• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Season 2 seems like it will be better....

|RealityCheck

Dark Match Jobber
At the end of the first episode of NXT Season 1...I knew either Daniel Bryan or Wade Barret going to win. With NXT Season 2, I would have to say that its not as easy to pick the winner. My favorites to win are Alex Riley, Kaval, JOE HENNIG, or Percy Watson. Lets hope they don't make it so obvious...and that the NXT Season 1 stable storyline is badass :)

I agree that Hennig, Riley, and Kaval have to be the top 3 favorites.

But I'm putting Husky in there as my sleeper pick. Not saying he's going to win it, but I see him making it pretty far in the competition.

I personally didn't see anything in the tag match to start the show off. Titus and Cottonwood both did a combined 4 basic moves and let Morrison show off the star. In my opinion horrible booked.

Honestly I think the season 2 cast looks waayy more promising then season 1. I had no interest in half the season 1 roster for most of the show. After the first episode I can only rule out a few.. Titus O'neal displayed some of the worst mic work I've ever seen on television.. he's out. Unless Lucky has some kind of ridiculous in ring stuff, I think he's out, too. Husky won't win it.

The rest seem pretty solid. I wouldn't be upset with any of them winning. Percy seems like a solid 100% babyface. Better than Gabriel was, and with this whole 50% wwe universe stuff I think he has a good shot. My favorites are Riley and McGillicutty. I'd love to see Kaval win, but I'd be surprised.

I don't necessarily think it will be better because it's harder to choose a winner, I have to admit I've already chosen the ones I would like to see win season 2, Alex Riley or Michael McGillicutty.

The only two that really has the complete package from what I understand, the only two that actually strikes me as interesting and someone I'd like to see on the main roster.

And even with that, I actually find most of the new rookies to be somewhat boring, or not interesting enough, that's something I can't say about NXT season 1, I found all of them interesting in some manner, while there were some I didn't like, I still found them interesting on the first episode.

No matter what happens,they sure as hell won't have an easy go.Now Striker hates the rookies,he looked like he didn't want anything to do with them,and probably planned the attack on them.But none of them stand out to me as WWE superstars.From season 1 i could easily some of them being on TV weekly but I have little interest in season 2.It's kinda like the power ranger effect,I've gotten used to the original group and don't want to see anyone else.But I'm feelin Percy tho,he looks like he's going to be fun to watch.

It's obvious the winner will be either Riley, McGillicutty, or Kaval. No offence to the other rookies, but it seems to me that WWE only put these "weirdos" on season 2 just to get them out of the way. Season 2 is going to be a lot shorter(about 11 weeks now) and with the lack of actual good talent, predicting the winner shouldn't be hard. I'm still going to watch but probably won't be as interested

Ehhh... I think for me it's harder to choose a winner because I just don't give a fuck. Season one somehow made me care about every guy about 4 weeks in. Even the guys I bagged on in these very forums like Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver. These new rookies didn't impress in the first episode, and while keeping in mind that's only one week down, I just don't care for anyone. Kaval would be my pick, but if he's not going to be the warrior he was while in FCW I don't care. The names are just fucking stupid, I'm sorry, but Husky, Lucky, Cottonwood, and McGuillicutty??? I don't judge talent by name, but no. Just no.

So far, NXT season 2 has been stupid, still keeping in mind its only been one episode. Hopefully some more character development is made so there's actually someone to get behind, without just hopping on for legacy value (Hennig, and Rotunda).

One last bitch and I'm done. When did Matt Striker turn into such a dick? I might have just not noticed, but I don't think he was as disrespectful ot the rookies last season as he was on Tuesday, but whatever. It's probably because he was attacked by Season 1 the night before.

When I first heard that 8 rookies who would be involved in Season 2 of NXT... I evaluated the 8 of this season and compared them to the 8 rookies of Season 1. After doing that, I felt that Season 2 was going to be better than Season 1. However, I watched the Season 2 premier and I felt it was the worst episode of NXT to date. I loved the Season 1 premier and I couldn't wait for it to continue. Season 2... not so much. Hopefully, the other episodes will be much better and hopefully, it won't be like Season 1 where 3 rookies were eliminated on the first night of eliminations.

Now, from the start, my favorite rookie was Michael McGillicutty... I'm very excited to see his pairing with Kofi Kingston. Alex Riley just my day with his charisma, "Does my hair look okay? Of course it looks okay? Why am I asking you if my hair looks okay?" I look forward to him giving me many more laughs with The Miz. And Kaval is very talented and it seems that he will have a tough time with Lay-Cool. The other 5 are fair game.

Looking on paper, atleast in my opinion, Season 2 doesn't look much better than Season 1. However, I'll have to wait and see.

The new NXT roster actually looks weak in comparison to season one. Sure, season one had people like Skip Sheffield and Darren Young who weren't the greatest, but Season Two looks worse. Percy Watson? Husky Harris? Lucky Cannon? Where the hell do these names come from?

My guess is Kaval will win Season Two, but I don't see any of these people having much air time on RAW. Any of these winners are headed straight to Smackdown. And who else is pissed off by Percy Watson's open homosexuality? Unless he is trying to play a gay wrestler. But that whole dance he does in the ring killed this show.

For some reason as soon as I began to watch the first episode of season 1, I was instantly interested where as season 2 I just did'nt care. Maybe it was because season 1 was a unique WWE show that no one really knew it what it would be. As for a winner? I'd say Kaval,Percy Watson or Michael Mcgillicutty as they're all faces and I'd be surprised to see two heel winners of NXT in 2 seasons. Although apparently Alex Riley is brilliant on the mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back