• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will anyone else follow...

B.Ware

Occasional Pre-Show
Will anyone else be following NJPW's Best of the Super Jr. XIX?

The tournament starts on Sunday (27 May) and finishes up on October 6 at Korakuan Hall, Tokyo. The matches are always exciting and with it being NJPW's 40th anniversary tour I think they're making quite a big deal out of it. There's some great competitors in the tournament who could end up having a few five star matches.

For those who don't know the talent involved is:

Prince Devitt
Ryusuke Taguchi
Jushin Thunder Liger
Tiger Mask IV
KUSHIDA
BUSHI
Low Ki
Brian Kendrick
Rocky Romero
Jado
Gedo
Taka Michinoku
Taichi
Black Tiger
PAC
Daisuke Sasaki
Alex Koslov
Angel de Oro

So, if anyone else is interested who do you think will end up victorious?

My pick would be Liger, as it's the 40th anniversary tour it would be fitting for a guy who has done so much for the business in Japan to lift the trophy.

This was something I always liked about WCW. They had a partnership with New Japan, and would mention these things on tv and use some of their talent. I wish WWE would capitalize on some of these things. being its the anniversary it would be fitting that Liger won the tourney.

It should be interesting and they're trying to make a big deal, but seriosly why is Taichi in it, it's like throwing Santino in the tournament. Would have liked to see more lucha guys in it. Angel de Oro is ok but he is a midcard talent in CMLL.

My pick is Devitt over Liger in the final, they f'n push Devitt like crazy.

It should be interesting and they're trying to make a big deal, but seriosly why is Taichi in it, it's like throwing Santino in the tournament. Would have liked to see more lucha guys in it. Angel de Oro is ok but he is a midcard talent in CMLL.

My pick is Devitt over Liger in the final, they f'n push Devitt like crazy.

I don't mind Taichi, he was teaming with Taka on a few shows and they performed quite a good cheeky heel gimmick. I never saw Taichi's work in CMLL but from what I gather he was quite a name for a short while. I like his look as well, it's pretty different and he stands out from a lot of other Japanese wrestlers.

There hasn't been too much of a presence of luchadores in the past few years, which I agree is a shame because some of them go over big time in Japan.

Devitt is definitely one of NJPW's top stars at the moment but Low Ki is becoming just as big out there. I wouldn't complain if Devitt won but he has seen a lot of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title in the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back