Will the Raw crew being stuck in Europe help TNA

wushady

Championship Contender
I was just wandering and I haven't seen anyone else start this. Will the Raw crew being stuck in Europe help Impacts rating? Or will it bring more ratings for Raw? Since it will be something new and original on Raw for a change.

I think it will help Raws rating a little the show has been stale this could make it interesting. I am looking forward to see how Raw comes off with smackdown talent.

I honestly don't think it will help TNA's ratings at all to be honest with you. I don't think one night's misfortune for the Raw brand will result in a twist in the ratings. I will give TNA credit right now as they've just made some big announcements to promote tonight's show. But the Smackdown crew will hold down the fort for the Raw show, and I think the fans (young and old) will stick with the show even though their favorite wrestlers might be stuck in Ireland.

No i dont think it will boost TNA because a majority of the WWE fans are unaware of tna or they just dnt care about TNA. This week it will b SD! vs TNA

I know the IWC is a small percent of the audience, so for those who actually know there is a difference I am not sure if it will matter at all.

But for me, I think I am more excited for Raw than I have been for a while, because I am interested to see what happens with the limited staff. It is sort of like being on of the few kids at school for a snow day, anything can hapen, new feuds could happen in the one day, and perhaps a title change could happen tonight. If others think this way, I think Raw might actualyl be more interesting.

I don'tthink the ratings will change very much for both shows. If you ask me TNA will nit gain in ratings until they can get top talent from the WWE to change ships. It really doesn't matter what the WWE does, Raw will be consistent unless they screw up badly like by having no matches(idk). It will be interesting to see what the Sd stars will do and if the Raw stars will play a role in the show so I don't see a change for the ratings at all.

Not at all, I think this could boost RAW's rating. People are gonna want to see where WWE goes with this whole thing, and i'm one of those people.

No, this won't boost TNA's ratings. If anything, it'll knock them down, as Smackdown will basically be taking over Raw for the night.

Which leaves the question: What about Friday night Smackdown? Will that be replaced with Raw, or just stay the same? I'm assuming the latter, but who knows?

i think if anything raws rating will go up from last weeks 3.2.... just because most fans dont know or care about TNA.... also most fans dont know that the raw superstars are stuck in Europe.... also from what ive read in the forums most people here will watch raw out of curiosity of how raw will be with the sd guys....
and as for tna....the rating will remain the same or go lower as most people will want see a NEW raw for only one night...
but thats just me

TNA has HUGE opportunity to gain a few more viewers with tonights broadcast but they need to deliver total non stop action fo the entire show.

Casual fans who tune in for Cena Orton etc may get the urge to switch over to TNA when they don't see their favorite stars.

It's not quick fix for TNA but it is an opportunity to grab a handful of new viewers.

This is their only shot due to Raw having to stand on one leg, so it might work to their advantage. It'd be easier if they could actually promote themselves though.

TNA has HUGE opportunity to gain a few more viewers with tonights broadcast but they need to deliver total non stop action fo the entire show.

And they most certainly did tonight.

Casual fans who tune in for Cena Orton etc may get the urge to switch over to TNA when they don't see their favorite stars.

That's if they've ever even heard of TNA in the first place.

It's not quick fix for TNA but it is an opportunity to grab a handful of new viewers.

Maybe enough to go up by .1 or .2 if they're lucky -- and hopefully keep those new ratings after tonight.

I have faith in TNA tonight 'cause the show was better tonight that the first hour of Raw that I watched.

Really the WWE Raw Superstars not being on Raw tonight was not the bad part of the show. In reality the downfall of Raw for months has been the Guest Host segment. I am tired of lame host and even worse acting. No guest host has been good and really it is a waste of time to watch WWE when they come out and attemped to talk trash on the crowd or other wrestler. I MEAN MACGRUPER!!! REALLY WTF?

I remember when David Arquette was in WCW. Then became world champion. It was the start of a downward spiral. And if WWE is not careful and downward spiral is inevitable.

LONG LIVE DOINK THE CLOWN (GREATEST WRESTLER EVER)

Really the WWE Raw Superstars not being on Raw tonight was not the bad part of the show. In reality the downfall of Raw for months has been the Guest Host segment. I am tired of lame host and even worse acting. No guest host has been good and really it is a waste of time to watch WWE when they come out and attemped to talk trash on the crowd or other wrestler. I MEAN MACGRUPER!!! REALLY WTF?

I remember when David Arquette was in WCW. Then became world champion. It was the start of a downward spiral. And if WWE is not careful and downward spiral is inevitable.

LONG LIVE DOINK THE CLOWN (GREATEST WRESTLER EVER)

You could not be more correct the guest host shit needs to stop. Tonight's was probably the worst.

I don't think tonight's ratings will show it, but Impact was a thousand times better than Raw. On Impact we saw Jeff Hardy vs RVD in a good match, then RVD vs Styles in a better match. We saw that the title can change hands on TV, too.

On Raw we saw terrible segments, and the World Champ get taken down a notch.

Let me get this straight... it wasn't the ACTOR who plays MacGruber who was hosting Raw... it was ACTUALLY MacGruber?

Didn't WWE fans rip apart WCW when they had the character Arliss on the show (portraying the character, not the actor)?

I've actually liked a few of the guest hosts, like Shaq, Bob Barker, and William Shatner, but this was ridiculous.

As far as ratings go, I don't think the Raw superstars not being at Raw will affect the numbers to any appreciable degree. For the first time in quite a while, I have to say that iMPACT! was an overall better show last night. Samoa Joe returned, which some fans are no doubt thrilled for, and TNA put on a couple of dream matches last night. One of said matches resulted in a new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

However, Raw does have some pretty good excuses for not being as good last night. After all, most of the Raw superstars are stuck in Ireland, are still there at this moment I think and the WWE had to whip together something on short notice. Overall, however, TNA iMPACT! was a decidedly better show last night. Took an act of God for it to happen, but it did happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back