• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will the WWE Ever End?

Will the WWE ever Die?

• Yes, but not anytime soon.

• Yes, very soon.

• No, it will live on forever.

• It will be replaced by TNA/ other Pro Wresling Company

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silent~Screamer

Local Talent
Well, yes, all shows will have to end, but can any of else tell when?

Now a lot of people say the WWE will die after big names like John Cena and Edge leave WWE. That couldn't be further from the truth. After Shawn Michaels left WWE already went to work at building up new characters so people would completely forget about Michaels. And, to be honest, I forgot.

Another thing, WWE has the potential to replace Cena easily, Vince knows what the audience wants. They have replaced big names before and still manage to keep the viewers hooked. The WWE was fine after Hulk "retired". They still moved on after The Rock and Austin, so why would this cycle end after Cena and company?

But there is one problem, Pro Wrestling itself. The sport will not always be interesting to viewers and they may tire of it, a new kind of "sport" or entertainment could come along and take away from WWE's audience. May I remind you, Pro Wrestling replaced real wrestling in the mid 1900s?

So, this now comes to your opinion. Do you see the possibility of WWE ending anytime soon, or is its expiration far off from now? Perhaps another wrestling organization will takeover? Or maybe you think the WWE will never die, that's your opinion, and I'd like to know.

I think that sonner or later the WWE will end and be bought by another company. Now that most likey won't happen until long after Vinnymack is gone. but all good things must come to an end. I mean look what happen to the AWA, in the 70's that company was one of the places to be that made stars. Then WWF came along with Vince leading it and bought every company. Or it could go out like WCW making bad choices in parteners who won't nothing to do with wrestling. Either way another company will come along with the star power and money power that will surpass the mcmahons and buy them out

I think it might end in the form it is now but, honestly, it'll somehow keep trucking along. Wrestling's been around since people found a way to exploit violence for cash gain, as long as money can be made, there'll be wrestling. Just might be WEE by then (World entertaining entertainment if Kevin Dunn and that have their way)

I'm actually not sure whether WWE will ever "end".

I think that there's always a chance a company can go out of business ,there's no doubt in that, the "danger" is always lurking so you can't say that a company is guaranteed to be around forever.

But on the other hand, WWE is doing great, and has been doing great for many years, with the exception of 2 years in the 90's until Stone Cold Steve Austin got over and helped WWE overtake WCW, something like that could happen again if WWE ever gets to the point where they would be loosing viewers.

So I will say it could really go both ways, WWE could remain forever, or WWE could close down in a week, it all depends on how business goes, and what they do to keep it alive, hell Vince could choose to shut it down on tomorrows RAW for all I know, it's all about what happens next so to say.

The WWE is by far and away the biggest wrestling promotion on this side of the western world and nothing is ever likely to change that.

I voted that it will end but not for a long time yet. It's more a process of elimination with this question, to be honest. I don't think TNA will ever become the sort of operation that could ever rival the WWE. The one time that they have tried to go head-to-head with the WWE, they got absolutely spanked and went back to Thursday nights with their tails between their legs. That being said, I am not wishing any harm on TNA. A lot of people enjoy the promotion and as long as they keep entertaining the people that are paying for their material, then more power to them in all honesty.

Similarly, the WWE aren't just going to close their doors one day and tell people not to come back. Not when they are doing as well as they are. Sure, they could be doing better but they are still making money. They are also so secure in their foundations that it would never just stop and no crisis could ever really stop it. Perhaps is Vince died, and I hope not for a long time, whilst he was in charge, there may be a shares issue and confidence would fall but I doubt that.

With that being said, everything comes to an end. One day, there will be no WWE. There is no way of telling when that will be or how it will come around but it certainly wont be going forever.

I have been watching wrestling for over 20 years, and at first i was not a wwe/f fan. I could not stand hogan as a kid( but warrior was my fav wrestler then). I enjoyed watching Sting and Flair actually wrestle more than i did the soap opera the wwf had. The 90's changed everything, WWE/F became more intense and the WCW dropped the ball. WWE has survived everything from steroid scandals, wrestler deaths in ring, the benoit tragedy, and every other promotion it has been up against. We all talk about how lame the product is now, but we have to remember that it is us who have gotten older and not interested into the over the top wrestling entertainment. Wrestling has always been geared towards the kids and was most of the time pg, minus a few years of the attitude era, so as long as kids still watch any form of wrestling the WWE will remain on top because they are the best at what they do and that is getting young kids hooked like heroin addicts to heroin.

I don't see it ending anytime soon, but I think it's impossible to say anything will go on FOREVER. I'll say this: I think Vince McMahon will die before the WWE does. Once he's gone, who knows what will happen? For all people like to say bad things about him, you have to remember that he's a genius. And not just your average genius, he's a genius among geniuses. He knows how to run a wildly successful wrestling company better than anybody who's ever lived. Anybody who denies that is simply blinded by hate. (WCW fans, TNA fans, people who don't like 'Sports Entertainment' wrestling, etc)

What will happen when he dies? Does Stephanie know how to run a company? Does Triple H? We don't know. Nobody knows. Maybe the WWE will be even better when they take over. Maybe it'll go bankrupt within a few years. Or maybe it'll be something in between.

I voted for yes, but not anytime soon. EVENTUALLY - and this could be 100 years from now - the company will cease to exist.

I really don't understand the point of this question. Whether or not the WWE survives as a corporation that produces a sports entertainment product similar to the one we recognize today as professional wrestling depends entirely on a large number of factors that have nothing to do with professional wrestling.

For example (listed in ascending order of scale):

-Will wrestling as we know it remain a viable commodity in the face of the growing popularity of MMA?
-Will television and PPV still remain meaningful markets into the future as entertainment technology becomes more sophisticated and mass media markets continue to fragment?
-Will capitalism itself survive the growing imbalances in the world economy?
-Will a nuclear holocaust wipe out the whole world 10 years from now?

It's kind of pointless to speculate on the future of one company when you consider how contingent its existence is in the first place

This is a silly thread. Of course it will end. One day the universe will implode and everything will end.

There will always be a place for professional wrestling. Whether or not it will be the same as it has remains to be seen. Things change so will the WWE. I have been watching for over a decade and I have seen many things change. Today's product is not the same as it was when guys like Rick Rude, Randy Savage, and Jake the Snake competed.

if it didn't ruin the company when they came out and said wrestling was absolutely fake, i don't see it ending anytime soon.

like the one poster above, i have been watching wrestling since the mid-80s and still watch it. not as diehard as i used to, but still occasionally watch.

i'm sure there is a hierarchy in place when vince kicks the bucket. some thought vince jr. would blow it when he bought the company from his dad, but he made it better. i am sure whomever takes over for vince will be able to make the product even better than it is now.

and even if hhh/steph end up running the show, the product is so big, even trips' backstage politics couldn't totally run it into the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back