• Parasite Eve

• Still Life

• Mojo!

• Diddy Kong racing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png

Game; Parasite Eve
Released; 1998
Type; RPG
Platform; PSX
Published by; Square

150px-StillLifeEuropeCover.jpg

Game; Still life
Released; 2005
Type; adventure
Platform; PC/ X box
Published by; The adventure company

Mojo%21_Coverart.png

Game; Mojo!
Released; 2003
Type; Puzzle
Platform; PS2/X Box
Published by; Crave

250px-DKRboxart.jpg

Game; Diddy Kong Racing
Released; 1997
Type; Adventure racing
Platform; N64
Published by; Rare

Polls close on Wednesday​

Haha, Diddy Kong Racing. Amazing game and it's my choice for this round. I'm sure a lot of people have never played it but it's a great game very alike Mario Kart 64, but in my opinion slightly better. The Battle Modes are great and the story mode is really really cool and I spent a hell of a lot of time trying to beat it... and never being successfull. It was difficult, fun and one of my favourite N64 games. Diddy Kong Racing ftw.

Diddy Kong racing was absolutely phenomenal, I might go download it right now in fact. It's not Mariokart, but it's got some aspects Mariokart doesn't, like the hovercraft and airplane racing. It's an awesome game though, and I definitely suggest playing it and voting for it.

Backing DK's kid for this one. Purely because a. I only played/heard of it out of these four b. it so rocked despite being a tough cookie to beat.

I always love racing games with fighting abilities and this offered something new, it provides you with a stragety to play, saving up weapon power ups to beat others, but I liked how there was variety with playing a race with an option of car, boat and plane.

I wonder if it's available to download on the Wii...

I'm proud that I was the one who suggested DKR for the wildcard pick. I did suggest it cause it's simply a superb game. The only game ever that people thought could derail Mario Kart as the greatest arcade-style racing game. It could've actually surpassed MK as top arcade-style racer series if Rare hadn't gone to Microsoft.

Really? No love for Parasite Eve? Shit I played the hell out of that game, and I would have rolled through the 2nd one had they not packaged two Disc One CD's in the case, but oh well. Parasite Eve FTW, it was like Resident Evil on RPG steroids.

Edit: I thought this post would be longer, let me go on.

Parasite EVE was underrated, had a great story to it, and the battle system it used was truly unique in my opinion. Instead of switching to a whole new screen when a random encounter came, you were restricted to a portion of the area and had to fight your way out. It utilized an Active Time Bar like other RPGs from the past had, but you had the ability to run around in that limited space to maximize your defense or offense in the battle. The Parasite powers also gave you quite a bit of leeway on how you could battle, powers or guns, or a combination.

I'm proud that I was the one who suggested DKR for the wildcard pick. I did suggest it cause it's simply a superb game. The only game ever that people thought could derail Mario Kart as the greatest arcade-style racing game. It could've actually surpassed MK as top arcade-style racer series if Rare hadn't gone to Microsoft.

I don't know, the Cruisin' series was also a popular and highly successful arcade style racing series as well. As was the Rush series. In fact I enjoyed Cruisin' World and Rush 2049 more than I did Mario Kart.

This poll is a toss up between Parasite Eve and Diddy Kong racing for me. I owned an N64 growing up, one of my good friends had a Playstation. He bought Parasite Eve when it first came out and we played that game for hours (that and Driver, another great game) The advantage DKR has is that I had it for my system and I was able to play it a lot more. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as some of my other games, but it was a solid racing game nonetheless. The game had enough trill to it to keep you entertained and was challenging enough to keep you coming back for more. It took me less time to beat Parasite Eve than it did to beat Goldeneye or Turok, after that the game kind of lost its appeal not having a two player mode setting. Even after I had beaten DKR the game still kept its appeal, even in one player mode.

I have to say DKR gets my vote here, but not by a blowout.

I've never played Still Life and Tetrisphere kicks the shit out of Mojo!

Parasite Eve gets the nod from me here, though DK Racing was extremely fun. I remember how excited I was when getting that game for the N64 because my copy of Mario Kart had been stolen, and it didn't disappoint. Mario Kart 64 still owns its ass though if you ask me.

Parasite Eve though was one of the very first RPG games I played, aside from the FF series. Mixing in the horror elements is probably what really sold it for me as I'm such a horror-hound. I still have it and actually played it for the first time in years a few monthes back, and held up just as when I first sat in the dark with my heart racing playing this game as a kid. Screw DK Racing, vote Parasite Eve people! Gaming at it's best.

Parasite Eve is hands down better than any game in all of these Wild Cards. It took the horror elements of Resi Evil and mixed it together with a Final Fantasy Esq RPG. This is one vastly underated game, its has a compelling story,execptional graphics great difficult puzzles what more could you want. Do what Xfear suggests and vote Parasite Eve.

Simply put the game is fantastic you have unique useage of the active time bar,the way you need to conserve your ammo as endless mutated dogs come at you and the excellent metamorphoses of enemies, the game has it all. In fact this game is so good that the only thing letting it down is the fact there was no speaking in it. Come on people have sense there is no way Diddy Kong is better than Parasite Eve.

What on God's green earth is wrong with you people?! You're voting for a second rate - cash cow, pure shit game in Shitty Kong Racing?! HELLO?! Mario Kart is going to kick each and every one of you square in the nuts for allowing this piece of crap to get voted in. You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves.

And damn you, Lee, you put two of my favorite games against each other. I don't care who votes for what.. as long as it's one of two games.. these..

Still Life:

Here is a game that rivals that of any detactive game you'll ever play. It's rude, cruel and full of attitude. Fuck C.S.I, this is the real deal. You play as a Woman (Victoria) who is trying to solve a string of murders that have an odd connection to her Grandfather's case from 1920.

This game is all about using your mind. (no wonder most of you didn't vote for it - you have to actually put thought into playing the damn thing) You basically solve a ton of puzzles and brain-busting problems. I don't know what else to say, except when I rented this game for the first time it was out of boredom and wanting something new. I came away with a new love, and a new sense of adventure for puzzle solving mystery/suspense games.

I also voted for this one, because it's my favorite of the two.

MoJo!:

This is the other game I hope could possibly be one of the two to come out on top. Mojo is the end-all, be-all to basicness. You're a marble. Yes, a marble. You collect colored blocks (red, green, yellow & blue) and you basically need to go through each stage in a selective amount of time, collecting the right blocks at the right time.

This game, as the levels increase, so does the difficulty and the addition of having to think how you should approach each new level. Erin rented this, and I didn't even want to give it a shot. When I finally did, I refused to quit. Its amazingly addicting and I don't know any other way to say it.

Its so simple, yet so complex and hard. Definitely way better than Shitty Dong Rip-off Racing.

DKR is one of the best racing games that I can think of and I only put it behind Mario Kart 64.

Great multiplayer, and it was a racing game with a story around it.

Diddy Kong Racing isn't as good as Mario Kart 64, but it is still an immensly fun game. The introduction of planes and hovercrafts was novel, and the game introduced a range of new characters that were then in their own games like Banjo and Conker, and ones that were good but fell off the face of the earth like Timber.

I can't believe Diddy Kong Racing is going in over Parasite Eve. Its no way on comparision to Mario Kart. It was a fun game to play when I was about 8.Now though I look back and think it's stll playable but nothing compared to the Mario Kart levels of enjoyment. Parasite Eve I look back on and think this is still a fucking awesome game. Be smart people and vote Parasite Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back