• StarCraft

• Desert Strike

• James Pond

• MK

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-StarCraft_box_art.jpg

Game; StarCraft
Released; 1998
Type; RTS
Platform; PC/N64
Published by; Blizzard/Sierra/Nintendo

Desert_Strike_-_Return_to_the_Gulf_Coverart.png

Game; Desert strike; Return to the gulf
Released; 1992
Type; shoot em up
Platform; Sega Genesis/SNES
Published by; EA

200px-Pond.PNG

Game; James Pond
Released; 1990
Type; Platformer
Platform; Amiga, Atari ST, Acorn Archimedes, Amiga CD32, Mega Drive/Genesis, Super NES, Game Boy, Game Gear
Published by; EA

Mortal_Kombat_game_flyer.png

Game; Mortal Kombat
Released; 1992
Type; beat em up
Platform; Arcade, Super NES, Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega CD, Amiga, Game Gear, Game Boy, Sega Master System, MS-DOS, Playstation 2 and XBox (with Mortal Kombat: Deception Premium Pack), PlayStation Portable (as part of Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play), mobile phone, TV game
Published by; MidWay​

Poll ends wednesday

Gonna have to go with Starcraft. Now i know MK is a iconic fight gaming series, but till this day after 11 years, starcraft remains a hugely popular game around the world. Tournaments are still held for this game for people to compete. I think for people to still play a online and compete on this game after 11 years is a testament to how great it is. Great story mode, unique for its time gameplay, and amazing replay value should let this game advance.

Star Craft. I love this game. It was between this and Mortal Kombat, but I realized that despite it being the first of it's kind and all that, Mortal Kombat wasn't all that fun. I'm sure it would have been if I was, you know, alive then. But Star Craft gives you a lot of freedom and it's really fun trying different strategies and plans. In fact this is making me want to take it out and start playing again...

Where did I put my StarCraft disc? Seriously, I love this game so badly, I even prefer it to WarCraft, perfect mixture and so many twists and turns that the solo gameplay provided alone! I never played it online, but might try and amend that one right there. It was so original, unique and as previously stated, has a long lasting appeal. Who's looking forward to StarCraft 2?

I think that Mortal Kombat is iconic, but there alot more better fighting games out there - ie Street Fighter/Soul Calibur.

Though Starcraft is tempting, I HAD to go with Mortal Kombat. I could never decide which fighting series was my favorite, MK or Soul Calibur, but I think I have to go with MK, and the first one was great. The story has kept me captivated and I've had hours upon hours of enjoyment playing all of the games, from MK1 to Armegeddon. I still haven't played the newest one yet, but I bet it owns.

I wanna go with James Pond, partially because of how underrated it is. It's a truly insane little game. A platformer that made absolutely no sense. It was Mischief Makers before it was made.
But then there's MK. The game that revolutionised the fight game genre. They introduced blood, gore and later was the first main stream fighting game to have weapons. It gave way to games like Killer Instinct and Soul Calibur. And there'll always be the debate of MK vs Street Fighter. When a fighting game is alongside Street Fighter in the best fighting game debate, you know it's special.
But since I think plenty of people will vote for MK, I'm going for James Pond.

Starcraft all the way. One of the first insanely addictive online games I played and that hooked me immediately, it was probably the first game that I would just sit there and play for literally hours upon hours upon hours just wasting all of my free time playing it. I'd probably still be playing it if I didn't lose the game years ago.

Alot of people who are voting for MK probably don't remember the original arcade game. Well, it really wasn't very good. If any MK should make it, it should probably be 2 or 3 I'd say. One of 'em should definately be in the tourney though.

Starcraft, and its not even close. I can not even attempt to count the amount of hours I've spent playing this game. This game along with Chips Challenge (an ancient but addictive puzzle solving game) are the two most played games on my PC (Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit would also have this honor, but I can't find all the disks for the game :glare:)

This game is most enjoyed with the addition of the Brood War expansion package, which above all give you more options for creating new levels. The storyline is intriguing and the gameplay is superb and entertaining. You can play single player, on the internet, or against computer players.

Starcraft for me

Gonna have to go with Starcraft. Now i know MK is a iconic fight gaming series, but till this day after 11 years, starcraft remains a hugely popular game around the world.

Mortal Kombat's been around for 17...And, is still popular...It deserves the votes

I think that Mortal Kombat is iconic, but there alot more better fighting games out there - ie Street Fighter/Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur? Street Fighter? Really? When's the last time either had a new game come out?

Alot of people who are voting for MK probably don't remember the original arcade game. Well, it really wasn't very good. If any MK should make it, it should probably be 2 or 3 I'd say. One of 'em should definately be in the tourney though.

The original was great...Without it being great, there would have been no 2 or 3...My favorite is Armageddon though :D

VOTE MORTAL KOMBAT

mortal-kombat-armageddon.jpg

NSl we're talking the game, not the series. I'd say more people play StarCraft today than MK1. Soul Calibur had a new game out last year, street Fighter this year.

The original MK was a good game, but I just thought I'd straighten a few things out :p

If you're a real AMERICAN then you'll vote DESERT STRIKE - right fucking now!

Honestly, this game was amazing. You're in a Helicopter, protecting your Country. You fly around, destroying terrorist camps, radar's, missile silos, and protecting the President and his motorcade! How is that not amazing?

Mortal Kombat: Uhm, wow, so you have two guys fighting each other. (Street Fighter rip-off) You add in blood, and neat looking finishing moves that ultimately were pure shit once the better (newer) games came to be known.

If you're gonna vote in a MK game, let it be MK2 or even 3, but not the first. Because the first had all of 10 characters, 2-3 of which were basic look-alikes. (Reptile, Scorpion & Sub-Zero)

I don't even know the other games. So yeah.. VOTE Desert Strike!

Mortal Kombat's been around for 17...And, is still popular...It deserves the votes

As Lee has already pointed out, we are talking about the actual game, not series. Starcraft still has a big player base till this day, i really doubt MK1 probably one of the least popular in the series still does.

Although MK was great, I voted Starcraft.

It was the 1st Strategy game i played on the computer and at first i didn't get it but i love the game now.

The Strike games were a big part of my childhood, and in particular Soviet Strike which I still play now. Mortal Kombat was ok, but it wasnt as good as street fighter to be honest, and the characters were quite lazily drawn: Sub Zero, Reptile, Scorpion, Rain, Noob Saibot and Smoke are all essentially the same guy with pallet swaps, I mean, come on!

Desert Strike was ace, I'm pretty sure I played it on the Amiga, and blowing up tanks with an apache never ceases to be a treat, vote Desert Strike.

Ok, after re looking at the games list, I somehow ended up with a game in twice, it is for that reason that StarCraft will take its place and will be seeded number 50 in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back