• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WM 13 I quit Match

PsychoBlack

Damn it feels good to be a Taylor!!
I watched it over the weekend and for the life of me i cant find it more than average the Magnum TA vs Tully Blanchard was FAR better while being much shorter

But in all seriousness...I haven't seen mania 13 in awhile, but I don't remember being overly impressed by it. I'd much rather watch Triple Threat from Breakdown: IYH.

I’ve said it many times. There is much more to a match than just what happens from bell to bell. You need to consider what WWF was like at the time. I don’t really blame you for not thinking too much of it if this is the first time you saw it. If you saw it when it happened and had already been following WWF you’d probably have a different opinion. A match spilling into the crowd never happened until then. After that it happened all the time. I grew to hate it when that happened, but it was ok when Bret and Austin did it because it was different.

Also you could probably count on one hand the number of matches that had blood over the past ten years. To see that amount of bloodshed in a match was unique. The WWF was changing at the time and a lot of people look at that match as the start of the attitude era. The fans were already warming up to Austin, but that is the match that launched his career to superstardom.

The story was great, the crowd was hot, and the finish was fantastic. Great match.

Not to mention Ross' commentary being completely awesome. You also get the rarest of rare in wrestling: the double turn.

I have not seen Magnum vs. Tully. I didn't see much from the NWA. If I were to watch it now I probably wouldn't appreciate it unless I knew the backstory going in.

Triple Threat from Breakdown: IYH is one of my absolute favorite matches ever, particularly the promo compilation beforehand. I could listen to Austin say "you big dead bastard" all day.

It's more or less the same match: redneck vs. technical master in an i quit match, although the Magnum/Tully match was in a cage.

True but i know a lot more about how the Horseman could not stand Magnum then i do the Bret SCSA feud

That's the key. That is the importance of storylines. That is why I disagree with those who say the bell to bell action is all that matters.

We have two matches that are very similar. You like one better than the other because you are familiar with the story. That's understandable and proves there's more to wrestling than just the match.

That's the key. That is the importance of storylines. That is why I disagree with those who say the bell to bell action is all that matters.

We have two matches that are very similar. You like one better than the other because you are familiar with the story. That's understandable and proves there's more to wrestling than just the match.

True because as i think about it every match that I consider one of my favorites i know the storyline too except for a few Japanese ones

Never cared for Magnum vs Tully but I guess I got to see it if you guys are comparing it to the greatest match ever.

I'll still not get the appeal of it though because I was not there to witness the storyline live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back