will the pandemic change the wrestling scene?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
While i don't think WWE and AEW will close because of the current situation, they're still losing a lot of money right now but at the end of the day, they're going to be able water the storm and will be able to rebound from this. But what about the smaller promotions like IMPACT and MLW or even some of the international promotions and the smaller indy promotions. How many of them will have to close because of this. I don'T know but i'm sure that the wrestling landscape will be completely different when we finally get through this.

It would be amazing if this pandemic is the thing that finally puts the final nail in the coffin for Impact. They've been on life support for so long, nothing has been able to kill them. Maybe this could do it.

It would be amazing if this pandemic is the thing that finally puts the final nail in the coffin for Impact. They've been on life support for so long, nothing has been able to kill them. Maybe this could do it.

Yeah, because nothing would be better than seeing people lose their jobs.:blink:

Impact runs a tight ship with contracts and they're about to tape 6-8 weeks of content, hopefully some of the guys that get paid per appearance can make it and are looked after.

I feel for the talents working the Independent circuit without a contract with any promotion, some of these talents will probably have to retire.

Another big problem is going to be social distancing once the virus is under relative control. It's going to be a while before fans can congregate in mass at events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back