absolutely awful!

23tinf7.gif

This made me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan, and watching that PPV was what made me from a TNA follower to having just casual interest. This match is pretty much the reason why. Two untrained wrestlers having a match for 10 minutes, and they were completely lost. Meanwhile, Kong was on the outside wondering whose Cheerios she pissed in to get to the point where these two were wrestling on the main card and she wasn't. There is so much TNA can do to put together the best PPV cards possible. People pay for the PPVs. I know that if I bought Victory Road and this match was on, I'd do everything in my power to get my money back and never order a TNA PPV again.

The worst match of the year was Jenna Morasca VS Sharmell. Matches between female wrestlers are given quite a hard time on this forum, and I'm one of those who defends the ones that are actually good.... but even I found this match hard to watch. It should not even have happened. It was a match that was embarrassing to see, and also a waste of time because there were other wrestlers who could have been on the show that night but didn't get to because of this match. It is the worst of all the matches of 2009 though because I simply can't think of a single good thing to say about it.

All of the matches in the poll deserve to be there because they were all horrible matches. But my vote is going to go to Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell at Victory Road.

Both of them have no business in the ring. I don’t think either one of them is trained enough to even have a passable match. That match went on longer then it should have. No, scratch that because the match should have never happened. I was actually embarrassed of being a TNA fan for a minute. Completely atrocious match and it’s getting my vote.

I really go for Randy orton vs. HHH @ WM.When i just compare what we have to expect from the main event of Wrestlemania & what we saw,I see this match just as a load of crap.

I went with Hornswoggle vs Chavo Gurrerro.

While it may not have meant this match specifically, it was probably the worst match I've ever seen, and honestly made me sad to be a wrestling fan.

This alone makes me cry, to this very day. Its sad what they've done to Chavo throughout the course of this feud. From costing Rey Mysterio his World title, to one of the best feuds of Chavo's career with Gurrerro, to a long slope down, to not even being able to defeat a midget.

This, is the worst match of the year, and anyone that says otherwise (Outside of Sharmell vs Morasca,) is simply moronic.

All I have to say is that at least Jenna vs Sharmell actually had the look and feel of a wrestling match, as shitty of a match as it was, it was actually supposed to be a match. The worst match of the year can't even be called a wrestling match........Chavo vs Hornswoggle was just one long bad joke that put on a mask as being a wrestling match. Anything that has to do with somebody dressing up as a cow can't ever be called a wrestling match. It is a damn shame what they have done to Chavo who can still "go" and still put on good matches when given the chance! LET CHAVO WRESTLE, AND QUIT PUTTING HIM IN THESE RIDICULOUS ANGLES!

I went with Hornswoggle vs Chavo Gurrerro.

While it may not have meant this match specifically, it was probably the worst match I've ever seen, and honestly made me sad to be a wrestling fan.

This alone makes me cry, to this very day. Its sad what they've done to Chavo throughout the course of this feud. From costing Rey Mysterio his World title, to one of the best feuds of Chavo's career with Gurrerro, to a long slope down, to not even being able to defeat a midget.

This, is the worst match of the year, and anyone that says otherwise (Outside of Sharmell vs Morasca,) is simply moronic.

This pretty much sums it up for me too. I don't know if you could consider Hornswoggle vs. Chavo a real match, but it was definitely the worst thing I have seen in wrestling period. Worst then Mantaur, worst then Robocop in WCW, worst then Mae Young giving birth, and almost as bad as Triple H having sex with a corpse. These went on for way too long, and is still continuing on today.

You know it's bad when the Soup makes fun it. They even made fun of Masters flexing his pecs to Chavo last week. When Hornswoggle put that cow head on, and the whole arena echoed MOOOO! I wanted to burn every WWE DVD I ever had.

The again, I don't think you can call Sharmell vs. Morasca an actual match either. This was crap from the get go. I would have nominated Cody Deaner against ODB, but this was even worst. Morasca was really upset because she "trained" and thought she put on a better match then most people.

I blame TNA more for going through with that atrocious idea. Her hooker tights didn't make things better either. They were gross. Summer of 2009 was a dark time in wrestling. You had this garbage on TNA along with the Chavo/Hornswoggle feud on Raw. Let's hope next year we wont have such a long list.

There have been so many celebrities wrestling on Raw lately, we could have an entirely different thread on those awful matches. Especially the worst one being Cedrc the Entertainer vs. Chavo Guerrero.

Hmmmm, I can't really disagree with the choices on here. There have been some pretty terrible matches this year from both the WWE and TNA. There were a few matches I was expecting a lot out of, like the Triple H/Orton match at WM, and I was disappointed. It wasn't a great match, but it wasn't shit rotten horrible either.

On the surface, I think that Chavo vs. Hornswoggle is a very easy choice. The WWE has rammed this turd down our throats for months and months on end. But, I do have to say, that it was pretty enertaining for a few weeks. I thought they'd do it for maybe a month tops and then just let it fall away. I can't blame anyone for voting for it, but it did keep me entertained for a few weeks.

Overall, I'm going to have to go with the Sharmell/Jenna Morasca match at Victory Road. It was beyond horrible, truly beyond horrible. We all give the Divas in the WWE a hard time and from TNA, that's had some of the best female wrestling you'll see anywhere, I was expecting MUCH MUCH more and better in terms of Knockout match quality. This is the sort of match I'd expect the WWE to do for the Divas. The WWE doesn't take women's wrestling seriously after all. However, TNA very much has in the past and that's a big part of why you just look at this match and ask yourself: What in the blue fuck were they thinking?

