• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Flair Stay Retired?

NYSandman

Testicles. That is all.
For once, I was happy with the way the Flair retirement match went down. I think picking Shawn was a great idea, and the match was good. The emotion was right on, and the ending was really good, with Flair basically telling Shawn to pull the trigger.

I'm wondering if this is truly the end for Flair, as far as an active wrestler. But, we've seen wrestlers "retire" many, many times before, swear they were done, and then come back for "one more match," or coming back for good.

I'm wondering if Flair will actually stay retired. I'm thinking he could make a good GM for Raw, as "meh" is an understatement, IMHO, when it comes to Regal.

Whatever he chooses, my opinion of both Flair and Michaels is very high, for a great match at wrestlemania that even got me emotional.

Nah. Most people saw him as retired years ago, before he made a comeback to professional wrestling with WWE, and he's already been the GM of Raw. Regal is doing a decent job, imo they should make Coachman the GM of Raw and possibly Regal or Mick Foley as an SD! colour commentator.

Besides hes 59, it's time for him to get some well deserved rest. He says he wants to make guest appearances, so long as those don't mean being a special referee or doing gimmicky matches I'm fine by that. It would be nice to see him appear at some important WWE event just to go ''Woo'' then leave.

Personally, I hope so. Nothing against him, but his matches just aren't that good anymore, and I have difficulty for the most part, telling one match from his apart from another.

I wouldn't mind seeing him again in some other capacity though.

And I am still boggled by the big deal WWE is making out of his retirement. He spent most of his career outside of the WWE. Sure, he's been around a long time, but so have others such as Mick Foley, and they didn't make a big deal about his retirement. Not to say that a tribute is undeserved, I just don't understand exactly why the WWE felt it necessary to make such a big deal about it. Unless of course they decided to go over the top to do a tug at the heartstrings tribute in order to bring in viewers and ratings.

Why did the WWE make a big deal out of it? Because Ric Flair is a big deal. Ric Flair is one of the biggest stars EVER. He deserved every bit of what he got in his farewell. And onto the question at hand, with a farewell at hand, it would seem kinda odd if he did return. But I can see him finally hanging up the boots for good, and only making the occasional mick foley/steve austin type apperences. He'll come out sometime, pop a "Woo!", bad mouth some young wrestler that insulted his friend, get beat up, have his friend save him, and in the Main Event that night, he will get the win with the figure four leglock. so I see one or two more RAW or Smackdown one night appearences down the road, but nothing permenent.

I certainly hope he stays retired. After monday night being the most emotional night I've ever seen, it would be tainted to see him have one last match. His ending honestly I don't think could have been better. It was an absolutely perfect moment and I'd hate to see it be tarnished. I'd love to see him come back as a manager or just for some guest appearences. He's still Ric Flair after all. Just don't want to see him in the ring again.

I don't think we'll ever see him come out of retirement, and hope not, because he had a very fitting send-off and, as Klunderbunker said above me, it would cheapen it in a way.

However, when your entire life has been wrestling for as long as Flair's has, and you've got a son in developmental, I can't see Flair staying out of the WWE forever. I don't think we'll see him for a good year or so, and then he may do some guest spots, but I doubt we'll see him wrestle anymore.

I dont think we have seen the last of Flair for a couple of reasons:

1. His entire adult life has been devoted to professional wrestling, in most cases these guys dont just retire and never come back. Sure Flair be gone for a while, but it is almost a guarntee he will return at some point in some compacity, its in his blood.

2. Is it just me or did Flair sign a 3 year deal with WWE, wait oh yeah he DID! So why would WWE give him a three year deal if he was going to be off TV in 3 months. Even if he comes back to WWE as a backstage presence, agent or whatever, he is still going to be around the business and eventually he will want to get back in it in some compacity.

3. Ric Flair is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time and his retirement angle was phenominal, highly emotional. We all know that Vince McMahon will want Flair to be on TV in some compacity, especially how his angle went. So my guess is that once Flair has been gone for a while, McMahon will convince Flair to do something, if he is gonna be a GM, fine, one more match, maybe, I dont know, but he will be back.

Everything points to him coming back to the WWE at some point, which means we will see Flair again on WWE television.

I believe that Ric Flair will stay retired from in ring competition. Now that doesnt mean that he will be gone for good. Quite the contrary like stated before he had signed a 3 year deal. With that being said I'm sure we will see him back on television in some capacity by the end of summer.

As a Flair fan im saddened that I wont get to see him "Walk That Aisle" anymore but i can take solace in the fact that he went out on the biggest stage of them all and also wrestled his best match in years.

Whether you like it or you dont like it learn to love it because he was the best thing going. Diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair. WOOOOOOOOO!

