Will "Seinfeld" lose popularity?

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
How long will Seinfeld be a syndication giant? When will it lose its cache like Home Improvement and Roseanne? Will there ever come a time when Friends, with its more contemporary appeal, outperforms Seinfeld in syndication growth?

I was already under the impression that Friends was more popular than Seinfeld especially as here in the UK, Friends gets more syndication than Seinfeld. Friends airs over here everyday and has been airing over here everyday for like the last 10 something years. I think I've seen every episode of Friends on TV a thousand times already and yet I own it on DVD, lol. Seinfeld doesn't get reruns everyday though. Even The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air gets more syndication here than Seinfeld.

I don't think Seinfeld will lose popularity though, it's a sitcom that's timeless like Friends, Fresh Prince etc. It's created some iconic trends and catchphrases. George Constanza is one of the greatest comedy characters ever. Especially with Curb Your Enthusiasm still going and it's connection to Seinfeld, no one is going to forget Seinfeld.

George Costanza: Why are you home? You’re supposed to be out on your route, and getting my calzones for Steinbrenner.

Newman: Well, I saw that it’s raining outside, so I called in sick. I don’t work in the rain.

George Costanza: But… you’re a mailman! ‘Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow… ‘ It’s the first one!

Newman: I’ve never been much for credos.

Seinfeld has generated $3.1 billion dollars since it's syndication started in 1995. It's the most profitable 30 minute show of all time. Hulu bought rights to the show for a reported $700,000 an episode in 2015! It's crazy but with the money the show still brings in, I don't see Seinfeld losing it's appeal for a very long time. One of the reasons I still enjoy Seinfeld is that the jokes aren't jokes that you could actually get away with in 2017. The jokes are timeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back