Orton vs HHH at WM25. Yes there are allot of terrible matches but the main event of Wrestlemania is meant to be big and exciting. This years main event didn't feel big, it wasn't exciting and watching it and hearing the ref yell out to HHH at the end that he had a minute left and having such a weak ending.... Just made a bad Mania worse.

I have decided to be the only person who went for other. Mainly because of when I think of bad matches, there is one that sticks out in my mind. That match, is this one:

Eugh! This is not only the worst match of the year, it is perhaps the worst match I have ever seen in the 15 or so years I have been watching wrestling for. You could look at any point of this match and just be struck dumb by the lack of class. Mickie James is the diva who botches the most, at least in my mind, and this performance is one of the worst I ahve ever seen. Not only was it a poor match, it was a terrible performance from someone who was wearing a championship and then showed a very undignified display at the end of the match, even though it was her that fucked it up. The commentating was terrible at that point and it would have been better if they had said nothing at all. Such a ghastly match.

That Raw match was pretty bad, but I think this gem might top it. I almost forgot about this monstrosity. Eric Young vs. Danny Bonaduce at Lockdown was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen. It was a match on a free for all before the Lockdown PPV. If I didn't pay for the PPV already, I would of seriously thought twice about buying the PPV after this abortion.

[YOUTUBE]GIvis7yXdWw[/YOUTUBE]

How can you NOT vote for Hornswoggle vs. Chavo??? The only good thing that came out of these matches was that it allowed the WWE Universe to all join in unison in agreement and scream, "PLEASE STOP PUTTING THESE MATCHES ON TELEVISION!"

Just an absolute embarrassment and tragedy to watch.

I really want to know why the Divas Battle Royal isn't winning this. That was a truly awful segment, and practically ruined the entire silver anniversary of WrestleMania. Not only did it shit all over the show, but it kept shitting all over the company for a few months, leading to horrible match after horrible match. This also slowed down Beth Phoenix, and made a mockery of the entire women's division in the WWe, even more than Vince was doing with it...

Gotta be Chavo v Hornswoggle... Women's wrestling in general bores me, so its tough to distinguish one boring match from the next. I would say the same about Chavo/Horn, but they shoved it down our throats for SOOO long that it made me care, and not in a good way.

I would have voted for HHH/Orton if the category was "most disappointing match of the year", for Im sure we all held out high hopes for that one.

This year will be remembered for Chavo/Hornswoggle, so it has to get some the win here. The "Cow" match was just plain awful and tought to watch. "He's going up for a big MOOOOOVE!" Completely awful commentary as well. The whole storyline was just bad.

The Pilgrims/Indians match was also pretty terrible and mildy offensive, some of those other Diva's matches were pretty awful too. JBL's career ending in 15 seconds was also a moment I'd like to forget.

The Keys on a Pole Match is one that isn't getting enough attention either. First of all, the concept was just plain stupid, it was for the keys to an office. Secondly, it was a pole match, which has been completely overdone in TNA. Thridly, it was just boring to watch. Literally just random punches back and forth througout the whole match and the crowd didn't care at all. It ended with a Mafia beatdown which was happening pretty much every week at that point. An awful main event that was on one of the worst wrestling shows I've ever seen.

Most of the other matches aren't that bad, but because they didn't live up to expectations, they've gotten a lot of crap.

Ugh! I on a mistake voted for Mickie/AFox, I wanted to vote for Maryse/Mickie.
Mickie & Alicia's match was bad, but Maryse/Mickie was worse, and they are supposed to be two of the top divas.

It didn't help that the crowd could care less(like most diva's matches), and that their was 2 diva's match in one night, and that McCool/Melina was probably the best diva's match of the year.

It was boring(boring chants from the fans, and me skipping halfway through), sloppy(like most diva's matches, but when all they pretty much did was a few kicks and punches I expect better). It just was an overall blah match, from 2 highly liked, highly praised women.

gotta go with jenna vs sharmell...that had no business being on ppv at all. They should not even fight on free tv. And tna wonders why people dont buy their ppv's..it because of awful matches like this.

Randy Orton vs. Triple H.

Them stinking up what was a poor WrestleMania is more of a crime than any Hornswoggle vs. Chavo Guerrero match. Don't forget that Orton vs. HHH was placed last on the card, they're both talented workers and they're two of the biggest stars in the promotion.

They got the psychology of the match all wrong and the crowd was dead for their match. I don't buy into excuses like the crowd were tired. They reacted well to Austin several mintes before and if the match was good enough fans would've got into it.

It's not like they haven't had better matches together on lesser shows. They should've done something really special for what should've been WWE's biggest ever show.

Hornswoggle vs. Chavo wasn't supposed to anything other than comedy filler.

Jenna Morasca vs Sharmell- It is really stretching it when you call this match a wrestling match, when their was almost no visible wrestling in this match (Yes the many Hornswoggle vs Chavo Guerrero matches were just brutal, but at least they did a move or two).

These two women shouldnt be allowed to ever step into a ring again. 4 sided, 6 sided, 3 sided it doesnt matter.

Awesome Kong and Sojo did all they could to make this match look less shit, but it was no use. This match was DOA.

Anything involving a little person against an experienced wrestler should win this. It's disgraceful they kept this going for weeks on end. And even hint around to having them feud again. It's a shame that they'd waste 10 minutes on something as useless as a wrestler going against a little person. Hornswoggle appeals to kids and I know this. But most of us are grown up and don't like to see gimmick matches with Horny and Chavo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back