I certainly hope he stays retired. After monday night being the most emotional night I've ever seen, it would be tainted to see him have one last match. His ending honestly I don't think could have been better. It was an absolutely perfect moment and I'd hate to see it be tarnished. I'd love to see him come back as a manager or just for some guest appearences. He's still Ric Flair after all. Just don't want to see him in the ring again.

Agree 99.99%. If he keeps coming back for "one last match" the farewell one raw was for nothing then.... But his skills and knowledge of the business would make him a great asset to the back as a road agent, booker, or just helpiong out the talent in the locker room. If he went to do commintator work that would be cool, but he should really use his knowledge in the back to help out the younger guys, and only make guest spots.

I dont belive for a second that he will never wrestle again. SO many wrestlers have "retirements"but still compete regionally, or sparingly, up until the time they are on their death beds. I highly doubt Flair, somebody who was so good for so long, will be able to stay away. You develop a passionate love for the game, and I just cant see someone totally quiting and never doing it again. Mark the words. Flair will wrestle again.

I honestly don't think Flair will wrestle anymore, not for a prolonged period of time anyway. Maybe he'll have a match here and there for the next couple of years. I really hope he comes back as GM or something. Flair deserves to stay involved with the company for as long as he wants. How cool would it be if he becomes Raw GM? He could come out with all the divas and do the whold take a ride on Space Mountain thing. Ric Flair IS the best ever...

I dont think Ric Flair will ever wrestle again. Ric Flair's retirement was way too big a deal for him to come back to the business, even for one match. His retirement was a great, emotional time and to come back from it would be wrong . He won;t come back, and even if he does, it will only be for a special occasion or event, and the occasion would have to be pretty spectacular for him to do so. Also it is pretty mcuh in stone, that he will never wrestle again.

So, of course he will stay retired.

Does anyone else feel that it was wrong for none of the WCW wrestlers to show up and show their respect on Flair's retirement night? I would have thought that Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Savage and others should have been there showing respect.

Does anyone else feel that it was wrong for none of the WCW wrestlers to show up and show their respect on Flair's retirement night? I would have thought that Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Savage and others should have been there showing respect.

Although that would have been a great, great respect to, THE MEN, Ric Flair. Hogan for one, would have been a bad idea, for one thing. RIc and Hogan don;t tend to be on the same page most of the time, and also, Hogan might steal the show from Flair.:flair:

Though, it wasn;t all that possible for them to get everyone to show their respect for Flair. You are rihgt, it owuld have been nice for them to be able to get more people to join the show on such a great night.

Flair won't be able to be out of the ring for too long. he loves the business too much just to be a "public relations" officer. maybe he'll return for some "one night only" appearances but in all likelyhood wrestlemania 24 was indeed Flairs last apperance.... who knows maybe his son Reid will learn the business quickly.....

Just wanted to post here because for some reason I can't make a new thread. In the wrestlezone headlines it says WWE pulled the fan vid of Undertaker and Vince coming out to Ric Flair in the ring. I found several different videos of this on Youtube, I would e-mail the editors but that never works for some reason so I was just posting it here, hopefully this isn't considered spam, because i don't consider it spam and I do like not being banned.

In my opinion HBK was a great star to retire to but i think Sting should have been called in or mentioned. I know he is in tna but sting is still an icon and him and ric had many many great matches

I don't see Flair ever wrestling again. I can see him being a part of the show, as he recently signed another three year contract. Perhaps as some sort of authority figure later on down the line, but not right now. I see him staying loyal to WWE and fulfilling his part and doing the public relations thing.

no of course he'll not stay in retirement, fs its ric flair, and he never stayed in retirement that previous times he said he would retire. he would probable come back and do some work with upcoming talent or something like that and make the odd appearance like austin, of the rock ( if only he would make an appearance)

I think he'll be back on screen to some extent but not in the ring.

If I was WWE creative, I have him manage a new four horseman stable. With the dirtiest player in the game on the sidelines you could have a great tweener group and give some guys a push, since the horsemen were always technicians you could look through the mid card

I think he wont have any more Actual MATCHES but he might manage HHH , HBK , Batista from time to time and if HHH Batista or HBK is getting beat down Ric might come in and help them out .. but if that doesnt happen the most we'll see of ric is haveing promo time

Gotta agree that Flair would be the ultimate manager, I mean look at what they did initially with Batista. After he got over the Deacon Batista thing Flair took him under his wing and he damn near turned into a main eventer overnight. Start a new Horsemen with Flair at the helm and Batista in the lead position and you can build any three guys you want around them. Otherwise your gonna have like previously mentioned the Rock/Austin style appearances and promos. Hopefully we'll never have to endure a Legend Killer angle from Orton goading Flair and they'll do the smart thing and keep him outta an actual match ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back