World Series Champs vs the Japanese Champions?

BooCocky

On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
Could this actually work? I know it is being discussed but I just believe this is an attempt to bolster Seligs legacy. And I believe this would be a bad idea on the American side. Say we lose it kind of defeats the purpose of calling baseball "America's past time" when we can't beat someone outside the US. I think this is to much to bargain for. Where will the games be played? Traveling back and forth would be too much, and it's kind of impossible to agree on a neutral site.

So is this a good idea? Can this ultimately hurt MLB seeing as how the best players might not even be playing in America? Is this a great idea? Will this be a way for the US to gloat about being better than everyone in Baseball?

So can this work?

Japan is the hotbed of baseball in the world right now in my opinion, just be judging the World Classic, but I consider the MLB the showcase, where Japanese players do go, as well as Cubans, Dominicans, Canadians, Panamanian, and the rest of the world. I think the better players are IN the MLB on average, and that they would win against the Japanese Champions.

As MLB does not call itself the best in the world, or ever really consider this, I think this would be a great thing to do at the end of the season. It could be a great series to be played in a key location in America and Japan, switching year to year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back