• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why won't the WWE take a page out of TNA's book when it comes to Face/Face....

chibet

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think that TNA has a huge advantage in their booking, a shocking statement i know to most on this board. but what i love about TNA is they have been coming up with creative ways to have ANYBODY face ANYBODY and not having to follow the heel vs face format. ( example: BFG series...) I would love to see some more of this from the WWE. It does happen, but very rarely. I'd kill to see JoMo vs Kofi, or either of the two vs Daniel Bryan ..... i don't think kofi and jomo have EVER wrestled one on one !?! There are easy ways of making these things happen such as more creative #1 contender matches , ranking systems, etc. flame away but you know i have a point!

- chibbz

Because when and if they ever meet one-on-one it should mean a lot more. WWE can promote and hype the match as "the first time these two veterans have ever met" or "after lenghthy careers and plenty of opportunity to scout one another these two men will finally face off in a match that is years in the making.". If done really well they will get you to pay for it.

Let's compare it to two people having sex. If they do it for the first time on a drunken whim they are less likely to care that much about it when they have it after they fall in love or get married. (Poster's note: I do not condone or promote pre-marital sex or abstaining, that is between you, your mate and whoever cleans your bedsheets.)

Honestly.... I agree. This is one of the areas where TNA is better than WWE. They are good about getting faces to be able to face each other in good angles, and even heels facing other heels. The booking is pretty complex, like always in TNA, but in terms of the storylines WWE should take some notes from TNA. It doesn't always have to be one of the two most common (and most lazy) angle types. Face champions don't always have to get attacked by heel challengers. Heel champions don't always have to have an underdog face challenge them. Those two have been done to death by WWE and seeing more face VS face matches would be nice if they did it like TNA does because you can do a face against another face without it having to be a "who's the better man" storyline. Heel VS heel can work too when done properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back