Will Hogan and Bischoff change some PPV names in the future?

GenMe

GenMe
So now that Hogan and Eric took over TNA about 2 months ago.I dont know if any one had thought of this but do you think that in the future hogan and eric might change some of the names of the PPViews?

Hogan and Eric once they took over they change the entire arena,They change the 6side ring to a 4side ring,They also change the entrance and the walk way.So i guess the last thing they might do is also change some of the PPViews names.

What do you think?

And if you do think, that one day hogan and eric will Change some of the PPViews,What PPView names do you have in mind?

I do not believe they will tinker with TNA PPVs as they have pretty solid names (in my opinion) and pretty annual features - king of the mountain, Leathal Lockdown, Destination-X.

However I do think they will expand on the importance to certain PPVS, for example the countdown to lockdown seems to be putting more importance on this ppv as one that others are leading towards. This flashes back to the days of not so long ago when WWE built towards Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series. Now with new gimmick ppvs WWE has lost that "Main Event" feel on PPVs. A change to PPV names would feel the same way in TNA so I hope they do not move away from the ones they have, just build importance and make each one about stories and feuds, not gimicks (except for the ones rooted in history)

Well to be honest i have thought about this. I just dont know what they would do because all the names that WCW had are owned by WWE so they can't take any old school WCW ones that Hogan and Bischoff would be accustomed to.

But i do think that in the future, if Vince doesn't buy them first, that they will incorporate some kind of War Games type deal. I know they have Lethal Lockdown but that is just not the same. Also if they have russo running some storyline crap the triple cage could come into play or a scaffold match match maybe, a little off topic.

But i am not sure maybe they would do something along the lines of survivor series now that WWE has killed that and they could call it like Sole Survivor and have like a one on one turney or just steal WWE's product with team on team and call it something along the lines of survivng. I would honestly watch this because i loved how SS used used to be where it was team against team, and idc who does it, just someone has to and i think TNA can pick up this idea and run with it and hit it BIG!

I do not believe they will tinker with TNA PPVs as they have pretty solid names (in my opinion) and pretty annual features - king of the mountain, Leathal Lockdown, Destination-X.

However I do think they will expand on the importance to certain PPVS, for example the countdown to lockdown seems to be putting more importance on this ppv as one that others are leading towards. This flashes back to the days of not so long ago when WWE built towards Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series. Now with new gimmick ppvs WWE has lost that "Main Event" feel on PPVs. A change to PPV names would feel the same way in TNA so I hope they do not move away from the ones they have, just build importance and make each one about stories and feuds, not gimicks (except for the ones rooted in history)

Honestly i really hope that TNA now makes there PPViews a bigger deal then what they are now.

When i watched TNA like 3 weeks ago, I was like dam this is the first time that they actually make a countdown to lockdown.And now im looking forward to Order Lockdown and hopefully they make it a hell of a PPV.

Maybe they will maybe they won't. The names not whats important. Its the quality and importance of Each PPV. Just like How Golf and Tennis have 4 major Tournaments a year, I think its good for Wrestling to Have the same. Now WWE also has its Superbowl aka Wrestlemania so TNA needs the same. I believe Bound for Glory is TNAs version of Wrestlemania in the month of October. So what you do then is have 3 more equaly important PPVs spread out through the year. 1 Major per season. Jeeze you could even have a Wrestler win a "Grand Slam" if they win at each major. So If Fall is Bound for Glory, you need a Spring, Summer and Winter Major. I really like the idea behind the 8 Card Stud Tournament at Against All Odds, it felt kinda like King of the Ring (The fifth Major) So Slammiversary is in June, thats your Summer Major. Maybe you shuffle the months on some of the other BIG PPVs in TNA to spread the Majors out alittle. Then again WWE has 3 of its Majors in a 6 month period (Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania) but I'd prefer for TNA to be alittle different and spread ttheirs out to seasons. Besides Bound for Glory and Slammiversary I don't know which TNA PPVs are most important. Genesis and Final Resolution make sense to be the first and last PPVs of the year. Destination X features Ultimate X sometimes. Lockdown is all Cages. Victory Road was the first TNA PPV ever. I would also like to see a War Games PPV and if WWE is done with Survivor Series then maybe TNA COULD do the Sole Survivor Idea.

I like the names now.

But maybe they could use certain matches every year in that PPV.That would be pretty cool like a Steel Asylum every year in Hard Justice.

