Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Is Close To Being Made

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
This willl be for the World Heavyweight Championship if it's ever signed. Both sides have had representatives come out and say that the talks have increased and are progressive. Here are some words from challenger, David Haye.

"I have been chasing this fight since day one, because I know boxing styles and I know which styles I have success against.

"Klitschko is ready-made for me. I eat tall, chinny Eastern European Heavyweights for breakfast. Wladimir is a fighter that doesn't like to fight, and he has admitted that fact in the past. Unfortunately for him, I am a fighter that loves nothing more than fighting.

"I have the heart of lion, whereas Wladimir has the heart of a hyena. He cries and squeals and slips into the wilderness at the first sign of danger. Wladimir has proven this over the years, and I'm certain he will want no part of this lion when it finally comes time to go to war."

This isn't too bad for the start of promotions, I will say. However, this match is intriguing, regardless. Two big, fast, explosive Heavyweights that people actually care about but that can be hurt. Can't ask for much more.

Questions:

1. Who do you think wins?

2. Scale of 1-10, how big is this fight for you and why?

Questions:

2. Scale of 1-10, how big is this fight for you and why?

Firstly I am only sorry I didn't see this sooner. I've been really preoccupied with the WZ Tournament, but I am very glad to see this posted.

Klitschko. He's just too good. I am going to be surprised if Haye can get within the jab of Klitschko. Ever since he and his brother started to train with Emanuel Steward their whole boxing game has went to another level, just like Lennox Lewis did. Haye has got the tools to give Klitschko all the problems he does and doesn't want, and even enough tools to knock him out, I just don't foresee him being able to utilize them in an effective way. If he tries to get wild and push the issue trying to make it a "fight", Klitschko is going to make him pay for it. Wlad unquestionably has the power to floor Haye with ease and is the better technical boxer here, with better footwork. Haye has a relatively untested chin, comparable power, possibly greater speed, but just doesn't posses the pure boxing skills to outsmart and outpoint Wlad.

The only thing I've got to say against Wlad is that he has shown in the past that he doesn't have the best chin. If Haye can manage to somehow get inside that long jab of Klitschko's and connect with big power shots he could upset Wlad. Still, I find that the least likely of scenarios. How does it go down? Probably like most of Wlad's other opponents, he gets worn down, beat down, and either TKO'd or plain KO'd within 8-10 rounds.

2. This fight is pretty huge in my book. Outside of Vitali and Wlad fighting each other I think this is the biggest fight the Heavyweight division can produce and it should be a very good one. I am interested to see if David Haye is as good as his mouth makes him out to be. I've followed his career thus far and seen nothing to say so. I am also interested because Haye is the best heavyweight out there not named Klitschko, and if Wlad beats him than in my opinion he proves that he truly is the best heavyweight in the world.

I'm edging towards Haye and I'll explain why. Wlad is technically very good but that's really all he has to offer, he'll jab your face off all night but he only has average power, average speed, reasonable footwork. He really isn't anything special but he's hard working. Now Haye is exactly the kind of fighter that Wlad will hate, he's maybe lacking a little technique and is quite loose but he's phenomenally quick, does have power and has just enough flair to actually catch Wlad, and that's all he needs. Haye really only needs 1 good punch, not to knock Wlad out but just to make him a little ragged, then once that technique is gone, Haye will be all over him.

2. Scale of 1-10, how big is this fight for you and why?[/QUOTE]

I'd say a 7. It's the first interesting fight at heavyweight in years but it's not THE fight at heavyweight, that's Haye Vs Vitali (and in that case Vitali would kill him).

I will agree with this fight being the only dream heavyweight fight on offer. I'd go with Haye all day long because I think he is well rounded enough to beat Klitschko. Haye is a superb fighter and I would love to see him take his rightful place on top of the division.

After his demolition of Harrison and the giant Russian guy, this is the only fight I want to see happen in boxing.

As for the Klits... the robot brothers, Vitali is looking to retire at the end of this year supposedly, if Haye doesnt fight him then it'll be pretty pathetic, he'll get a fight out of Wlad I guess but it wont be the same, whatever Vitali says about his younger brother fact is Wlad the second best of the brothers and its the older one Haye needs to beat. Like Manny and Floyd though it's looking more and more unlikely, but why risk your record when people will pay to watch you beat overhyped nobodies?

Thats my opinion about the Robots from the Haye vs Harrison thread, it hasnt changed, good to see that David Haye is taking one of them on anyway, even if I do think its the worse one of the two. With any luck David will get a win to shut him up, then move on to challenge Vitali, unless he dissapoints and retires before hand.

1. Who do you think will win? Torn here, dont rate Wlad as highly as Vitali, but I dont think I've really seen Haye do enough to prove that he could win. Hoping for Haye though.

2. How big is this fight for you? I'd give it a 7/10. It is a big fight where it's not exactly a foregone conclusion for once. Besides, it'll unify a few titles and help clean up that mess of a division.

Well the rumourmill was in full flow the week before the bout and im glad that this bout should finally be happening. I fancy Haye to ko him and the reason for this is that while Wlad is the more athletic brother, he also is waaaay more timid because of that glass jaw he has. The problem is how do you get to that jaw? Since teaming up with Manny Steward his defence has become flawless working behind that jab. But he has never faced anybody as explosive and hard hitting as Haye, i expect the first few rounds to be very slow with each other feeling their opponent out and it really is going to be a case of who lands the first big punch. Haye is faster and has shown he has the killer instinct that Wlad has been lacking. Haye ko in rounds 4 or 5 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back