What would be the point of that? It's not like the PPVs have god awful names. I doubt a concern they have is the PPV names. They're busy taking care of getting to fully know the talent and get use to their work style and skill set. They may think of this later down the road, but it's still a rather pointless thing to do. Now if they were changing it to a certain gimmick style PPV, then a name change will happen.

for me, TNA has cool names for their pay per views. and the shouldn't change it coz it sounds all badass like: Lockdown,Genesis ,etc. I don't get to watch tna that much here in the philippines coz idk where channel it is in.

Why would they change the names? Oh, that's right. These are the same two that worked pay-per-views named Sin, Greed, and Souled Out.

They may change the names at some point, but I personally hope they don't. The names aren't bad as they stand. The name is not the problem with low buys. The problem is the advertising. Also, Eric and Hogan are only there for one year, so what's the chance they'd change something, only to have it come back in a few months anyway?

Oh wait...They changed the ring. :banghead:

I don't see a reason to change any of the PPV titles, to be honest.

One of the real underlying gems of how TNA structured their PPV titles is the hierarchy they follow, most notably in how "Genesis" – e.g. "the beginning" starts the calendar year, and "Final Resolution" – e.g. "the end" ends it. That's marketing genius, IMO.

If they want to alter some of the non-gimmick titles like Hard Justice, Victory Road or No Surrender, be my guest, but Genesis, Against All Odds (the new Survivor Series), Destination X, Lockdown, Sacrifice, Slammiversary, Bound for Glory, Turning Point and Final Resolution are perfect just as they are IMO.

I'd rather they don't change any PPV names but it wouldn't surprise me if they did since they already changed the ring and got rid of the face/heel tunnel system. Most of TNA's PPV's seem to all be similar shows with different names.... What they should do instead of change names is find a way for each show to stick out from the rest. I don't have any name changes in mind of my own since I like the current names of just about all of TNA's PPV's. If they do change some then roughly half of them are more likely to change than the others. Genesis, Destination X, Lockdown, Slammiversary, and Bound For Glory are all probably safe but any other PPV might get their name changed because that would reflect the possible changes that could be made to them.

Oh God, I fucking hope so. They're so bland and generic. I have no idea what order they're in and, after having the same set of pay-per-views for four or more years, I'm not sure I can remember many of their names. I'll give it a shot right now just to prove my point:

Bound For Glory
Slammiversary
LockDown
Against All Odds
Turning Point
Sacrifice

Genuinely can't think of any more. It took a while for me to remember Sacrifice. I remember Unbreakable, but they dropped that a while back. I like some of the old WCW names. They sounded fucking insane, but that just made them more memorable. So yeah, I'm all for Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff present TNA September Sodomy.

Yeah BFG will become the Hulk Hogan Sunday Night Spectacular! Seriously though, its not about the names, its about the product, there is no need to change the names. 6 years they have had the same names but not much has changed, that is because the company needs building, not because the name isnt edgy enough.

If they do the meaningless things like a name change then i'd be worried they have run out of ideas.

I don't think they will change the ppv names, i kinda like the names and think they are very good,,,and i think Higan thinks so too...

It's not hard to think of new names, and it's not like they can use old WCW ppv names...i think they should bring back Unbreakable...that was probably one of the greatest TNA ppv up to date...if not the greatest!!

I think Hogan/Bischoff should, and probably will, change a few PPV names and concepts. Of course they should leave the main ones that are the most recognizeable to fans as they are. I just think it would be a good way to do something fresh for the TNA product.

The PPVs I would keep as they are
Genesis
Againtst All Odds- I wouldn't have kept this ppv if this was last year but I like the "against all odds 8card stud tournament" where the winner gets a world title shot at Lockdown. It reminds me of the king of the ring in a way. So as long as they keep the tournament, I would keep this ppv. It would be cool if they could eventually do this ppv from Las Vegas.
Destination X
Lockdown
Slammiversary
Victory Road- I like that this is TNA's version of the great american bash
Bound For Glory- After Lockdown this year, I am excited to see how big and epic Bound for Glory VI this year will be.
Final Resolution- great way to tie up the year, and start fresh at Genesis.

The PPVs I would change
Sacrafice- not a bad ppv concet, but i wouldn't be sad to see the ppv go.
Hard Justice
Turning Point

They could have fun with it and come up with a ppv name and concept that's relevant to what TNA is doing with the story line. I would change the ones with less meaning that get stale every 3-5 years.

I dont think Hulk & Eric will change the names, if they were, they would have done it already or we'd be hearing reports of it now. But I do think they will change the Destination X name though as the name of the PPV is based around the X Division and TNA hardly have a X Division anymore, so I expect they will change that next year. And like Ruthless RKO mentioned, they should change that to Unbreakable if they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back